Opinion Pre Season Training

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Curran.
he’s a bulldog. I can feel it.
went to the training session yesterday, should of seen how he was running and almost breaking the line. His super excited, loves the hectic weather in western Sydney (joking). Spoke to him after the session and is a very humble bloke.

Blake taafe was my biggest surprise. Bloke looked the fittest closely by Critta and Toby.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah pre-season ejaculation aye....but it looks and feels abit different this year. It feels like the method(s) are coming out of all the madness. Hopefully knuckling down with the improvement(s) in roster will limit injuries and get us into the 8. Yeah Id kill for a superstar halves combo but sounds like theyre working on it. Dunno if we need the prop, sounds like maybe yeah nah yeah nah maybe a smokey bolter might surprise us all...having said that whack Hass in there n it does ramp shit up abit.
Ciraldo needs time to make all the pieces fit. Last year we started the year on the back foot due to injuries, and it only got worse. There was no way any coach would have recovered from that and made a successful year of it.
As for this year? We know where we failed last year and should therefore know where we need to improve this year. I think the recruitment will Show its worth and we will improve.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im not hating on Wilson by any means, but I wonder why some rate him so highly? Have you watched him closely in Q Cup? Or is your opinion based on the few FG games he has played? He certainly has heart, but surely Taffe and Tracey are better options at FB, and kiraz and JAC as wingers. I just don't see him playing FG outside of injuries.
Wilson is fit as and won't shy away from the hard stuff. He's a winger every team needs. Does everything well and has basically no impact on the cap.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wilson is fit as and won't shy away from the hard stuff. He's a winger every team needs. Does everything well and has basically no impact on the cap.
Besides his energy and work off the ball, I started looking forward to his kick returns, the number of times he made a half break was impressive. Stats seem to confirm the impression I was left with, 44 tackle breaks in 11 games, 4/game. Kiraz, who chalked up the most tackle breaks for the season, got 69 in 19 games, 3.6/game.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Besides his energy and work off the ball, I started looking forward to his kick returns, the number of times he made a half break was impressive. Stats seem to confirm the impression I was left with, 44 tackle breaks in 11 games, 4/game. Kiraz, who chalked up the most tackle breaks for the season, got 69 in 19 games, 3.6/game.
He certainly possess class, does look like he is heading to stardom doesn't he ?

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what time they would be training tomorrow might try take a peek

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have so many quality outside backs that sooner or later a club like the Tigers are gonna come knocking. It will either be JAC or Skeleton.... can't see us releasing Wilson, he's definitely our future with Kiraz.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen him play more then the 3 or 4 fg games he played though? It's all well and good to say that he does everything well, but if you have only seen him play a hand full of times then it's hard to know whether he really does do it all well.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen him play more then the 3 or 4 fg games he played though? It's all well and good to say that he does everything well, but if you have only seen him play a hand full of times then it's hard to know whether he really does do it all well.
Have you actually seen him have a bad NRL game ?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone able to post the CC interview in the DT ?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also Blake mentioned they did the army camp in Brisbane. He said should expect a video of the pre season army camp.

my feeling is drew could be the Smokey 7 for round one. I did have a chat with Ciraldo and he said it was almost impossible to leave out Xerri. Won’t know final squads till trials for his final judgement.

One thing that he said was he didn’t do anything on his holiday, just reflected. Hopefully that’s a good thing for himself and the club

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo needs time to make all the pieces fit. Last year we started the year on the back foot due to injuries, and it only got worse. There was no way any coach would have recovered from that and made a successful year of it.
As for this year? We know where we failed last year and should therefore know where we need to improve this year. I think the recruitment will Show its worth and we will improve.
Change is sometimes hard. People set in their ways tend to narrow and blur vision. We seem to have the right people and structure now that will keep focus. I am very confident in making the 8. Last year was part of the process.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Also Blake mentioned they did the army camp in Brisbane. He said should expect a video of the pre season army camp.

my feeling is drew could be the Smokey 7 for round one. I did have a chat with Ciraldo and he said it was almost impossible to leave out Xerri. Won’t know final squads till trials for his final judgement.

One thing that he said was he didn’t do anything on his holiday, just reflected. Hopefully that’s a good thing for himself and the club
Trials will be interesting that’s for sure. However I dont want us to give too much away in the trials. I like how we are underrated and flying under the radar atm. If we come out and put 50 on an under strength Melbourne side, teams may start taking us more seriously. I really want us to set up a nice ambush for parra in rd 1.