Opinion Pre Season Training

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It always tells me to sign in when I click on it
The Bulldogs could face a battle holding on to one of the most improved props in the game - pocket battleship Max King.

King is one of the few quality front-rowers coming off contract at the end of this season and has attracted the eye of at least three rival clubs.

The Bulldogs are anxious to retain the 26-year-old, who has been their most consistent forward since joining the club from the Storm two years ago.

READ MORE: Warner confirms retirement call in Aussie farewell

READ MORE: Reynolds reveals 'embarrassing' conversation in scuffle saga

READ MORE: Windies duo break record in win over Australia

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Android Users Don't Forget To Do This Before ThursdayAndroid Users Don't Forget To Do This Before ThursdaySPONSORED | Safe Tech Tips

Recommended by
They are set to sit down with King's management in coming weeks in the hope of quickly signing the busy prop to a long-term deal.

Max King of the Bulldogs runs at a Harry Grant of the Storm tackle during the round two NRL match between the Melbourne Storm and Canterbury Bulldogs at AAMI Park on March 11, 2023 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images) (Getty)
But rival clubs can talk to King as he is unsigned for 2025 and it could all come down to a bidding war.

"We are keen to keep Max - he's a great kid and been very good for us," Bulldogs boss Phil Gould told Wide World of Sports.

King has amazing rugby league pedigree - his great-grandfather Cec played for Souths in the 1940s, his grandad Johnny was a star in the Dragons team of the 1950s and '60s, playing in seven of their 11 straight grand final wins and his dad David played for Gold Coast in the 1990s.

Here you go!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs could face a battle holding on to one of the most improved props in the game - pocket battleship Max King.

King is one of the few quality front-rowers coming off contract at the end of this season and has attracted the eye of at least three rival clubs.

The Bulldogs are anxious to retain the 26-year-old, who has been their most consistent forward since joining the club from the Storm two years ago.

READ MORE: Warner confirms retirement call in Aussie farewell

READ MORE: Reynolds reveals 'embarrassing' conversation in scuffle saga

READ MORE: Windies duo break record in win over Australia

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Android Users Don't Forget To Do This Before Thursday't Forget To Do This Before ThursdayAndroid Users Don't Forget To Do This Before ThursdaySPONSORED | Safe Tech Tips

Recommended by
They are set to sit down with King's management in coming weeks in the hope of quickly signing the busy prop to a long-term deal.

Max King of the Bulldogs runs at a Harry Grant of the Storm tackle during the round two NRL match between the Melbourne Storm and Canterbury Bulldogs at AAMI Park on March 11, 2023 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images) (Getty)
But rival clubs can talk to King as he is unsigned for 2025 and it could all come down to a bidding war.

"We are keen to keep Max - he's a great kid and been very good for us," Bulldogs boss Phil Gould told Wide World of Sports.

King has amazing rugby league pedigree - his great-grandfather Cec played for Souths in the 1940s, his grandad Johnny was a star in the Dragons team of the 1950s and '60s, playing in seven of their 11 straight grand final wins and his dad David played for Gold Coast in the 1990s.

Here you go!
Thanks for that but I saw it on another thread someone posted.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It always tells me to sign in when I click on it
You have to click to expand that section and can open the article without accessing Twitter. Straightforward

Where it has the link wwos.nine.com.au or sometimes on the picture itself you can select that to open the article directly rather than going through twitter (maybe leave your finger on that link and open in browser).
I'm sure it's the same for Android iPhone and computer

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to click to expand that section and can open the article without accessing Twitter. Straightforward

Where it has the link wwos.nine.com.au or sometimes on the picture itself you can select that to open the article directly rather than going through twitter (maybe leave your finger on that link and open in browser).
I'm sure it's the same for Android iPhone and computer
This is what I get
IMG_2144.png

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just watched the hull fc vs hull kr game super league and hull fc have Franklin Pele , Okurnbor and Nu Brown in their starting line up.

They were absolutely terrible , Nu Brown was playing 7 and he was embarrassing

Franklin Pele got sent off in the 1st half

Okurnbor has learnt nothing still arm grabbing and knocking balls on and missing tackles

All 3 were taking the piss

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just watched the hull fc vs hull kr game super league and hull fc have Franklin Pele , Okurnbor and Nu Brown in their starting line up.

Okurnbor has learnt nothing still arm grabbing and knocking balls on and missing tackles

Thank fuck they're somewhere else. We've turned over plenty of players in recent years . . . And there's not many I'd want back

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Poor ***** have travelled halfway across the globe to play and are still copping shit from Bulldogs fans :laughing:

I'm guessing there might be a few people waiting to see if these guys live up to their potential now that they've left. They've probably all moved to a club at their level (an also ran in super league). I honestly wish them well. They didn't set the world on fire for us. They seemed to lack fire lighting technique, matches, and firewood. Glimpses of Okunbor at times made me think he was worth persistence, but he never even got back to the attacking level of his early handful of games when we enjoyed seeing him demolish cam Smith.

But there's no point dwelling on it all. We're moving upwards with roster talent that makes these guys look like amateurs. So I'm happy to just let these players become memories.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I only saw a clip of Pele getting sent off lol. I don’t remember him ever showing aggression like that in his time over here. Maybe something happened with that player to provoke him?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The media will always put their own spin on these situations and have no idea what's really going on, for all we know the dogs legally stopped paying him because he was no longer meeting his contractual obligations.
Recognising that as a possibility (and a perfectly logical one) means not having any serious agendas. Pretty hard to find "journalists" these days who fit that criteria...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media will always put their own spin on these situations and have no idea what's really going on, for all we know the dogs legally stopped paying him because he was no longer meeting his contractual obligations.
From what I've read his manager won't even accept calls from the club. I don't know if payments ceased before or as a result of them refusing contact. And there's also the possibility that these journos have just made the cease of payments up.

Very few people have a clue about it all given that the media will stir as much muck as they can, true or not.