Property Investing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking into investing into a property and I need some advice??

Have you guys (Older kennellers) invested in property and how did you guys go about it?

Which areas are on the verge of a boom? best etc?

Any tips would be great :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I too am interested in this. I am considering property investment but the only thing I know about property is that if you stand up and I steal your seat, it's now my seat.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I too am interested in this. I am considering property investment but the only thing I know about property is that if you stand up and I steal your seat, it's now my seat.
thats why i never leave home tbh, also i need to protect my TV

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give me the money bro, I do legit Lebo money laundering trust me wallah cuz.

Just joking haha, are you wanting to only have the land/property to make money off or want to live in it? There are a few places starting to grow and become nice places to live in like areas of Penrith and Campbelltown but if you want to make some money just buy somewhere students are in mass to rent out lol or do the Lebo thing and get a grannyflat.

On a side note, Merrylands is starting to impress me with all these nice big modern houses popping up everywhere.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have you guys (Older kennellers) invested in property and how did you guys go about it?

Avoid units/strata. Strata is crazy expensive and is borderline useless, especially strata for units. Strata for townhouses isn't too bad as usually the only common area is the driveway.

Units are a pretty poor investment in general, while Sydney rents are generally good, unit rent isn't that great compared to other property. You need to remember that land increased in value while the property itself increases in value very slowly, if anything at times.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

IVE noticed that a lot of people from Sydney are snapping up properties on the central coast (have friends in the realestate game that back this up also ). There is a big demand for rentals up here

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IVE noticed that a lot of people from Sydney are snapping up properties on the central coast (have friends in the realestate game that back this up also ). There is a big demand for rentals up here
My mate is trying to do that at the moment, hope it works out for him haha

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a holiday/rental house in Berkeley Vale. I'm in love with that area, it's so laid back and relaxing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a holiday/rental house in Berkeley Vale. I'm in love with that area, it's so laid back and relaxing.
Mad invite cuz :(

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah where's the man date invite , we can swear at stuff

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Avoid units/strata. Strata is crazy expensive and is borderline useless, especially strata for units. Strata for townhouses isn't too bad as usually the only common area is the driveway.

Units are a pretty poor investment in general, while Sydney rents are generally good, unit rent isn't that great compared to other property. You need to remember that land increased in value while the property itself increases in value very slowly, if anything at times.
Cheers for this :D!! Yea I think I will be buying property/land.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Give me the money bro, I do legit Lebo money laundering trust me wallah cuz.

Just joking haha, are you wanting to only have the land/property to make money off or want to live in it? There are a few places starting to grow and become nice places to live in like areas of Penrith and Campbelltown but if you want to make some money just buy somewhere students are in mass to rent out lol or do the Lebo thing and get a grannyflat.

On a side note, Merrylands is starting to impress me with all these nice big modern houses popping up everywhere.
Yallah lets do this cuzziiiiiii ;) HAHA

Na to rent out / make money off.

Is Parramatta area set for a boom?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i sold my place in November last yr...and still havent found the right house to buy yet...market is crazy atm... although i am buying to live in it...
i am not too sure now is the right time to buy an investment

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yallah lets do this cuzziiiiiii ;) HAHA

Na to rent out / make money off.

Is Parramatta area set for a boom?
I live in Wentworthville but I have no idea about Parramatta, whats good about it is how connected it is to other suburbs and shit but things seem pricey in it. Wenty has become pretty expensive recently, its become a good area with alot more things becoming available and peaceful people (Indians and Sri Lankans) now moving in.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
The illuminati have taken over the market. Don't do it. It's a trap

Status
Not open for further replies.