News Queen Elizabeth II Dies

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A real end of an era - and possibly the end of the Royal Family as we’ve known them. The only monarch most of us have ever known. Lizzie was a stalwart and to make it through to 96 with all the spotlights and scandals is a top effort - this coming from a non-Monarchist generally. RIP and good job old girl.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real end of an era - and possibly the end of the Royal Family as we’ve known them. The only monarch most of us have ever known. Lizzie was a stalwart and to make it through to 96 with all the spotlights and scandals is a top effort - this coming from a non-Monarchist generally. RIP and good job old girl.

Yep, she has been an enduring figure for many. Hope her soul rests in peace now.

Can't help but feel a connection. Sad day.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RIP Elizabeth.

I'm too young to have ever really got into the royal hype. But my nan who passed in April this year was a big fan of them all. My mother on the other hand didn't care for them.
I guess it was a generational thing.

As @DinkumDog said it will change the royal family. I wonder if this will reignite the republic debate.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if this will reignite the republic debate.
I’d say that’s inevitable in time and one of the reasons there hasn’t been a lot of momentum on that in recent years was out of respect to Lizzie.

I voted yes for a Republic in 1999 as I think an Australian should be our Head of State but I didn’t like the model of Parliament choosing them, which is one reason I think it was voted down.

King Chuck I don’t feel will resonate in the same way with the punters that his mum did. Prince Willy seems to have the PR skills for that which he got more from his mum. Regardless, the world is a very different place today to when Lizzie took the throne, so the whole institution will probably never be the same.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Very sad. Her death and funeral is all we will hear about for a while now which is fair enough. I think Australia needs to have a serious conversation once the dust settles though.
King Charles? No thanks
Good day to pass some dodgy legislation through the parliament nothing else is going to receive media attention today.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good day to pass some dodgy legislation through the parliament nothing else is going to receive media attention today.
Haha yep and it sounds like there is plenty of dodgy legislation planned too unfortunately

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now at 60 years old, I grew up with the Queen always being in the background, at kindy we would recite the daily Oath of Allegiance and walk past the big portrait of Her Majesty, it was just part of our lives, a caring aunty that we might never meet or actually ever see in person but she was still always there.
For my generation, with her passing, so passes a small part of ourselves.

Attachments

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP Elizabeth.

I'm too young to have ever really got into the royal hype. But my nan who passed in April this year was a big fan of them all. My mother on the other hand didn't care for them.
I guess it was a generational thing.

As @DinkumDog said it will change the royal family. I wonder if this will reignite the republic debate.
Yeah it's a generational thing.
Previous Australian generations had a stronger connection to the mother country than younger generations.

Yes the Republic debate will get a real flogging to come no doubt.

R.I.P to the Queen of England.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I got to do the Buckingham palace tour that you can do when she is not living there and it was really interesting just the history I was standing quite close to a random nice gold clock sitting on a chest of draws listening to the tour guy talk and he is like I wouldn’t bump that sir that clock was a gift to the king from Napoleon. The place was filled with cool stuff like that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I got to do the Buckingham palace tour that you can do when she is not living there and it was really interesting just the history I was standing quite close to a random nice gold clock sitting on a chest of draws listening to the tour guy talk and he is like I wouldn’t bump that sir that clock was a gift to the king from Napoleon. The place was filled with cool stuff like that.
That would be interesting. The empire including all of those rare antiques & artworks are valued at 62 billion! The queens personal wealth was 644 million! Charles will be ok for money without our donations :grinning:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of all the leaders around the world, she stood head and shoulders above the lot
Not a monarchist by any means, but I take my hat off to true leadership
She was a cracker
I don’t think there will be many people who arnt saddened by her death

RIP