Opinion Pre Season Training

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Have you seen him play more then the 3 or 4 fg games he played though? It's all well and good to say that he does everything well, but if you have only seen him play a hand full of times then it's hard to know whether he really does do it all well.
Pretty easy to identify a dud winger these days. If they don't take hard carries etc. Watched his NSW games also, so sample size is bigger than 3-4 games of FG

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you seen him play more then the 3 or 4 fg games he played though? It's all well and good to say that he does everything well, but if you have only seen him play a hand full of times then it's hard to know whether he really does do it all well.
He has done enough to warrant more opportunity in the NRL, in my opinion. If he hasn't shown anything further with another 15-20 games under his belt, then he'll go the way of Kerrod Holland.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People picking line ups like there isn’t another 2 months for injuries to hit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are you so negative? Stop trolling.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty easy to identify a dud winger these days. If they don't take hard carries etc. Watched his NSW games also, so sample size is bigger than 3-4 games of FG
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising, I just think that appart from effort I personally dis see too much to make me think he is better then other options such as Kiraz and Skelton.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising, I just think that appart from effort I personally dis see too much to make me think he is better then other options such as Kiraz and Skelton.
Yeah that's the challenge deciding who to keep between Skelton and Wilson. For trade purposes I'd see more value with Skelton out for a middle, but yeah I'd be sad to lose him. But as we've seen lately tough calls gotta be made.
Mentioned it a while ago, id like for Skelton to be moved to backrow in reserve grade with plan of having him replace Kikau when required. Unfortunately Ciro probably use someone like Salmon for that though

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wilson is a superstar, he will either be superstar/ origin/Australian winger for us replacing fox whenever his time is up with us (guessing in 25) or I am guessing Parra as they have already gone after him. He is a gun fb as well.
Hmmm….Superstar?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yeah that's the challenge deciding who to keep between Skelton and Wilson. For trade purposes I'd see more value with Skelton out for a middle, but yeah I'd be sad to lose him. But as we've seen lately tough calls gotta be made.
Mentioned it a while ago, id like for Skelton to be moved to backrow in reserve grade with plan of having him replace Kikau when required. Unfortunately Ciro probably use someone like Salmon for that though
Salmon is probably better to rest Kiks/preston for 10-20 mins during game day. However if Kiks in particular was out and needed someone to replace him for 60-80 min would much rather a bigger body so Skelton could be good for that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Salmon is probably better to rest Kiks/preston for 10-20 mins during game day. However if Kiks in particular was out and needed someone to replace him for 60-80 min would much rather a bigger body so Skelton could be good for that.
Defensively he would worry me, especially next to Burton. But Skelton would attract plenty of attention near the line just like Kikau. Salmon although solid and hardworking doesn't really threaten opposition players.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot see Fox being kept beyond his current deal at all. Gus keep him now to avoid fan backlash.
I agree with you.
I reckon it will be revealed at seasons end that Foxx will not be with us next year.

IMO, they will spin it by saying that Foxx has approached them about an early release wanting to link up with his Brothers at Souths - Latrell, Cody, Jack Wighton.

At some stage we will announce the signing of the three May Brothers - Tyrell, Taylan & Tyrone and push the whole family club notion.
Taylan will inevitably then take Foxx spot on the wing.

Just My Opinion on how I'm reading it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s happened to booth? I know he ha a big season ending injury last pre season but I didn’t see him
At training on Saturday.

surely his not still injured over12 months on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s happened to booth? I know he ha a big season ending injury last pre season but I didn’t see him
At training on Saturday.

I think he's still injured. I thought he left but pretty sure Gus said something about him still recovering about a month ago

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At training on Saturday.

1705292017634.png

Note the date.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to the training session yesterday, should of seen how he was running and almost breaking the line. His super excited, loves the hectic weather in western Sydney (joking). Spoke to him after the session and is a very humble bloke.

Blake taafe was my biggest surprise. Bloke looked the fittest closely by Critta and Toby.
Something that is pleasantly surprising about Curran is he’s only 24. His best years are ahead of him as most forwards hit their peak in mid to late 20s. Hopefully he does that as a Bulldog.