News Price Cut: Axe Hovers Over Bulldogs Icon

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of these agitators..... all they are doing is causing more problems for the club and making the situation worse. Anderson., Ballesty and Dunn going for no good reason isn't enough for these pricks? They look poised to push a major sponsor we've been looking for all year out the door. Disgraceful behaviour.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That doesn't make a lot of sense. How would "club insiders" know which way ~1000 members would vote?

More likely the recent agitators made it known they would keep up the muck regardless of what happens unless they stepped down.
Exactly. You can tell by her parting comments that Lynne loves the club. I'm sure she cares a lot more than the Machiavellian scum who orchestrated the coup.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly. You can tell by her parting comments that Lynne loves the club. I'm sure she cares a lot more than the Machiavellian scum who orchestrated the coup.
There was a target on their backs from Day 1 when they were voted in.

Do you remember all the fukwits spinning stories that the only reason they came on board was to get rid of Dean Pay to put in their son Ben Anderson as head coach?

The only way to eradicate this scum is to appoint a Hitler style leader and wipe the scum out from the club, and from the face of the earth.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast a while ago and he talked about how he loved the Dogs until Super League. His old man is still a huge fan.
But he couldn't be appointed anyway, even if he wanted to, bc of the 3 year membership vote rule?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he couldn't be appointed anyway, even if he wanted to, bc of the 3 year membership vote rule?
Now how does this work?

what if he served his 3 years in the 90’s and was amember but then disappeared for 20 odd years and comes back ?

would he have to wait 3 years again?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now how does this work?

what if he served his 3 years in the 90’s and was amember but then disappeared for 20 odd years and comes back ?

I'm pretty sure if you don't renew your membership every year you have to wait the 3 years to be a voting member if you sign up again.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s all guessing at the end of the day in saying that it’s strange they stood down without a fight.
Exactly, it is all just guessing this side of evidence backed testimony. Don't you just love the article's "it is clear". Honestly these journos say anything they like...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If true I already like their way of thinking, very sensible decision.
Hopefully they can find some that football club members.

It will be a huge missed opportunity if the new members are former players and quite frankly could put the clubs future in jeopardy. They cannot afford to mess these appointments up because the margin for error is so small now.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully they can find some that football club members.

It will be a huge missed opportunity if the new members are former players and quite frankly could put the clubs future in jeopardy. They cannot afford to mess these appointments up because the margin for error is so small now.
With any luck the agitators really are pawns, and there is someone behind all this with some decent clout, smarts, and connections. Even then its a bit of a dangerous game, those who live by the sword...

Again, pure speculation.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Now how does this work?

Not necessarily. I know of previously non-financial members (ie: lapsed) who’ve become full voting members again simply by paying the membership fee for the lapsed years.

It may depend on the length of time in between however, and any person this applies to would have to speak to the club to resolve.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you don't renew your membership every year you have to wait the 3 years to be a voting member if you sign up again.
Does any other sporting club have this requirement?

It may explain why ex players seem to be our go to plan. May have been ok in days gone by but 2020 we need heavy corporate hitters.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It may explain why ex players seem to be our go to plan. May have been ok in days gone by but 2020 we need heavy corporate hitters.
I think sporting clubs are a law into themselves with these type of things and they all have their own set of ancient bylaws.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With any luck the agitators really are pawns, and there is someone behind all this with some decent clout, smarts, and connections. Even then its a bit of a dangerous game, those who live by the sword...

Again, pure speculation.
Lets hope it brings an improvement in the quality of board members and this upheaval ushers in the best for the club as Lynne has suggested.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Requiring an amount of membership time before earning voting rights is quite common, stops (as Dinkum posted) blow ins and branch stacking.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think sporting clubs are a law into themselves with these type of things and they all have their own set of ancient bylaws.
Bloody glad those voting by laws dont apply to local, state and federal elections lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Most clubs have similar rules regardless of sporting or not. It’s too easy to stack elections and for specific interests to get control otherwise so it’s obviously discouraged.