Potential team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A potential team to out shine some of the guys now and I hope during trials they can prove that!

Fullback brad abbey look at valentine Holmes killed it at fullback/winger
Rotate him with Morris and if not then choose brad abbey or Tyrone Phillips he went really well in his debut against raiders guarantee the right coaching he can be similar to James Roberts them 2 at park footy and under 20s were the next big thing for wingers even killed it in there high school days apparently I herd together playing

Centres I like Josh and Tim but Tim needs to find form

Wingers Curtis Rona very good winger and Brett Morris but I don't get why he was fullback he was and prob still is the best winger in the game so keep him there lol

Forwards keep them all good just not the flashy crap all the time sometimes is ok that's how our knock ons happened not catching or dropping balls during tackles it was flashy dodgy passes that no1 expected

Hooker great player needs to do his style of play and run the ball but still played well for his first full season

Bench Shaun lane was stand out abit of bulk and he will be more dangerous

Hermen esese strong solid forward on his day he can scare our top forwards for a spot

Tim browne good player but I believe some other forward can make an impact

Klemmer great player should be starting

And on the record tony Williams better man up and charge at players and not do bull crap flick passes

Anyway your thoughts doggies fans

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bud but Herman ese ese is with the Broncos now

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tim browne good player but I believe some other forward
I don't agree here. Tim Browne and Klemmer ALWAYS straighten our forwards up and run hard. We need Browne coz imo he is just like Klemmer. There aren't many forwards out there who do that so let him play as great as he was playing

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We don't need them because Des wants a one-out game plan with a shit kick at the end of the set.

He wants more props instead of halves.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These threads are like winning lotto. You can dream it will happen but if you're being realistic you know what team Des will pick. The team will be the same as this year.

If Hoppa signs he will take Perretts place. Mbye takes Hodkinsons place. Williams comes into the team as Frank is gone.

There won't be any other changes and Abbey won't see first grade next year (he's not ready anyway). You might see Chase Stanley or Phillips in the team during origin time, that's all.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to see Lane start, he seems to shine the more game time he gets (see Dogs v Storm @ Belmore)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well we have potential combos of Reynolds and MBye. Or if you want to get crazy MBye and Reynolds lol.

A lot of us arent confident with the halves combo, but we can only hope that Des does something in the offseason that gets them up to standard. Reynolds IMO is fine, and capable of being a great half when he isnt suspended, and Mbye's main issue is inexperience. He still hasnt played 10 games at half in FG. We had Hod most of the year as the starting half so last year MBye was only backup half. In fact backup a lot of things. Heres hoping being the starting half next year and not super sub for a lot of positions, will improve MBye.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we have potential combos of Reynolds and MBye. Or if you want to get crazy MBye and Reynolds lol.

A lot of us arent confident with the halves combo, but we can only hope that Des does something in the offseason that gets them up to standard. Reynolds IMO is fine, and capable of being a great half when he isnt suspended, and Mbye's main issue is inexperience. He still hasnt played 10 games at half in FG. We had Hod most of the year as the starting half so last year MBye was only backup half. In fact backup a lot of things. Heres hoping being the starting half next year and not super sub for a lot of positions, will improve MBye.
For god sakes for a moment I read potent combo of Reynolds and MBye lol. My eyes aren't as young as they use to be :p

dog whisperer

Waterboy
Reaction score
These threads are like winning lotto. You can dream it will happen but if you're being realistic you know what team Des will pick. The team will be the same as this year.

If Hoppa signs he will take Perretts place. Mbye takes Hodkinsons place. Williams comes into the team as Frank is gone.

There won't be any other changes and Abbey won't see first grade next year (he's not ready anyway). You might see Chase Stanley or Phillips in the team during origin time, that's all.

That's exactly what will happen.

Malla

Reaction score
Not so sure about Abbey starting so soon. Had he come up through the Dogs juniors then potentially but given he is coming from another team I reckon he would need some time to find his feet but in saying that, who knows - may have hit the ground running.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not so sure about Abbey starting so soon. Had he come up through the Dogs juniors then potentially but given he is coming from another team I reckon he would need some time to find his feet but in saying that, who knows - may have hit the ground running.
I like his chances of getting some first grade time this year, he isn't the kind of guy who will stay here if he doesn't get a shot and the club clearly wants him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.