OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the people that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves pairing got their wish and they almost lost us the game.

It's crazy to suggest that in the first place. Burton had his best game of the season and then Ciraldo moves him to centre when Sexton came on. Sure he scored his third try there but that was because of a massive overlap.

Burton is the best half at the club and does more good things than his haters give him credit for. And Sexton and Hutch are nowhere near as good as people think. They're not FG halves.
Yeah I don't mind Hutch and Burton at halves. I think as time goes by they will form a pretty good combo. Hutch could be molded into a Cronk type half that just feeds Burton like Munster. I think he can be a bit crafty around the ruck. Sure he's not in the same calibre as Cronk but he is decent for where we are at and until we can develop another half.

I think the key with the Roosters game at least in the first half was we monstered up in the forwards and that created momentum. Sexton may have gone ok with momentum as well. I think the momentum changed when Sexton came on but not because of him. PLayers were out of position and this may have effected cohesion.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the people that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves pairing got their wish and they almost lost us the game.

It's crazy to suggest that in the first place. Burton had his best game of the season and then Ciraldo moves him to centre when Sexton came on. Sure he scored his third try there but that was because of a massive overlap.

Burton is the best half at the club and does more good things than his haters give him credit for. And Sexton and Hutch are nowhere near as good as people think. They're not FG halves.
Spot on this and people should really listen.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Way to early for them bro.

Plus Hayward looks better at hooker more than in the halves.
OK but when you say way to early why would they be in the top 30. I thought all players were available for selection and deemed able to play. Oloapu didn't look too bad when he did play in a weak Bulldogs side. It would be good to see him maybe on the bench to get a run with a better side now. I agree Hayward would need to be blooded.

I guess I hoping we can unearth a more creative half with all the halves we have on our books. In fact according to the Bulldogs site out of the 17 backs 7 are halves including Biondi-Odo, Taaffe, Tracy, Hayward and Sexton and 3 are 5/8 Perham, Salmon and Oloapu. I think O'Niel was in the 30 at once stage as well.

So thats 10 or 11 potential playmakers so surely we can find a good half among them. Maybe Hutch is there until we develop our own. We also have Conti and Woods in lower grades who will come through in a couple of years.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people say ref decisions aren't the major factor deciding games but tonight there were a few examples of how momentum can completely change a game and thus results. Half time was a momentum killer for us and the long delay for Edwards' injury virtually did the same to the Roosters.

Refs with wrong decisions on possession or in awarding tries and six agains that are not checked by anyone for their fairness which the Roosters got heaps of in the second half can totally change momentum throughout a game and thus can have a bigger impact than any million dollar star player
Just watched the game again and manus try in the second half was short, never made it to the line

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the game again and manus try in the second half was short, never made it to the line
And if he did get to the line eventually, then it had to be a double movement. But the bunker did not scrutinise the try like they have done others and if they had clear vision from some angle, that was not made available on the broadcast. You could clearly see the ball come down short with Currans arm blocking it getting to the line.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I don't mind Hutch and Burton at halves. I think as time goes by they will form a pretty good combo. Hutch could be molded into a Cronk type half that just feeds Burton like Munster. I think he can be a bit crafty around the ruck. Sure he's not in the same calibre as Cronk but he is decent for where we are at and until we can develop another half.

I think the key with the Roosters game at least in the first half was we monstered up in the forwards and that created momentum. Sexton may have gone ok with momentum as well. I think the momentum changed when Sexton came on but not because of him. PLayers were out of position and this may have effected cohesion.
Bro Hutch and Cronk don’t belong in the same sentence , one won multiple premierships including one with one working shoulder, origin dynasty and internationals.

The other is Hutch

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing I’ll expect during week. Shit team, could only just beat an 11 man team. Whatever we were up 18 zip against a full strength rooster side. Eat that up Gronk’s….Explain that robbo instead of deflecting.
Yeh first half was great viewing but Rorters were awful in that first half but as I’ve said umpteen times the most important person on the field is the bloke with the whistle. He controls who has possession and momentum.

How does one team have 62% to 38% and then the reverse in the 2nd half.

Atkins and the video ref, ref’d this game like they had Bulldogs//Rorters in a half time/full time double going for plenty. The Manu try that wasn’t a try was clear evidence of that. If that was us that would’ve been reviewed and disallowed.

Better luck next week Grant.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interested to hear you say to my face your white hate and how you bash them weekly and I’ll let you know to your face why I despise God and religion after the abuse and cover up they put a member of my family through.
Plenty upon plenty of fat Uces have lain on the floor under my 6 ft 5 white skin so we should have a good time. Hopefully afterwards we can have a beer / JD and watch a Dogs game and hate on Sutton together.
1000025368.jpg

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
04 first half
06 half time speech vs broncos
2020 to 2023 second half
I couldn't believe what I was seeing
Been following the Blue ‘n whites for decades. Leading 26-0 end H1, I thought I could relax in H2 and luxuriate in a rare (possibly) 34-10 /40-10 win or similar. However no way. Oh you Bulldogs!! What an H2 capitulation.
I can only think that numerous injuries brought us undone.
However H1 did show me what this team can do if fully fit. Good win but feeling deflated. At last our possession 53% & completion rates 86% hit acceptable benchmarks for once. Yay!!!
Times ahead in 2025/26 looking good. Just need to see a couple of larger forwards and a game managing HB (O’Neill??) come bubbling to the top to see us dominate consistently for an entire 80 min. Nice win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interested to hear you say to my face your white hate and how you bash them weekly and I’ll let you know to your face why I despise God and religion after the abuse and cover up they put a member of my family through.
Plenty upon plenty of fat Uces have lain on the floor under my 6 ft 5 white skin so we should have a good time. Hopefully afterwards we can have a beer / JD and watch a Dogs game and hate on Sutton together.
Bro sorry bout your family member and I understand your feelings about religion. But to ridicule someone elses faith for no reason when they not talking to you is some clown shit. Give me an example of this white hate? That's a fkn load of rubbish, like most if the shit you post.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea I love what Critta said.. no excuses and wanted more.. regardless 6 players injured second half and missing bench players he still wanted us to Ice the very strong Roosters .. that's how we will return to glory

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree our right edge is not getting anywhere near enough ball and it needs to be fixed but that is a way easier issues to fix than a player that won’t commit in defence. Hutch isn’t the answer long term it swapping him for sexton just creates more problems than it fixes and we have to start again building combinations.
Tbf we haven't seen Sexton get a crack as a starter this season, and you could say that about a lot of our players from last season.. anyway Hutch needs to sort it out soon because if he passes to a three on two last week we likely go on to win.