Potter post match presser

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gordon Tallis keeps saying there is a hill in North Qld, that Todd Payten made the team run up and down all pre season, hope Mick takes these guys on a journey to Coogee, this game is about a desire to win, this side doesn't have it. The problem is they keep telling people they do have that desire to win but its not expressed in ways that show it, they really don't have it. Mick gave the impression that they had no desire to defend their goal line , two barge over tries. I was glad to see Mick was disgusted so he should be, There is an attitude problem in this playing group, a self entitled coffee culture, winning comes first, its the priority, have your coffees after winning ffs.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but if you look at Jacko's face when Mick is answering some of the questions..... he's not looking real happy with some of his replies.
Yeah, noticed that too, poor JJ he has been so used to koombuyah rituals with Trent ending with warm cuddles for so long.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the last time Dale Finucane made a line break? That isn't his role and if he's named/plays on an edge that's the coaches fault.
Ok so when's the last time he had an effective offload?

Also, don't mention him in the same sentence as Dale. They aren't in the same class these days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He has a weird vibe, thought I was the only one that picked that up lol
I think he is uncomfortable and wary of the press at this stage and doesn't want to give them anything to crap on with.

His mid week presser started out stilted but he relaxed into the answers.

This situation wouldn't be easy. Baz gone and all his loyal staff still around and a team full of resentful, weak players who play like rank amateurs and he's expected to do something with them.

I don't envy him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeah finally has someone openly calling out the team for being shit and mentioning standards instead of sugar coating it and waffling. knows he’s in trouble to keep a spot with a coach that can stand up to them. agree but, looks like he’s having a sook and not happy baz is gone
ABC led their 7pm news summary on Thursday night saying that Jackson was unhappy and thought the Club did the wrong thing with Barrett, quoting his earlier interview. I thought that was odd at the time and more media crap but it might be true judging by Jacko's sullen body language.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He answers fine FMD. If we won you would not say he waffles. Who would you want instead the hyena laugh of JAC who answers with “brah” every sentence or the mumbler Thompson
I would prefer Paul Vaughan out of this current lot.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did I say Jacko drops the ball? He almost always gives away one of our first penalties. He has conceded 6 penalties. One of our worst offenders just behind JMK and always at the worst time. Dufty by far is our worst offender for errors with 17 which when compared to Okonbor’s 7 is absolutely embarrassing.
TK has it in for JOK, but I see through all that and believe he's not our problem. He did fine yesterday yet many posters had it in for him.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion I think he is easily our best defender and usually the best defenders push the envelope in terms of conceding a penalty. He very rarely lets in a try and for someone that plays high minutes and with defensive liabilities around him, that is a huge effort. It’s like saying Burton concedes the 2nd most errors for us but he is our best attacker, it’s better having these players in our team because they provide more positives to the team

P.S you did imply he is one of the worst offenders in dropping balls
JJ was used horribly and played the lock role horribly fir the first part of this season. He did really well when he didn't play afew weeks ago, was meh last week and better last night.

I personally think his time is up, but with new coach and new playing strategies, you never know, we might simplify his game and he might be able to add some value. The problem I see is that his new role is worth on 350k and I'm not sure he would be interested in that.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ABC led their 7pm news summary on Thursday night saying that Jackson was unhappy and thought the Club did the wrong thing with Barrett, quoting his earlier interview. I thought that was odd at the time and more media crap but it might be true judging by Jacko's sullen body language.
Yep jacko's pissed that his days of laying on the lounge in his fluffy slippers and dressing gown discussing tactics with baz over a hot chocolate are well and truly over.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If sacking Baz can lead to a bunch of free riders getting upset and also wanting out, then we should have sacked Baz alot earlier!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has a weird vibe, thought I was the only one that picked that up lol
Not that it means anything at all and it will be rubbished here but I watched Horo and Isaac John talk about his appointment and they both immediately kinda froze up and were like noooooope not the guy and both said he was just really awkward to deal with.

Also said that they’ve heard bad things about Flanagan from his former players too lol.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Allan Pease eat your heart out. :tearsofjoy: