News Price Cut: Axe Hovers Over Bulldogs Icon

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody glad those voting by laws dont apply to local, state and federal elections lol
Strange comparison Wendy.
For political elections as you know you only have to be 18 and on the electoral roll. It has nothing to do with ‘membership’ to vote there. That said, anyone standing for election faces similar rules - to avoid branch stacking, which of course still happens but less so than it used to.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most clubs have similar rules regardless of sporting or not. It’s too easy to stack elections and for specific interests to get control otherwise so it’s obviously discouraged.
I'm just talking in general not necessarily just around voting. I'd much rather have our system then the Dragons for example.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Requiring an amount of membership time before earning voting rights is quite common, stops (as Dinkum posted) blow ins and branch stacking.

Go Dogs
It doesn't really tho.

All those disgruntled supporters from the turmoil from 3 years ago are possibly sitting there ready to vote in the 2022 election.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hope he goes, like pay he once deserted us so we owe him nothing!
Would you accept an offer to do the same job if the company pays you an extra $120,000 PER YEAR bearing in mind that you have a young family to provide for?

As for Pay, he wanted to stay in the ARL and not join Super League. I can hardly hold that against him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm just talking in general not necessarily just around voting. I'd much rather have our system then the Dragons for example.
What system do the Dragons use Spoon?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There was a target on their backs from Day 1 when they were voted in.

Do you remember all the fukwits spinning stories that the only reason they came on board was to get rid of Dean Pay to put in their son Ben Anderson as head coach?

The only way to eradicate this scum is to appoint a Hitler style leader and wipe the scum out from the club, and from the face of the earth.
Face of the earth is a bit harsh....lol....

But I take your basic point we need someone who will stand up to these rats.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What system do the Dragons use Spoon?
The board pretty much vote for themselves. Their members don't get a say.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The board pretty much vote for themselves. Their members don't get a say.

Thanks mate. Interesting read. Another past high achieving club in the doldrums now and not moving with the times.

I know I've talked to many friends and family who say joining up is not user friendly with firstly finding a member sponsor and the 3 year proviso for voting rights.

If there are 14k-20k supporter members then the conversion rate to 1200 full voting members is relatively unsuccessful so its probably a good idea for the club to find ways of improving this aspect.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he goes, like pay he once deserted us so we owe him nothing!
I hope he goes too. We need better people at higher levels to get a more professional basis.

that said though, he didn’t desert us the way Pay, Dymock, Smith, $BW, Mason or Barba did. He was more akin to Thurston and Asotasi. I have no issues with him leaving at the end of a contract in his twilight years for a better deal.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was never a fan when he returned. I have no time for people who walk back in claiming blue and white when they haven’t been seen since the day they left. Pay did it. Lynne did it. And price did it too.

I would have appreciated if he came back in a development role and worked his way up (like dymock did) I have no time for blood suckers that leech on anymore. Hope the new board and chair and coach and player are here for club success before personal gain.

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is what Rothfield wrote:

Well-placed football club member, Bill Diakos, warned of a potential EGM a month ago when meeting with Dunn and Ballesty over an investigation into the behaviour of Leagues Club chairman, George Coorey.

The football club initiated the investigation and succeeded in pushing for Coorey’s removal as chairman despite being told of a possible EGM if they did by Diakos. The resignations now place Coorey and his backers into a more powerful position.

So he has confirmed the three were targeted because they sought to put in place an independent investigation into claims of disgraceful behaviour! What hope is there is these are the clowns now running the Club? The Football Club directors are all just puppets of Coorey and Diakos and co. And given George Coorey and John Khoury hate each other, how do you reckon that'll go if he becomes Chair?

Looks like yesterday was Chapter 1 of a long book. And Rothfield as always will be trying to write it before it happens because he writes anything Coorey tells him to.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what Rothfield wrote:

Well-placed football club member, Bill Diakos, warned of a potential EGM a month ago when meeting with Dunn and Ballesty over an investigation into the behaviour of Leagues Club chairman, George Coorey.

The football club initiated the investigation and succeeded in pushing for Coorey’s removal as chairman despite being told of a possible EGM if they did by Diakos. The resignations now place Coorey and his backers into a more powerful position.

So he has confirmed the three were targeted because they sought to put in place an independent investigation into claims of disgraceful behaviour! What hope is there is these are the clowns now running the Club? The Football Club directors are all just puppets of Coorey and Diakos and co. And given George Coorey and John Khoury hate each other, how do you reckon that'll go if he becomes Chair?

Looks like yesterday was Chapter 1 of a long book. And Rothfield as always will be trying to write it before it happens because he writes anything Coorey tells him to.
If this stuff ends up being true the club is stuffed.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soon there will be more board members cleaning out their lockers than players.

Ah I smell a fresh start and I can't be happier for Barrett coming in with the club environment reflecting that once new board members have arrived....hold that thought.

Am I overthinking but why am I still concerned about Coorey and his supporters? Will the allegations against him now be dropped or no case to answer to allow him back?

If he is the right man to still be Chair then so be it but I don't want to smell a bad stench around the place if he and his supporters have animosity.

We need to move forward with confidence that the rumblings are over one way or another and get back to talking about the team.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast a while ago and he talked about how he loved the Dogs until Super League. His old man is still a huge fan.
Standing 8 podcast. I remember hearing the same podcast and thinking what a fucking miss for the club.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I always supported Lynn. I think she and the board were slowly getting the club back in the right direction. But just as a new era was about to begin in 2021 a group of power hungry people take the opportunity to pounce and now I feel we are going to slide back into the pile of shit. It all stinks.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Interesting read. Another past high achieving club in the doldrums now and not moving with the times.

I know I've talked to many friends and family who say joining up is not user friendly with firstly finding a member sponsor and the 3 year proviso for voting rights.

If there are 14k-20k supporter members then the conversion rate to 1200 full voting members is relatively unsuccessful so its probably a good idea for the club to find ways of improving this aspect.
I’m in two minds with it because it’s a system that has worked up now but it probably could do with some improvements. I don’t think the 3 year wait can change though you don’t want a flood of members signing up the day before a election.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m in two minds with it because it’s a system that has worked up now but it probably could do with some improvements. I don’t think the 3 year wait can change though you don’t want a flood of members signing up the day before a election.
No you'd have to have some stipulations around that happening somehow.