PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spent a couple of hours on Assassin's Creed Valhalla today. It's definitely a different game to Odyssey. More serious. Combat is more barbaric too. Less finess, more hack and slash. Still very fun though.

You can switch between male and female at any time which is great 'cause I wasn't sure which one I wanted to play. The female in Odyssey (Kassandra) was much better than the male (Alexios). In this one I find the male to be much better. The female just has no character about her at all. She's boring. The male just looks like a crazy berserker. Especially when you pick the full on ZZ top beard.
I bought it today as well. I've been playing on the middle setting which automatically picks the gender. It hasn't switched from the female version yet. I'll have to switch it myself I think. Just got to England to get my settlement started. Not bad so far. But the hype had me more excited than the game has so far.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bought it today as well. I've been playing on the middle setting which automatically picks the gender. It hasn't switched from the female version yet. I'll have to switch it myself I think. Just got to England to get my settlement started. Not bad so far. But the hype had me more excited than the game has so far.
I'm really enjoying it but the combat feels less complex than Odyssey. More gritty. But I'm playing it on Berserker difficulty and it's providing a really fun challenge. Only downside is that I'm spending a lot of time in battle running around looking for food.

Apparently the combat gets more complex and interesting later on.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad I didn't order from Amazon so many people complaining there status went from going to be delivered today to your shipment has been placed today
Yep. Amazon crapped the bed on this one. I ordered as soon as orders went live and my order only shipped last night. And it's shipping from Brisbane via road which is about 9 hours away from me, rather than shipping from Sydney which is 1 hour away from me. And others in Brisbane are having theirs ship from Sydney.

The whole thing has been a massive logistical screw up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah is cheaper but I haven't bought a game cd in 10 or so years so I don't see the need plus digital looks sleeker. I still have my ps4 pro if I need for blu ray but I haven't used blu ray either no Dolby atmos.

The $150 i saved can get 3D headset
Yep. I only got the full version because I have a lot of PS4 games on disc, and I can generally get games cheaper on disc. But I prefer getting digital games and the full version looks like it's pregnant.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Amazon crapped the bed on this one. I ordered as soon as orders went live and my order only shipped last night. And it's shipping from Brisbane via road which is about 9 hours away from me, rather than shipping from Sydney which is 1 hour away from me. And others in Brisbane are having theirs ship from Sydney.

The whole thing has been a massive logistical screw up.
Mine apparently went from Sydney to perth by truck it left Tuesday morning i checked auspost tracking and has been no update since Tuesday morning.

(The update was received and ready for processing @ 10:00am tuesday)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mine apparently went from Sydney to perth by truck it left Tuesday morning i checked auspost tracking and has been no update since Tuesday morning.

(The update was received and ready for processing @ 10:00am tuesday)
At least it's finally on the way. My one shipped from Brisbane and arrived in Sydney. Toll tracking says it'll arrive today. It's now nearly 9:30pm and Toll tracking says it's in Sydney but it'll arrive today. Complete mess.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the plus side, Big W had a discount thing on so I picked up a second PS5 controller for $89

Played around with it a bit to test it out. Still don't like the grip of it. Feels slippery in my hand. It has some grip on the back which is good, but the front of the controller is smooth as a baby's bum. Feels like it'll slip out of my hand.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least it's finally on the way. My one shipped from Brisbane and arrived in Sydney. Toll tracking says it'll arrive today. It's now nearly 9:30pm and Toll tracking says it's in Sydney but it'll arrive today. Complete mess.
Should of gone by plane only takes 6 hrs instead they decide by truck which is 41hrs and that is no sleeping. You pay all this money how many weeks in advance and they cheap out on delivery. Shit should of been in WA before sent via Auspost. BTW (Brisbane to Sydney is a joke)

I can imagine Jeff toovey waiting for his ps5.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Interesting fact of the day...

Slaves didn't build the Pyramids. That's a bit of an old myth. The Pyramids were actually built by contractors. Archaeologists even found stone tablets with contractor deals including the work they need to do and how much they will get paid.

They also found a stone tablet that is a complaint about the quality of the provided stone.

Also, most TVs aren't made by slaves either. They're not slaves at all. The Chinese pay them at least $2 per month.
Fake news bro, everyone knows aliens built the pyramids.

They found earth easily as it was the only flat planet.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the plus side, Big W had a discount thing on so I picked up a second PS5 controller for $89

Played around with it a bit to test it out. Still don't like the grip of it. Feels slippery in my hand. It has some grip on the back which is good, but the front of the controller is smooth as a baby's bum. Feels like it'll slip out of my hand.
I'm hearing problems with both consoles also problems with ps5 controller i better not get dudded.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hearing problems with both consoles also problems with ps5 controller i better not get dudded.
Have seen a couple of dud consoles around. But considering that there's over 14 million out there. That's not a terrible ratio of failed consoles.

Reactions: GDR

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fake news bro, everyone knows aliens built the pyramids.

They found earth easily as it was the only flat planet.
I binge watched 13 seasons of Ancient Aliens on history channel. My favourite line from crazy George is, "throughout history there's sightings of angels. It's a fact that angels don't exist so it much he aliens"

It's the most non-sensical logic I've heard but it made me laugh really hard.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've played the Last of us 2, COD and Astros play room.. the remote was not noticeable on the last of us, it felt better on COD, but it blew my mind when I played Astros playroom.. Astros playroom is a must for anyone that has a ps5..

Now that I know how good the controller is, what concerns me is that game developers wont be bothered programming the game to utilise the controller, especially 3rd party titles... which is a shame because it is as good as the hype said it would be...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So I've played the Last of us 2, COD and Astros play room.. the remote was not noticeable on the last of us, it felt better on COD, but it blew my mind when I played Astros playroom.. Astros playroom is a must for anyone that has a ps5..

Now that I know how good the controller is, what concerns me is that game developers wont be bothered programming the game to utilise the controller, especially 3rd party titles... which is a shame because it is as good as the hype said it would be...
That's my concern too. Developers tend to give up on gimmicks pretty quickly. I think most cross platform developers will scrap it early, but Sony could push it hard on their first party games. Like having the adaptive feedback on the new God of War. Feeling the bones crunch through the controller.

Reactions: GDR

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Series x here. Playing Valhalla can’t see me finishing it just seems the shit over and over so far

Go here raid fight fight find loot leave

Backlog now consists of
Gears 5
Cold War campaign. So Far multiplayer is shit
Control when next gen patch comes through

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Series x here. Playing Valhalla can’t see me finishing it just seems the shit over and over so far

Backlog now consists of
Gears 5
That's one game I won't be buying then. Not sure what games I'm after yet.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparently my ps5 along with others is on a freight train which gets into Perth on Sunday so must of left Sydney on Thursday and was sitting around in storage for a few days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Backlog now consists of
Gears 5
I've been telling you for a long time. COD multiplayer is always shit. If it wasn't for Roosy, no one would play it.

Gears 5 campaign went well. Will probably do it again on the XSX. Control was one of my favourite games.

I'm only a few hours in to AC Valhalla. Liking it so far but I could see it getting repetitive.