OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah we aren't what we were in 80s, much of the 90s, and mid 00s. And we've all been waiting for too long for finals footy. But I'd like to see you go and tell Kurt Mann anything about soft tonight, or go tell the entire squad from 2021 that there is no accountability.

And I seem to recall there being plenty of games from the glory days when we played badly and lost, or played badly and won. Pretty sure we've always taken every win.
maybe I’m being too harsh or dramatic, maybe I’m just fed up. Maybe it’s because I’m comparing to our glory years and forgetting the bad…… maybe the dogs are just changing like society these days, I just find it hard to relate to the dogs these days too much love and cuddles papering over where we really sit in the league

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As he’s a yes man to Politis he’s safe and Politis will just buy more players. Politis hasn’t recruited well in recent years.
Players are expensive, coaches are expendable. Uncle Nick will be wanting a return . . .Robbo has just ducked into the noose

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didnt do anything extroardinary that a 5/8th would do. His 3 tries had nothing to do with him being at 5/8th, centre, FB or even second row...

I won't bash him tonight as he hardly put a foot wrong but i certainly wouldnt say he did anything to prove he deserves the 5/8th spot.
What did Sexton or Hutch do to prove they are better than him?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As they say; a game of two halves. Basically, I reckon it was a combination of our boys thinking we had it won, the reshuffled backline, loads of possession and legups to rorters and their determination to pull off a miracle.

Just like most weeks this season, there are plenty of positives to take out of it and the bonus is, we got the win and a preview of what a Hutch and Sexton halves combo looks like and also Critta at fb. Neither of those things improve us. Proving a lot of Ciro’s selections justified. I think Sexton’s extra speed and straight attack improves us though. Him and Burton halves please and thank you. I don’t think his defence is bad enough to not do it.
Critta said in the first half we attacked everything but second half up 26-0 and playing 12 players they decided to take the easy way out and shut up shop kicked to corners hoping roosters make an error and we win easy

We simply stopped playing to win and tried to play not to lose

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A win is a win. Hahaha what a game, Fuarrk I was close to the touchline and saw Teddy get dusted by Kikau up close Fuarrk that was brutal
The sweat flying off Taafe as the arm connected his head was gladatorial in full 4k vision.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Roosters are considered a premiership heavyweight

That first half, we showed that not only can we match it with a premiership heavy weight but we can smash them

That 2nd half, I dunno
First half we match it with the heavy weights
Second half we match it with the titans

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Critta said in the first half we attacked everything but second half up 26-0 and playing 12 players they decided to take the easy way out and shut up shop kicked to corners hoping roosters make an error and we win easy

If they can really take home the lesson that you keep playing to win for 80 minutes after this game, they will take some more wins off top 8 sides this season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Such an asset. The way he chops down the big boys for our big boys is massive. Also set that game up for us with his first tackle.
I have been a Reed critic since middle of last season

credit where due he’s worked hard on his game defensively especially and is churning out 80 min pretty easily now

I think the non captaincy has been a blessing in disguise for him

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most honest comments i"ve heard from CC so far.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
!

Yeah along with all the other shit we had to deal with, our intensity was simply not good enough and at the level which saw us dominate them. Just watch the first half replay and I’ll be happy lol.. because that was one of the best halves I can remember of the last few years.