Protips Welcome : Back Spasms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
As if I don't have enough to deal with, two days ago my lower back seized up (because apparently reaching for my dog's collar while he's sitting between my legs is too much of an ask these days).

Can't work, drive, walk or even shit without getting grabbing lumbar pains ... doped up on Endone the first day, have done SFA the 2nd day except stay on the couch and whinge.

When I am up and around, I look like an 80yo man with scoliosis.

Have you had back spasms ?
Any tips ?
What worked for you ?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sounds like labour pains but in the back . I had an epidural that sorted it out

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
10 valiums you wont be giving a shit about your back

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New shoes or shoe inserts.

Sounds a little odd but several people I know have had major back problems 'causing spasms and pain like you've mentioned. After narrowing down the issue they often end up going to a podiatrist and get new shoes and/or new shoe inserts. If your feet don't get the right stability then your legs and back over compensate which leads to major problems.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh shaggers back .. gotta love it!

I suffer from lower back pain quite a bit. Due to me having no glute strength, my lower back muscles load up, and you can get quite painful twinges in it (if you do it bad enough it can actually be impossible to move without pain).

1. Lower back stretches can help, so have a look online (there are lots of good ones). Theres one (I forget the name of) where your arms are straight out to side, and you pull knee up and across your body. That normally unlocks my back.
2. Constant heat packs help to loosen things up as well.
3. Muscle soak/hot showers with massage function (if head allows), direct onto area.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahhh shaggers back .. gotta love it!

I suffer from lower back pain quite a bit. Due to me having no glute strength, my lower back muscles load up, and you can get quite painful twinges in it (if you do it bad enough it can actually be impossible to move without pain).

1. Lower back stretches can help, so have a look online (there are lots of good ones). Theres one (I forget the name of) where your arms are straight out to side, and you pull knee up and across your body. That normally unlocks my back.
2. Constant heat packs help to loosen things up as well.
3. Muscle soak/hot showers with massage function (if head allows), direct onto area.
lol Dr I

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a slip disc mate.

Go to a chiro not a physio, youll need to go on a program to realign your spine. If you leave it unattended long enough the pain will subside to the point where youll get back to normality... But you wont be 100%. So by doing that, 'leaving it unattended' the problem is still there and its only a matter of time when it comes back.
So when it does come back it will be much worse than this time round and this cycle will keep happening until you are forced to take the necessay action.

Status
Not open for further replies.