Pre-season Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's got to be abbey 100% or an emergency signing outside back needs to be found before round 1
anyone got any suggestions ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not too worried about kas. That guy always has something wrapped in ice.
If Hoppa's gone long term, well....all you can do is laugh.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suprised this place isn't in meltdown with the sack des threads.

How did we look?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got to be abbey 100% or an emergency signing outside back needs to be found before round 1
anyone got any suggestions ?
Phillips, Holland or Perrett are other options to play fullback. Signing an emergency back is a ridiculous idea. If we haven't signed a rockstar fullback since Barba left we won't find anyone decent 3 weeks before the start of the season.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa was doing well until he went down in my opinion.

I think we can cover wing and center spots with our depth if bmoz and hoppa are out really.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What did Moses do? The twitter feed said he done some magic for one of the trys but hardly went into detail.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What did Moses do? The twitter feed said he done some magic for one of the trys but hardly went into detail.
He was running and passing well, kicks weren't too bad plus he has added distance on them especially with penalties but it was only a trial so hard to know what other kicks he can do.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Just watched the post match vid/interview with mbye and Hoppa was standing on a table, lifting his shirt to put Mbye off. I think he is ok. Doubt he would be doing that if he had a major injury. Probably is just a bump/cork/strain or something like that.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Mbye looked at ease in his debut match as the first-choice No.7, touching the ball three times in the lead-up to the Dogs' second try, while Lichaa showed some new power from dummy half for their third."

Some good signs from our spine

"
In his first appearance in Bulldogs colours, Hopoate fell awkwardly in a tackle in the 36th minute and tried to play on, but with first-choice No.1 Brett Morris in doubt for round one, came from the field "

Seems like it wasn't serious and was a precaution.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/2/will-hopoate-limps-off-in-bulldogs-nrl-trial-loss/

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the Herald & Hasler summing up of Hoppa's knee injury:

The former Parramatta back, who scored the opening try of the match, was bent back awkwardly in a tackle against the Penrith Panthers at Pepper Stadium, limping from the field in obvious discomfort in the Bulldogs' 24-20 loss.
Hopoate was expected to start the season in the No.1 jersey if Morris fails to recover from off-season knee surgery in time for the opening match of the NRL season against Manly on March 4.

However, the NSW centre appears to be in some doubt himself after exiting the field in the 39th minute, leaving coach Des Hasler with veteran Sam Perrett, rookie recruit Brad Abbey or Tyrone Phillips as likely options for the fullback jumper if the pair is unavailable.

However Hasler remains optimistic both Morris and Hopoate will be available, despite the latter leaving Pepper Stadium with an obvious limp and his left knee heavily strapped.
"He'll be okay, he just jarred it," Hasler said about Hopoate.
"So we just took him off for precautionary. We're pretty sure [Morris] will start [the season]. It's just maintenance."

So... I guess its a matter of wait and see. Wait and see if Hasler is being honest re the injuries or he is just talking shit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My concern is the 1st half team with dessie starting with his 2 favourites shewrex and perret ,lane should be starting and phillips should have perrets spot itll ****ing kill me if its the same old crap as last year

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about that try we scored when the backline were all running with speed and purpose! Unheard of in the last few years!
On line defence looked horrific from both sides.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy with the performance. We took it easy and just shook the cobwebs out. That 2nd try was great to watch. The defence in trials is always less intense than in competition games.

Bring on the ****in Sea pigeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.