OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was pretty good in the halves too scoring two and setting up another. He's by far the best half at the club. Sexton and Hutch are not the answer. People suggesting them ahead of Burton all season was laughable and tonight proved why.
agree that we can't have both hutch and sexton in the halves.

down the track burton will most likely end up in the centers once our young halves are ready to play first grade next yr or 2026.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand MD but it doesn’t take a 12 year old player to just chill and play to their corners like what we did in first half… especially with a man down.. that’s all I’m saying
Have you watched this side for the last 10 years? Like I said we don’t have players of that experience in key positions but they will take a lot out of tonight. Fact is we blew roosters off the park in the first 40 and that won us the game

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta was getting driven back when returning the ball from fullback , Critta had a chance to stop most of those roosters tries but just wasn't quick enough or able to hold the ball up

Tonight proves he's definitely not our 1st option at fullback.

Tracey better play fullback next week if taffe is out

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully they learnt something from that shit show !
Exactly. They can watch a video with one half of how to play.
And another half of how not to play.
Which is what they watch most weeks.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'm calm now. What did we learn?

Critta is not a fullback. Salmon is still ass. Mann needs to start at lock. Hutch is still ass. Sexton is not the answer.
Mann needs to be involved in most plays

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taaffe offers more from the back. The last two weeks have been his best games. We lost all momentum when he was forced out. It's a shame he's out next week now.. Taaffe also struggles defensively in the front line, which is why I don't like him in the halves in FG. I know he played juniors there but FG is a different kettle of fish and whenever he's played in the halves for Souths he's been targeted massively defensively.
Critta and kiks will help him out . He has a bit of spark about him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Robinson in the presser saying that Dom Young should have been sin bin at worst, open hand slap around the chops have never been a send off before, said the officials are changing the rules again. Also said Radley's was not a hip drop.

What little respect I had for him is lost. Young was a swinging arm with direct contact to the head made at a point below his own elbow, he may as well have taken a club out there. Taaffe was out before he hit the ground and will miss next week for sure. It was 100% a send off, there is precedent, and he should get a significant ban.

Radley left his feet with a dive that resulted in his body weight landing across the legs of Critta, that is the core definition of what makes a hip drop illegal, so the refs got that 100% right too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
agree that we can't have both hutch and sexton in the halves.

down the track burton will most likely end up in the centers once our young halves are ready to play first grade next yr or 2026.
Maybe. It depends on how Burton plays til then.. If he has more games like he did tonight, then he's our long term 5/8th with Woods at halfback. Or Woods at halfback and O'Neill at halfback. But Papalii is a weapon too. Consistency has always been the issue with Burton though. Hopefully he builds off tonight. And hopefully those pups keep developing so we have a good problem on our hands. But a lot can happen between now and then so we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton looked an attacking weapon at centre. Who would’ve thought
How? He ran pass a second rower standing at centre when his team was a man down. Burton actually scored two tries playing at 5/8 to start the game. We can't playing Hutchinson and Sexton at 6 and 7, both are slow and lack Burtons kicking game, which isn't even elite.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau was a beast. They couldn't handle him. He's been inspirational this year so far and led from the front. He's developed a nice combo with Burton. Now hopefully they can unlock Critta and get him going too..
It's so exciting seeing the effort from Kikau.. he genuinely is trying to put the team on his back... It's no surprise Burton is playing with more enthusiasm with that outside of him.. yeah if we get Crichton going we can start closing games out more.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game would of been reffed very different. ***** act like when we have had players in the bin we looked at an excuse. Good win for the boys snd a great first half
@Nate DAWG reason I say this is we were scoring all our points off Dom Young errors it was a Steve Mavin like performance. When he went off we lost a key point of where we were cashing in.

Being wet weather you don’t really get a chance to use the extra player to advantage.

We needed to kick more in the second half play out 3-4 tackles kick deep.

The first half was amazing the second half we just needed to kick deep and defend in their zone.

The first half probably the second best performance I’ve seen in recent years I will still rate the 34-6 win over the Eels in 2022 as the best. The tries we scored that day and even the Burton try saver on Moses was just brilliant. The highlights are on YouTube watch the second Averillo try.

We won the game after the first minute. We were never in trouble. We mentally switched off at half time instead of consolidating.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The six agains are bullshit it gives the refs toooo much power and are never questioned.

The ref won the 2nd hslf anf tried to get the Roosters back in the game.
We had no ball in the 2nd half as much as want Crichton to get in the game more he is not a fullback.

I think its time to blood Papalii into first grade we aren't winning this year anyway.

I know it won't happen Ciraldo likes big talkers out the back yo set our defence.