SMH Quade cooper at 6 for dogs?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d sign him for this year I’d the comp gets up and running at reduced rate can’t hurt to see how he go better then Lewis and coggar who knows might go half alright we got good service out of kimmorley when we signed him at the tail of his career
The only clubs willing to sign him in his own sport are in Japan, and you want him to step into a first grade NRL team with no experience?

Comparing it to the Kimmorley situation is not a good analogy. Kimmorley was a career league player who was still playing in the NRL (the top Rugby League comp).

This place is so bipolar. People whinge and whinge when we buy average players, whinge when we dont have money to spend, and when we finally do free some cash want to blow it on over the hill Rugby Union players? And why... He ThReW sOmE tRiCkY pAsSeS aT bRonCoS tRaInInG. Then if the dude flops people will whinge again.

Too much risk for too little reward.

And the fact is he isnt that good anyway. I doubt there are many here that actually used to watch him play regularly, they have just seen the recent little flick pass vids and think oooh.. something shiny. Dude is a turnstile.

Any club that signs him would become a laughing stock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The only clubs willing to sign him in his own sport are in Japan, and you want him to step into a first grade NRL team with no experience?

Comparing it to the Kimmorley situation is not a good analogy. Kimmorley was a career league player who was still playing in the NRL (the top Rugby League comp).

This place is so bipolar. People whinge and whinge when we buy average players, whinge when we dont have money to spend, and when we finally do free some cash want to blow it on over the hill Rugby Union players? And why... He ThReW sOmE tRiCkY pAsSeS aT bRonCoS tRaInInG. Then if the dude flops people will whinge again.

And the fact is he isnt that good anyway. I doubt there are many here that actually used to watch him play regularly, they have just seen the recent little flick pass vids and think oooh.. something shiny. Dude is a turnstile.

People are desperate and just want a so called but name player. I just want the right players, don't care if it's a 300k or a 1m player, just sign the right ones.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s all good we wouldn’t sign him anyway he’s be keen to be in qld we’d stick with the immortals nephew Lewis ...
Plus means we’d have to deal with Koda Nasser and he will want top dollar for him and these days can’t stay more then 2 seasons with a club

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
If we got him for the right amount then I think that he would be good. League is a lot similar to Rugby but it still has its many differences. I watched Fox Sports and they pointed out that he is a great attacker but would struggle in defence. I then instantly thought Pay is a pretty good defence coach.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Tigers in the hot seat for Cooper

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we got him for the right amount then I think that he would be good. League is a lot similar to Rugby but it still has its many differences. I watched Fox Sports and they pointed out that he is a great attacker but would struggle in defence. I then instantly thought Pay is a pretty good defence coach.
I agree with you Arthur. At the moment we are struggling for a sponsor and good publicity. At the end of the day it’s a cameo appearance. He will only play out the season. We are 0/2. Throw him at fullback. He still had athletic ability. Still had speed. Won’t need to tackle. Has a great boot and pass.

So in my opinion it’s actually low risk for no money. I’m not saying give him a 3 year deal. That’s nuts. But to finish off the season, and get some interest in the brand.

I don’t even remember the last time a decent rugby name came to league. So people will tune in. Which couldn potential bring 3rd party money. And next year he fucks off back to union and we will have cash for some decent talent that we will miss out on anyways.

Don’t get people that think it’s a waste of money. We have 2 open roster spots. We have Forans and smiths injury compensation. We have CHN and Okunbours money. Not signing anyone is a waste of money...... that money won’t roll over next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with you Arthur. At the moment we are struggling for a sponsor and good publicity. At the end of the day it’s a cameo appearance. He will only play out the season. We are 0/2. Throw him at fullback. He still had athletic ability. Still had speed. Won’t need to tackle. Has a great boot and pass.

So in my opinion it’s actually low risk for no money. I’m not saying give him a 3 year deal. That’s nuts. But to finish off the season, and get some interest in the brand.

I don’t even remember the last time a decent rugby name came to league. So people will tune in. Which couldn potential bring 3rd party money. And next year he fucks off back to union and we will have cash for some decent talent that we will miss out on anyways.

Don’t get people that think it’s a waste of money. We have 2 open roster spots. We have Forans and smiths injury compensation. We have CHN and Okunbours money. Not signing anyone is a waste of money...... that money won’t roll over next year.
We aren't getting any money for Smith or Foran...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We aren't getting any money for Smith or Foran...
Didn’t we get cap exemptions for them? Or we lost that as they will be ready before the season is over?
Either way we deserve Compo as they were injured during a rep game. Bit harsh on the clubs to fund the rehab when it wasn’t a club game.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally id take him, and at a reduced rate which he is willing to accept,i would take him on, i dont even think it would be a gamble, we have been screaming for another attacking half, do it deano even it was for only 4 or so months.
Pretty talented and fit lad.
Fark no, go smoke your drugs elsewhere please!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fark no, go smoke your drugs elsewhere please!
Agreed. It's only for the rest of this season IF we get back started again. In a position we've already got a BIG $$$ signing already playing in.

Makes absolutely no sense in the slightest.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He only wants a short term contract so he can return to Jap Rugby.
Not worth the effort at this stage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Didn’t we get cap exemptions for them? Or we lost that as they will be ready before the season is over?
Either way we deserve Compo as they were injured during a rep game. Bit harsh on the clubs to fund the rehab when it wasn’t a club game.
They won't be missing many games now because of the virus, we also apparently don't have to fill our roster out now and replace both Okunbor and CHN. If the club get their accounting right and effectively use the space we have now then i'm happy for no one to join us this season if players like Cooper are available, rather focus on 2021 recruits.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His Japanese team Kintetsu Liners haven't given him permission for the short stint in League.

So his short NRL career is over before it started.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell be awful in league will be an absolute turnstile