Opinion Pre Season Training

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still been a long off season on here though :tearsofjoy:
I enjoyed a couple of decent spells from the b.s.
But agree glad the footy is nearly back.
True but I think it may have helped pass the long wait between our last game to now. I don’t know if I visited the forums as often last offseason. Still was nothing worth reading many of those visits lol.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton shows zero ability to place a player through a hole, barely can organise, can’t kick to gaps, rarely runs the ball anymore and has a poor attitude. “It’s a team sport” they say. Barely any room for self improvement
Pretty hard to play off the back of the worse forward pack in the game last year.. hopefully our forwards are better this year, our halfback can do what halfbacks do and organise and he can sit back and wait for his opportunities to run.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Will be interesting how our backline shakes out....Lot of players demanding selection.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty hard to play off the back of the worse forward pack in the game last year.. hopefully our forwards are better this year, our halfback can do what halfbacks do and organise and he can sit back and wait for his opportunities to run.
You can still show in 20 plus games that you can put someone through a hole. That’s over 1760 minutes

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, I think it will be more of the same. Certain players protected, others thrown under bus. Even when we started well last season most on her (not me) wanted half the squad dropped after a couple of games.
Yep most of the squad should have been dropped after a couple of games.....probably would have but we had no replacements......This year a different story......I hope.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep most of the squad should have been dropped after a couple of games.....probably would have but we had no replacements......This year a different story......I hope.
To anyone with one iota of footy sense, they would acknowledge that Ciro had about as horrendous a debut season as a head coach as possible. Sure, he may have made some mistakes too, but who doesn’t in their first year? But the fact he had such a horror injury toll to endure, means making any judgment on his performance is pointless.

I just hope we are affected way less with injury this season, so we can see what the players and coaches can actually do.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To anyone with one iota of footy sense, they would acknowledge that Ciro had about as horrendous a debut season as a head coach as possible. Sure, he may have made some mistakes too, but who doesn’t in their first year? But the fact he had such a horror injury toll to endure, means making any judgment on his performance is pointless.

I just hope we are affected way less with injury this season, so we can see what the players and coaches can actually do.
I think people panicked at the end of the year when we had the full squad but decided to play Flanagan, Sexton, Burton, Reed at the same time and others out of position lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed and Jacob flexing as hard as humanly possible and not quite getting there…

P.S: Fmd Critta is a specimen :| didn’t realise he was that tall and well built. No wonder people were saying JAC was unfit. He looks to be chunkier than I remember. Hopefully will trim some fat before the season kicks off.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know you just cant get through to some people

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed and Jacob flexing as hard as humanly possible and not quite getting there…

P.S: Fmd Critta is a specimen :| didn’t realise he was that tall and well built. No wonder people were saying JAC was unfit. He looks to be chunkier than I remember. Hopefully will trim some fat before the season kicks off.
You’re right mate, at first I thought who the, is that ..

He’s a big dude .. huge .,