Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is ….. as with most of these seemingly inclusive and woke things ….. they are actually not inclusive at all. They do not have any room to include and accept the beliefs of the 7 players that are, rightly or wrongly, opposed to wearing the jersey. They are being discriminatory in their attempt to be inclusive.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I see that manly have expanded on the jersey meaning. It supposed to be inclusive, saying league is for everyone. And now some players refuse to wear it.

If they want the jersey to be about "everyone" being included, then that also includes people that are not LBTQI no? Its not an inclusive jersey at all if they want to go down that path. It only includes a group of people.

Nrl already was for everyone. If you like league u would be watching it and attending games whatever your persuasion already. Since when did anyone exclude them? Yeh we dont want trans males playing against females but that's nothing to do with it or the jersey idea.

Who are Manly to announce that a group of ppl were included, when their fan participation was never blocked or excluded to begin with?

Its a very bad idea by Manly and the sad part is now people who disagree with the jersey idea will somehow be labelled phobic of some kind.

If none of the other clubs follow suit now, does that make them all pro exclusion or something? What a fuckup of an idea.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The indigenous jerseys are not about "including" indigenous people in league. They have been included in NRL since it began and have been some of our best players over a long time. Its about country. Its about recognition of the original owners of the land we live in. Im ok with that.

This Manly idea is about including a group of people that was never excluded to begin with, that are owed nothing, as a gimic. Its very poor form. LGBTQI people probably wont that grateful for the gesture, if they think about it. So so lame

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly are divided by the woke radical left wing agendas, we need to conquer them now.

Divide & Conquer

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably just worked out that there’s 5 or 6 thousand homosexual supporters of the club who’d go out and buy the Pride jersey. Cha ching there’s a quick almost $1M in revenue they’ve drummed up

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
ive got no problem with it, honestly people these days just protest to make themselves look good.
Fuk there are plenty of gay poly's in the world, what happens if a family member is gay? you dont disown them, not that any of mine are.
But in saying that, if a child of mine chose that path, you support and love them the same imo. But thats just my take on it.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that that everyone has missed the biggest point around this subject.

How can the Sea Eagles be all about inclusiveness when their name is anything but that.

They are "Manly" & if they're serious about inclusiveness, they'll change their name to something else..... maybe "Humanly" - although that won't include those who identify as animals & aliens I suppose.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe that that everyone has missed the biggest point around this subject.

How can the Sea Eagles be all about inclusiveness when their name is anything but that.

They are "Manly" & if they're serious about inclusiveness, they'll change their name to something else..... maybe "Humanly" - although that won't include those who identify as animals & aliens I suppose.
Gold

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is there any need to promote this issue, especially Manly. Ian Roberts played for them, one of the best players in the game at the time.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All for inclusiveness, love the concept as league is a game for all, just don’t think they way they went about it was right, and now to name and shame players is going to cause more hurt and divide between everyone. Unfortunately we as a country are not there yet, so hopefully having smart discussions bout it can bring the greatest game of all together doesn’t matter who you are and what you want to be. It’s not political it’s people. We are all people. The more we get to our game the better. Manly just handled it wrong, like most things manly do…

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone just has to accept that individuals have different views about certain things in life, it’s just the way it is. You can’t make a devout Muslim wear an alcohol sponsor on their jersey if they don’t want to. You can’t make a devout Christian wear gay pride colors on their jersey if they don’t want to, you can’t make a Jew wear an Islamic symbol on their jersey if they don’t want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.