Opinion Pre Season Training

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seen a lot of photos of BBO this preseason, how does everyone think he will go? The few games of NRL he played he really was a jack in the box and made things happen. But I am not sure if he is the organising type of half or a more running half?

We have been discussing Sexton and Hutchison and sure for experience in the halves they should be ahead. But I will not write off BBO. If he is given the opportunity, he could just fire.
Hopefully see abit of his potential in the all stars game

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seen a lot of photos of BBO this preseason, how does everyone think he will go? The few games of NRL he played he really was a jack in the box and made things happen. But I am not sure if he is the organising type of half or a more running half?

We have been discussing Sexton and Hutchison and sure for experience in the halves they should be ahead. But I will not write off BBO. If he is given the opportunity, he could just fire.
Like most halves BBO needs time to develop his playing and organising, learn what works for him. Experience in the All Star Game won’t hurt.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He has some really flashy plays in him, chips and chases also has a good dummy. The sort of plays that worked in junior footy but looked bad when they didn't come off in higher grades. In cup for us in 22 before getting injured he was getting the right balance, but was very average on return from his acl. I see him more as an Ezra Mann style 5/8, excited to see how he goes.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still think he has something to offer, but I’m not sure where he fits. He can only play 6 or 9 imo so he’s unlikely to get a start in either position. He could be a good bench utility, but it seems Mann probably takes that spot.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man from those photos Samrani has gotten massive! Would be 6ft 2 or 3 and over 100kgs going by those photos. Wonder if they are thinking of turning him into a back rower? Hope he still has his pace! Could be a weapon hopefully he gets a run in the trials.
He looks good.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still think he has something to offer, but I’m not sure where he fits. He can only play 6 or 9 imo so he’s unlikely to get a start in either position. He could be a good bench utility, but it seems Mann probably takes that spot.
As others have written he was poor in the halves last year after returning from an ACL injury. He might be a decent utility, though mainly to play at dummy halve in short stints, but your right, Mann would be well ahead at this stage. I also suspect they will play Rajab at 5/8 in NSW Cup to start the year, with Turpin at dummy halve.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rated BBO highly before the injury.
I watched a bit of him in cup when he came back, but he looked well off the pace.

Hopefully that was just getting the rust out and he can realise his potential this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I rated BBO highly before the injury.
I watched a bit of him in cup when he came back, but he looked well off the pace.

Hopefully that was just getting the rust out and he can realise his potential this year.
He isn't it in the halves, way too erratic there. Even before his injury Wakeham was doing the bulk of the work in NSW cup. I like him out of DH though.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
BBO has been training in the halves. I believe they are really trying to mould him into an organising 7. In a few opposed sessions he was doing almost all the general play kicking for the reserves team.
Good back up, has always had plenty of potential

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO has been training in the halves. I believe they are really trying to mould him into an organising 7. In a few opposed sessions he was doing almost all the general play kicking for the reserves team.
Dont mind that hes got a cannon right foot for a little fella

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has the potential, just needs to knuckle down, train hard and keep learning. He has a lot of raw talent, footwork, silky skills etc