Queensland & NT Cyclones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lived here 34 years and never had a cyclone.
Had a Cat 4 just over my house. Nothing too bad but we are a lot better off than others.
Think the worst has gone now.
Also, plenty if crocs around here mate
Are we talking Rocky or Mackay? or elsewhere?

Yasi went through not that long ago.

Also from what I could tell, first croc warning sign on Bruce highway is coming into Mackay, but only around Townsville and north thereof where there actual Crocwatch reports.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
got back from Adeilade last night, was freaking out looking at the news, thought flight back to brisbane would be cancelled.

boarded the plane on time and the smoothest flight ever.

a shit load of rain but wheres the cyclone?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
got back from Adeilade last night, was freaking out looking at the news, thought flight back to brisbane would be cancelled.

boarded the plane on time and the smoothest flight ever.

a shit load of rain but wheres the cyclone?
There never was going to be a cyclone in Brisbane. As soon as they cross the coast (600km away) they lose their power and pretty much become rain, rain and more rain.

Sitting in Mrs CroydonDog's car driving along gympie road. It's like a ghost town.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There never was going to be a cyclone in Brisbane. As soon as they cross the coast (600km away) they lose their power and pretty much become rain, rain and more rain.

Sitting in Mrs CroydonDog's car driving along gympie road. It's like a ghost town.
yeah its like that everywhere aye?

TV channels in adeilade were showing as if cat 5 was in brisbane. i was getting scared and nervous watching tv. Goes to show you how media can manipulate the news to scare people.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
whats shit me the most about this weather event is the media blowing everything out of proportion for the south east qld area, we went through massive floods in 2011 and 2013 in the lockyer valley, and as everyone knows what happened in grantham.

yes its one thing to be prepared be ready and know what to do, but even our local council started scaring the shit out of residents by opening up the disaster center, getting in a state government fast water rescue boat, and telling people to sand bag and be ready to move out.....

we get flooded from 2 big creek systems the lockyer and laidley creek systems, both systems need around 600mm before they become any concern 2013 was 1300mm in mount castle the head of the laidley creek, and in 2011 toowoomba had that massive storm, i wish the authorities would report more factual instead of how they are.
the people in and around caboulture kilcoy and further up north could have used the resources wasted sitting idol in our area,
scare mongering will cost lives as people will become complacent when told its going to be huge and devestating and it turns out to be a total of 55mm, the media themselves need to be factual about reporting in these situations

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What I found stupid and disgusting is that 7 news actually had a countdown for the cyclone.

Wtf is that shit, is it new years or potential of people getting hurt/killed?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats shit me the most about this weather event is the media blowing everything out of proportion for the south east qld area, we went through massive floods in 2011 and 2013 in the lockyer valley, and as everyone knows what happened in grantham.

yes its one thing to be prepared be ready and know what to do, but even our local council started scaring the shit out of residents by opening up the disaster center, getting in a state government fast water rescue boat, and telling people to sand bag and be ready to move out.....

we get flooded from 2 big creek systems the lockyer and laidley creek systems, both systems need around 600mm before they become any concern 2013 was 1300mm in mount castle the head of the laidley creek, and in 2011 toowoomba had that massive storm, i wish the authorities would report more factual instead of how they are.
the people in and around caboulture kilcoy and further up north could have used the resources wasted sitting idol in our area,
scare mongering will cost lives as people will become complacent when told its going to be huge and devestating and it turns out to be a total of 55mm, the media themselves need to be factual about reporting in these situations
#WeatherTainment

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we talking Rocky or Mackay? or elsewhere?

Yasi went through not that long ago.

Also from what I could tell, first croc warning sign on Bruce highway is coming into Mackay, but only around Townsville and north thereof where there actual Crocwatch reports.
Came straight over Rocky mate.

Yes we have had the rain from Cyclones up North, but hasnt hit here since i've lived here.

We have plenty of Crocs mate dont worry about that. In the main river in Rocky. There is a large Crocodile Park in between Rocky and Yeppon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Strange .. a bloke on another forum I'm on is in Rocky and got flooded badly this time around.

I think that Croc park was one I was going to check out on the way north but it was too far out of our travelling route.

Ended up checking out the one just north of Palm Cove (it's good). Got to see a few big crocs in the wild up at Port Douglas on the Lady Douglas cruise too :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.