News Pressure mounting on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from familiar source

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Written by Dane Eldridge

The spotlight has intensified on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo in recent weeks - and there’s a big reason why he should consider himself far from safe.

COMMENT
The Canterbury Bulldogs defence has sunk so low it makes the Dean Pay era look like multi-factor authentication.
And with a terrifying fixture looming against a full-strength Penrith on Sunday afternoon, pleas for “a couple of years” grace are looking like they’ll barely cover the legal proceedings.

Canterbury’s slump has poured immense pressure on Cameron Ciraldo, the rookie coach who arrived with plenty of promise only to find himself issuing weekly apologies for floggings and Tevita Pangai Jr.

The spotlight has gradually intensified in recent months to a crescendo after the catastrophic 66-0 defeat to Newcastle, a result which compelled club supremo Phil Gould to beg patience for the coach, which referred to the actual coach, not himself.

But while it’s one thing for Gould to convince fans and media to extend Ciraldo’s honeymoon, will it be enough to convince the two men who matter most?

That’s Gould himself, and his alter-ego with the bloodlust for feuds and payouts.

Gould’s bombshell news that the Dogs recovery is “years away” sent shockwaves through everyone except Canterbury fans, a hardy bunch who’ve conditioned themselves with controlled crying and an unironic yearning for Josh Jackson.

To the untrained eye, his grave declaration appeared like he was furiously waving the pirates away from Ciraldo with a flame torch but to the rest of us, we knew what lay beneath.

Based on the general manager’s history of public backings, pirates are the last thing Ciraldo should be worried about, because there’s one adjacent to him across the hall.

That’s because whether via vendettas or peculiarities, Gould has fired coaches for much less than a few missed tackles.

He terminated Anthony Griffin from the top four, punted Ivan Cleary for looking “tired”, then assured Trent Barrett he would be at the Bulldogs “long after I’m gone” before frogmarching him in the same breath.

You could even argue he’s already engraving Ciraldo’s tombstone.

When Gould admitted he urged the coach to arrive in 2024 instead of 2023, some interpreted this as benevolent dictatorship or another one of his “I told you so” hindsight jobs.

But in actual fact, he was just fantasising about sacking him this year.

Yep, whether he’s the Archbishop of Canterbury after a win or a distant media figure after a loss, Gould can make things go away whatever persona he adopts.

If there’s a coach in rugby league who’s worked alongside Gould, he’s toe-tagged it on the telly and stuffed the corpse’s pockets with a lump sum.

In fact, there’s only one person he hasn’t sacked and that’s himself - purely because he’s too slippery to nail.

They say there’s no more elusive target in rugby league than Gould. There’s a reason he’s so slim, and that’s because he never eats his own words.

Take for example his well-ventilated plan to restore Canterbury.

Gould has trumpeted his intentions to heal the Dogs by developing local juniors, which he then sought to achieve by luring half of Penrith’s premiership side.

He then begged for three more years when this failed to bear fruit, by which time all will probably be playing elsewhere while still on the Dogs payroll, much like his famous ‘pathways’ that often lead to the Gold Coast.

If Ciraldo continues to oversee a Bulldogs side with the creamy middle of a dashboard Caramello Koala, he could be the latest piece of debris in Gould’s crowded wake.

It could also result in a salient lesson for rival clubs: hyped assistant coaches from Penrith may only be effective in Origin or New Zealand.
TL;DR version...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have a look at the beta cuck, she is the M2F tranny on the left, with her sweaty pits and all...

You can tell she has never touched a ball in her life.....well except her husbands.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have all these idiots made their avatars the same clown? I must have missed the memo.
It’s the Clown cult, pretty sure they’re all about hating on Gould, Ciraldo, Directors, Club, players the weather and the rising cost of eggs …

You haven’t missed anything, pretty sure your not in that category mate …

ifdogsrunfree

Waterboy
Reaction score
His articles are pisstakes. He finishes his stories with the disclaimer below:

Dane Eldridge is a warped cynic yearning for the glory days of rugby league, a time when the sponges were magic and the Mondays were mad.

He’s never strapped on a boot in his life, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone but okunbor, perham, Mariner, topine and Reynolds
i agree those players are not up to first grade bro - i think replacing them with better options from cup is not that easy. I dont think that there is a cup player who deserves a shot at first grade, who hasnt had an opportunity. Skelton was the one who took some time to get his chance.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck that is the biggest pile of shit I have ever read. This could have been written by one of the clown cult. Agenda driven and poorly written
Can I have those 3mins back? Wtf was that shit. That was more biased than the Warriors commentators from back in the day on fox sports 2

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This article has had all "points" plucked from the kennel, and than this jibberish dished out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His articles are pisstakes. He finishes his stories with the disclaimer below:

Dane Eldridge is a warped cynic yearning for the glory days of rugby league, a time when the sponges were magic and the Mondays were mad.

He’s never strapped on a boot in his life, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.
The problem is none of the jokes landed and the article was all over the place and poorly written like most of those Roar articles.

ifdogsrunfree

Waterboy
Reaction score
The problem is none of the jokes landed and the article was all over the place and poorly written like most of those Roar articles.
Don't know about the Roar.
I found it here

I do agree about the writing style.
Once I started reading an article about how Queensland was becoming like NSW and I was spewing. Then I realised who wrote it

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears like the article was typed up using one hand! - I hope the writer had the happy ending they were looking for!

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears like the article was typed up using one hand! - I hope the writer had the happy ending they were looking for!
So your saying it was really written by Flanagun …

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know why people post this garbage. I actually thought someone was taking the piss like the Betoota.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s the Clown cult, pretty sure they’re all about hating on Gould, Ciraldo, Directors, Club, players the weather and the rising cost of eggs …

You haven’t missed anything, pretty sure your not in that category mate …
I figured as much. Havnt been on here much these past few weeks. I've always been an advocate for supporting the club, regardless of wins and losses.
This year has been massively challenging, especially after so much promise. Losing Kiks so soon was a massive blow!! If we were any chance of having a decent year, we needed to get through the season relatively injury free. Unfortunately it was exactly the opposite, and it was probably the worst injury crisis I have seen.
Im sure we will make some good purchases for next year and improve massively.
Fuck the clowns!!

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Written by Dane Eldridge

The spotlight has intensified on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo in recent weeks - and there’s a big reason why he should consider himself far from safe.

COMMENT
The Canterbury Bulldogs defence has sunk so low it makes the Dean Pay era look like multi-factor authentication.
And with a terrifying fixture looming against a full-strength Penrith on Sunday afternoon, pleas for “a couple of years” grace are looking like they’ll barely cover the legal proceedings.

Canterbury’s slump has poured immense pressure on Cameron Ciraldo, the rookie coach who arrived with plenty of promise only to find himself issuing weekly apologies for floggings and Tevita Pangai Jr.

The spotlight has gradually intensified in recent months to a crescendo after the catastrophic 66-0 defeat to Newcastle, a result which compelled club supremo Phil Gould to beg patience for the coach, which referred to the actual coach, not himself.

But while it’s one thing for Gould to convince fans and media to extend Ciraldo’s honeymoon, will it be enough to convince the two men who matter most?

That’s Gould himself, and his alter-ego with the bloodlust for feuds and payouts.

Gould’s bombshell news that the Dogs recovery is “years away” sent shockwaves through everyone except Canterbury fans, a hardy bunch who’ve conditioned themselves with controlled crying and an unironic yearning for Josh Jackson.

To the untrained eye, his grave declaration appeared like he was furiously waving the pirates away from Ciraldo with a flame torch but to the rest of us, we knew what lay beneath.

Based on the general manager’s history of public backings, pirates are the last thing Ciraldo should be worried about, because there’s one adjacent to him across the hall.

That’s because whether via vendettas or peculiarities, Gould has fired coaches for much less than a few missed tackles.

He terminated Anthony Griffin from the top four, punted Ivan Cleary for looking “tired”, then assured Trent Barrett he would be at the Bulldogs “long after I’m gone” before frogmarching him in the same breath.

You could even argue he’s already engraving Ciraldo’s tombstone.

When Gould admitted he urged the coach to arrive in 2024 instead of 2023, some interpreted this as benevolent dictatorship or another one of his “I told you so” hindsight jobs.

But in actual fact, he was just fantasising about sacking him this year.

Yep, whether he’s the Archbishop of Canterbury after a win or a distant media figure after a loss, Gould can make things go away whatever persona he adopts.

If there’s a coach in rugby league who’s worked alongside Gould, he’s toe-tagged it on the telly and stuffed the corpse’s pockets with a lump sum.

In fact, there’s only one person he hasn’t sacked and that’s himself - purely because he’s too slippery to nail.

They say there’s no more elusive target in rugby league than Gould. There’s a reason he’s so slim, and that’s because he never eats his own words.

Take for example his well-ventilated plan to restore Canterbury.

Gould has trumpeted his intentions to heal the Dogs by developing local juniors, which he then sought to achieve by luring half of Penrith’s premiership side.

He then begged for three more years when this failed to bear fruit, by which time all will probably be playing elsewhere while still on the Dogs payroll, much like his famous ‘pathways’ that often lead to the Gold Coast.

If Ciraldo continues to oversee a Bulldogs side with the creamy middle of a dashboard Caramello Koala, he could be the latest piece of debris in Gould’s crowded wake.

It could also result in a salient lesson for rival clubs: hyped assistant coaches from Penrith may only be effective in Origin or New Zealand.
This article is not new news he is a bit late in a nut shell inexperienced coach leading inexperienced team we would have better with Flanagan but Gus won't hire some one who pushes back and Flan would have.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have all these idiots made their avatars the same clown? I must have missed the memo.
It was a thread last week where CC was the clown someone on here asking to change the avatar until the fun police shut it down I think