Presser vs Manly...

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he finally admitted that the players didn't put in and that Jersey Flegg players might get a run? Wow. Going to be a BIG off-season. Doubt anyone will be safe.
For the love of god….Keep CC the f’uck away from the Flegg players!

Has he not caused enough damage turning f’ucking premiership winners & internationals into pub players?

All year he promised to make changes.. yet selected the same flops that made the continual momentum killing mistakes until it was all too late… Round 1 should have been cause for concern (1st game of the f’ucking new season) and we looked tired, out of shape, clueless in attack & defensively f’ucked and it pretty much summed up our entire season!

Don’t get me started regarding his bench options and rotations either…. Absolutely f’ucked!

Burton… Kikau… Thompson… JAC… all big game internationals & all played f’ucked bar one or two games which isn’t acceptable!

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 should have been cause for concern (1st game of the f’ucking new season) and we looked tired, out of shape, clueless in attack & defensively f’ucked and it pretty much summed up our entire season!
So True. The team was so underdone at Rd 1 which is not acceptable. Then the training injuries started to happen.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm fucking over Burton's run of the mill cliche comments. Does he ever have anything real and original to say? Dumb fuck doesn't even realise the coach beside him is grilling him.

I feel like you can’t say addo carr doesn’t give a crap. He had no missed tackles.
JAC literally was to blame for Manly's first try. He's so shit defensively that he doesn't even make contact to constitute a missed tackle!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He has a point on the many play 1 implosion and end of set dead ends. What a team, to just destroy their momentum so consistently!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm fucking over Burton's run of the mill cliche comments. Does he ever have anything real and original to say? Dumb fuck doesn't even realise the coach beside him is grilling him.

JAC literally was to blame for Manly's first try. He's so shit defensively that he doesn't even make contact to constitute a missed tackle!
He is low IQ and the challenge today summed it up. Not a captain's arsehole.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton's intellect is not there - he is not strategic - he is a pure instinct player. And the moment we remove all game management decision making from him, we will be better off and so will his game.
100 percent agree, he strikes me as similar to Jack Wighton. Don't lump him with any of the management stuff it will hamper his game and he will not enjoy his footy. He is all instinct, I don't think we see anything close to Burton's best unless we can get some chaos around the ruck, quick ruck speed to open up his running game more.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
100 percent agree, he strikes me as similar to Jack Wighton. Don't lump him with any of the management stuff it will hamper his game and he will not enjoy his footy. He is all instinct, I don't think we see anything close to Burton's best unless we can get some chaos around the ruck, quick ruck speed to open up his running game more.
you don't build a side around Burton at all - you throw Burton into the structure to do what he feels in the spur of the moment. But not sure the coaching will acknowledge and pivot into this strategy for next year. If they keep assuming the team is built around Burton for 2024 - we are fucked.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is so far down in confidence, enthusiasm and effort it is alarming as our playmaker. That challenge was another example of a silly thought out play and poor execution and another stuff up where things aren't falling in place for him.

Attention to detail and footy nous just aren't there at present.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He is so far down in confidence, enthusiasm and effort it is alarming as our playmaker. That challenge was another example of a silly thought out play and poor execution and another stuff up where things aren't falling in place for him.

Attention to detail and footy nous just aren't there at present.
Burton has been consistent with unforced errors - kicking dead, missing the touchline, not kicking ten on a drop goal, dropping the ball on tackle 1 - these are all shockers for any team to put up with. He is drained and has been thrown off his game this season. Bringing that back in the offseason is great - but it will be lost in the first few rounds if he is a half.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton has been consistent with unforced errors - kicking dead, missing the touchline, not kicking ten on a drop goal, dropping the ball on tackle 1 - these are all shockers for anytime to put up with. He is drained and has been thrown off his game this season. Bringing that back in the offseason is great - but it will be lost in the first few rounds if he is a half.
Agree. Isn't performing to team requirement as 5/8 and doesn't have the skillset.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Agree. Isn't performing to team requirement as 5/8 and doesn't have the skillset.
his curse has been he is so talented with great skills to pull of clutch plays, that we slotted him into the responsibility to deliver that often - and he hit the wall instead of rising to that occasion. It's a shame he could not deliver, but our problem is we are too attached to him working out and not reading the writing on the wall - he may come good, but let him grow for 2 - 3 more years in centre position and then his intellect may mature too.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it just me or has he gone rapidly grey since taking on this job?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Journos are weak *****. They NEVER ask the coaches themselves about issues and wait till they go on some shitty show to take the piss out of them.

Or it's probably not PC and offensive to ask hard questions....
They are weak gutted dogs, they go in there to bait coaches after shit refereeing decisions. They cannot form the opinion that the refs were shit themselves so they deliberately bait coaches.

Then all they do is ask generic questions and avoid any hard or meaningful questions.

I love it when coaches like Ricky call them out on their bs, Eddie Jones last week was great as well ripping the journos

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Here’s a revolutionary thought - if the whole team isn’t putting in, maybe it’s because morale is at an all time low and the coach is the biggest problem. Geez, it’s not rocket science.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more