Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It doesnt matter what they say at press conferences.. most of the time what Des says in public is different from what he says behind closed doors
It doesn't matter what gets said behind closed doors, because it's the same old crap they dish out.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des is so hard to listen to. There's no flow in his speech , he mumbles and the deviated septum needs surgery. How he can coach ,is beyond me.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When perret dropped that ball, it reminded me of Martin Bella in that Grand final dropping it off the kick off
Didn't he also play the ball backwards?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a bad night no doubt, however (looking for any small positives, and there where not many in that game), if we had lost by 1, the end result is the same, hopefully at least taking that beating can put some pressure to fire up for the next few weeks.

It was the strongest squad the Cowboys have had in quite a while, so no shame in loosing... loosing so 1 sided however? I have no doubt Des felt like he'd spent the game in a ditch too.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
like 80mins of my life wasted wasn't enough, I was stupid enough to waste another 4+mins watching Des and James dribble on about not having a clue about anything.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
like 80mins of my life wasted wasn't enough, I was stupid enough to waste another 4+mins watching Des and James dribble on about not having a clue about anything.
At least he admitted we were dreadful and our unforced errors were the major issue

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a bad night no doubt, however (looking for any small positives, and there where not many in that game), if we had lost by 1, the end result is the same, hopefully at least taking that beating can put some pressure to fire up for the next few weeks.

It was the strongest squad the Cowboys have had in quite a while, so no shame in loosing... loosing so 1 sided however? I have no doubt Des felt like he'd spent the game in a ditch too.
I am so glad, you find positives in that game

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like the gaffa says you know. lol
Would be funny to see James stand up, put his hands behind his back and say "well basically the Gaffer is a 'fooken coont' who doesn't understand the 'intricate details' of the game and that is why we lost"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When perret dropped that ball, it reminded me of Martin Bella in that Grand final dropping it off the kick off
That was one really deflating thing to see that. Knew that it was going to be a hard day in the office when that happened,lol.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would be funny to see James stand up, put his hands behind his back and say "well basically the Gaffer is a 'fooken coont' who doesn't understand the 'intricate details' of the game and that is why we lost"
At least he is still showing respect with his hands placed behind his back, no finger pointing there. Probably could not really understand what he said anyway, lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was one really deflating thing to see that. Knew that it was going to be a hard day in the office when that happened,lol.
If that was any other coach, perret would have been dropped after the game on Thursday.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

HAHAHA made my day imagine that

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he admitted we were dreadful and our unforced errors were the major issue
That's the thing, they were just stating the obvious.
No one needs them to come out and say "we made a lot of mistakes, we were shit", that was plain to see for 80mins.
Des needs to come out and tell us what we don't know, like why players don't show up half the time, why there's such a shitty attitude within the club and playing roster, who's game plan they're using that is so shit.. so on and so forth.

If anything, the players should be forced to have a meet and greet with fans the following day and apologize to each fan and member for wasting their time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's the thing, they were just stating the obvious.
No one needs them to come out and say "we made a lot of mistakes, we were shit", that was plain to see for 80mins.
Des needs to come out and tell us what we don't know, like why players don't show up half the time, why there's such a shitty attitude within the club and playing roster, who's game plan they're using that is so shit.. so on and so forth.

If anything, the players should be forced to have a meet and greet with fans the following day and apologize to each fan and member for wasting their time.
Funny thing is 2009 a group of us went back to the club to an after match meet and greet. We had just been beaten by Parramatta, a game we should have won ( lost it by around 20 points) and a lot of us fans were, shall we say, slightly miffed at the performance. Luke Burt killed us and our so called forward pack.........We just missed the minor premiership that year ( had two points stripped for an extra player on the field and cheated by the milkman at Kogarah), won five more games than the Eels and had a much better for and against.

Well the players walked through the door and just stood at the front of the room. Not one to stand on ceremony I pipes up " C'mon fellas, come and sit with your fans and tell us about today's game." Well, talk about an uncomfortable silence, but they did actually come and sit at the tables and mingle with us. They were very sheepish and realised I think, that we as fans were not impressed with the day's proceedings. At least though a few of them actually admitted that they were shite that day. Whatever went down they did go out and win the next five or so games against some good opposition but once again lost to the Eels in the preliminary final. That was the day that the General got smashed early in the game and had to leave the field and Hayne threw knees into Bryson Goodwin as he was scoring a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.