bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With RFM staying:

bulldog 2024.png

I think Ciradlo will go with that (safe, more "experienced"). I'd personally have Hutchison over Sexton, Hughes over Knight, Turpin instead of Mann (Mahoney struggles to play 80 most weeks), and Morrin and Patolo over Sutton and RFM because at least they have some potential.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’d agree & just settle for what Gus mentioned in the Bloke in a Bar. Just to be happy with incremental improvement each year. Well we have turned over our roster around 3-4x in the last 3-4 years, & that incremental improvement has really yet to happen. I’m hopeful for 2024 (as you said), we now have much higher % of 1st graders in our ranks, than at any time, over the last 5-7 years. C’mon Dogs, let’s make ‘24 a good’un
Ah yes let’s just settle with dogshit. This is the Bulldogs. This is not us. This has never been our way.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sutton shouldn’t touch firsts after what he dished up this year but he might be doing well this pre season so who knows. I’ve seen enough from Burton as a 6 and it’s been evident for awhile he just never truly ever had the skill set to become an elite five-eight with the amount of noticeable flaws so run with that halves pairing. Tracey FB, Curran lock with Preston and Kiks second row. King and Knight starting :sob:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hutchinson has played more than enough in the halves in both the NRL & NSW Cup to know what he is.
I don’t think so.
most consider him utility anf not the best player.
if he has something to offer, most of us haven’t seen I’d like to see him
Show us in reserve grade first.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think so.
most consider him utility anf not the best player.
if he has something to offer, most of us haven’t seen I’d like to see him
Show us in reserve grade first.
You clearly haven't been paying attention to him over his career. He's nearly 29 years old. He's started over 80 games in the halves in either NSW Cup or the NRL. He ain't going to improve from the level that he already is.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton will not be moved to centre because if they do, they will concede that he failed and will look like a black eye on the coaching staff as they couldn't manufacture him in a half... It's the perham at fullback saga all over again
Perham will not be fullback! Chrighton will
Get first shot.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You clearly haven't been paying attention to him over his career. He's nearly 29 years old. He's started over 80 games in the halves in either NSW Cup or the NRL. He ain't going to improve from the level that he already is.
well I certainly don’t think he has shown enough to start in the halves for us.As much as I never really rated sexton, I think the position is his to lose.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
well I certainly don’t think he has shown enough to start in the halves for us.As much as I never really rated sexton, I think the position is his to lose.
I never said that Hutchinson should start. I just said that we already know his level. I agree with you & Sexton should be our 7.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to pick a team with experience. Parra flogged us twice last season and the team had too many reserve grade standard players or inexperienced players:

Rd 7 vs Parra. Lost 30- 4

Reserve grade players in the team: Perham, Alamoti, Okunbor, Flanagan, Waddell, Topine, Davey.

Rd 15 vs Parra. Lost 34 - 12

Reserve grade players in the team that lost: Perham, Alamoti, Oloapu, Patolo, Edwards, Rajab, Morrin, Waddell. Just about half of the line up is reserve grade or inexperience.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think critta will be in the centers with xerri and Tracey at fullback. can't see burton being in the centers early on in the season
I think a lot of these positional decisions will be based on Xerri and how he is looking coming into the season. If he is looking like taking a centre spot. I think CC will stick with the plan of Crichton at fullback. If Xerri is deemed to behind schedule. I think Crichton will play centre and either Tracey or Taaffe to fullback.

As much as people say how many centres we have. If Burton stays at 6 & Xerri doesn’t come up. Crichton is out only NRL level centre left in the club.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we had 1 top 7-10 prop it would change our team completely.
King will wound up overrun by mid season if he sustains an injury we don’t have a viable prop option. A marquee prop would’ve done absolute wonders really hoping Hughes or one of the younger middles make a statement this year if not we’re going to struggle.