Pre-season Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't been able to find anything about the trials other than the fact it's the Panthers on the 13th and the Storm on the 20th.

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the trials online? I know other League trials and the Union ones have all been streamed as of late. Starting to get impatient and want to see some Doggies action as soon as possible.

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
Haven't been able to find anything about the trials other than the fact it's the Panthers on the 13th and the Storm on the 20th.

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the trials online? I know other League trials and the Union ones have all been streamed as of late. Starting to get impatient and want to see some Doggies action as soon as possible.
I'm sure everyone on this forum has been keeping an eye on it but it appears no streaming of the game will occur.
From what I understand it was agreed that trials could be streamed by clubs but only through the Telstra website as they have digital rights. I think it might be a case of just being too hard to organise at short notice so maybe next year.... A real shame I'm sure there would be plenty of punters out there that would watch.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are on the Verge of announcing streaming details

Don't worry mate the season proper will be here soon enough & I'm sure there'll be at least another 2 or 3 articles on Raelene in that time (don't expect any actual bulldogs talk or info though) we have hired a new Media man though.....you can see his first presser below

[video=youtube;UmzsWxPLIOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo[/video]

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
No streaming means more people at the game.
Yeah well I think there is money to be made by televising pre-season but it would need to be done properly and marketed the right way. I also think every NSW Cup game should be televised through the year as it would probably out rate the likes of super rugby and a-league but that's another story. It would certainly encourage me to subscribe to Foxtel....

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are on the Verge of announcing streaming details

Don't worry mate the season proper will be here soon enough & I'm sure there'll be at least another 2 or 3 articles on Raelene in that time (don't expect any actual bulldogs talk or info though) we have hired a new Media man though.....you can see his first presser below

[video=youtube;UmzsWxPLIOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo[/video]
Gold....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My mates in playing in those 2 games, would be nice if I could watch them online if I can't make it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We dont usually go that well in trials, they are just a glamorised training run. Main thing Des will be hoping for is no injuries, and maybe a little match fitness for some players.

Please ppl dont rage on for weeks if we lose trials, they mean nothing. Getting in early lol, after seeing people starting to rage after we lost the first 9s match (they quietened down some when we won the next 2). And 9s is even more meaningless than trials, it isnt even the same game as the main season. I believe the 2 years we made the GF recently, we lost both trials one of the years, and 1/2 the other. So yeh.

Also curious. Maybe its just me but i though we always play Canberra in our trials, but not this year? Or is it just co-incidence we played them a lot in previous pre seasons?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah well I think there is money to be made by televising pre-season but it would need to be done properly and marketed the right way. I also think every NSW Cup game should be televised through the year as it would probably out rate the likes of super rugby and a-league but that's another story. It would certainly encourage me to subscribe to Foxtel....
There's apparently a Foxtel Rugby League dedicated channel coming as part of the TV Channel deal.. not sure what year though.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough but why have games on Monday and Thursday nights, that is certainly not very conducive to bums on seats at grounds.
Is that when they are? Ugh dunno if I cbf'd

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough but why have games on Monday and Thursday nights, that is certainly not very conducive to bums on seats at grounds.
Our trials aren't on weekdays. Saturdays 13th v Penrith away & 20th home against Storm

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that when they are? Ugh dunno if I cbf'd
No not what I meant. It was in relation to the comment by Mr I quote: No streaming means more people at the game: unquote .

The games I was referring to were premiership games on nights that people find hard to attend ( Monday and Thursday) but there is TV coverage; therefore they don't care about bums on seats.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We dont usually go that well in trials, they are just a glamorised training run. Main thing Des will be hoping for is no injuries, and maybe a little match fitness for some players.

Please ppl dont rage on for weeks if we lose trials, they mean nothing. Getting in early lol, after seeing people starting to rage after we lost the first 9s match (they quietened down some when we won the next 2). And 9s is even more meaningless than trials, it isnt even the same game as the main season. I believe the 2 years we made the GF recently, we lost both trials one of the years, and 1/2 the other. So yeh.

Also curious. Maybe its just me but i though we always play Canberra in our trials, but not this year? Or is it just co-incidence we played them a lot in previous pre seasons?
I think this years trials mean something as there are a few boys trialing for contracts with our team (NSW cup and NYC)

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has the squad been named for this weekends trial? other teams have. or is Des playing mind games

Status
Not open for further replies.