OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So despite the 2nd half being a tough watch, decided to take in the game again on replay with the emotion taken out of it now.

Burton and Kikau were still standouts but our best player on the field without doubt was Kurt Mann. He is a super, super player. In absolutely everything in attack and defense and made multiple impactful plays that I didn’t pick up on first watch.

Thought King and Hughes also stood up really well against the Roosters pack with Hughes in particular finally showing his potential. Crichton at fullback and Kiraz unfortunately had poor games but won’t judge too harshly due to the conditions.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone find it odd that they weren’t going to the bunker and checking the Roosters try’s in the 2nd half, ref was just blowing the whistle and calling them try’s …

I had question marks over at least 2 on whether they fumbled during the put down, and I still have a question mark over Manu’s try and whether it even touched the line, there was maybe even a hint of a double movement in that one, I find it weird they weren’t checking them, it’s like they were in a rush and told to get on with it because the next game was coming up or something ..

‘’also, where can I find the adjudicating stats …. Anyone know what the penalty count and the 6 again stats were, that bunker seemed to be very quick to ring that bell for them, we could barely get one for similar infringements ...

Last edited:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ooo wonder who?
Does this mean a few players originally named in NSW cup have been moved straight to the squad getting ready for next week?
If that is the case will be interesting to see if Papali'i plays. And maybe Skelton as well?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2nd half 2 things (aside from the BS decisions from atkins) burned us

We'd just defended our line and coming out of it both salmon and reed dropped balls, gifting possession back to roosters inside our half

Both drops were fairly easy, they should've done better holding onto the ball

I think by the 2nd dropped ball we had had 6 sets and roosters 14 in the 2nd half

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So despite the 2nd half being a tough watch, decided to take in the game again on replay with the emotion taken out of it now.

Burton and Kikau were still standouts but our best player on the field without doubt was Kurt Mann. He is a super, super player. In absolutely everything in attack and defense and made multiple impactful plays that I didn’t pick up on first watch.

Thought King and Hughes also stood up really well against the Roosters pack with Hughes in particular finally showing his potential. Crichton at fullback and Kiraz unfortunately had poor games but won’t judge too harshly due to the conditions.
Reports are Mann played 60 minutes with a broken hand don’t know how true it is?

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd half 2 things (aside from the BS decisions from atkins) burned us

We'd just defended our line and coming out of it both salmon and reed dropped balls, gifting possession back to roosters inside our half

Both drops were fairly easy, they should've done better holding onto the ball

I think by the 2nd dropped ball we had had 6 sets and roosters 14 in the 2nd half
I love reed, but he needs to cut out the side running and attempting to create something out of nothing. Your job is hooker not playmaker, either pass the ball or run it if you see space, he concedes errors when he does stupid shit like that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dad and I knew it was a double movement at first glance. Yeap, he didn't mess around to confirm the bloody thing.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk
Nearly as bad as that shonky short of the try line 4 pointer the Poms awarded against Penrith lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching second half closely. Curran called knock on, I think not. Then Burto penalised from scrum. Next set chooks score. Then we get the six agains, tackle 3 then tackle 4. This is after Hughes apparent head slam. I don’t think it deserved a penalty. Just because the chooks started a push and shove. How manu gets belted late in game drops ball, then ref decides shit I got u inside the ten, lol really. We would have scored in that next set on there line. Instead they come down and score. Point is second half we weren’t given a chance
Why the hell was Trent Robinson blowing up? If he'd coached us, thank God he isn't, he'd have something to complain about.

'Dogs have been getting shafted by the same refs year after year. Sutton and Atkins are high on that list.
The NRL sure tried their best to give another one of their golden children the win. They made it so obvious.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dad and I knew it was a double movement at first glance. Yeap, he didn't mess around to confirm the bloody thing.

I thought I heard the (new?) rule is if the ball stays in contact with the chest then it is not considered to be promoting the ball, even if grounded, lifted and then grounded again.
If that is correct then players seem to be practising doing exactly what Manu did.
Which is basically a 'legal' second movement.
If NRL wanted to fiddle with the rules then they should have gone the other direction by saying if the ball is not kept on the ground then it is a second movement.
End of story.
But in the interests of having more tries in the game they have swung the other way, by making it easier to score with a double movement.
As soon as the Dogs win a game this way there will be a review. But as long as Brisbane, Penrith Melbourne, Souths and the Roosters are the only ones doing it they will be happy.
Mind you, we're more likely to have a try disallowed in these circumstances.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They have been. That tackle was outlawed a few years back now, even in the AFL.

I literally looked for the tackle last night to sus it out again because i didnt see his head hit the ground during the game but after watching it again, damn im surprised Sualii came back on and Hughes wasnt sin binned.
Never noticed that. Looked good. Bad luck to our guy Hughes. He'll adjust.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There needs to be an investigation into the bunker. It is nothing but a shambles. I guess it's the
personnel thats the problem. When Whyte "scored", he did not ground the ball. When Manu scored he was short of the line.
On both occasions the "Flunker of a bunker" passed them both without looking at the videos from all angles. Neither were tries.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love reed, but he needs to cut out the side running and attempting to create something out of nothing. Your job is hooker not playmaker, either pass the ball or run it if you see space, he concedes errors when he does stupid shit like that.

Hookers do playmake.. Ever watched cam smith, harry grant or api koroisau? Reed got a ta lba last night that was play making.