OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okay. Everyone can take a breath again now.
1st half. Excellent.
2nd half, well.........

But let's get some perspective.
The first half of the second half was gifted back to the Rorters (send-off sympathy?)
Yeah, we had the "on 12" advantage at the time, but the overlap isn't as important if you have the ball; and at 7-1 "six-agains" and a 6-5 penalty count ,but with two of ours being "not-discretionary" (he couldn't not award the sucker punch and the leg drop - it's right there on tape), the Rorters were given same favourable "discretion".

We didn't handle the situation well (obviously) and losing Taffe, whose speed was really hurting the Rorters' backs, and forcing the reshuffle didn't help our cause at all.

The Rorters are a good enough team to be able to take that kind of leg-up, and run with it, especially against a team that is still learning to believe and has spent the best part of a decade in a losing habit.

So, from that perspective, who wouldn't happily welcome the 2 points (I'll take it over a brave loss, thanks).

We needed the points, we got them. How is of less importance.

We get to build from the 1st 40, and learn to be more resilient from the 2nd.

This is like learning from a loss, but getting 2 competition points for it.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except our defence fell apart when he was shifted.. sure he was rubbish at fullback but nothing much gets through that left edge
I'm not saying he is a bad player, but 800K plus for a defensive center is just dumb for a struggling club without a 7 and good middles.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Where were our leaders in that 2nd half?

Crighton has been super average for us all year.

A superhuman 1st half by Kikau got us this win. He has been outstanding and backed up his Titans and Souths performance again tonight.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck? We won. At the end of the year, all it'll be is 2 points. Couldn't care less about the rest tbh as I know the team and CC will only learn from it.

Onwards and upwards
Agree my bro 2 points in a week where nobody gave us a chance is still 2 points no matter how much we fell away 2nd half. Young team still learning.

We go again

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck? We won. At the end of the year, all it'll be is 2 points. Couldn't care less about the rest tbh as I know the team and CC will only learn from it.

Onwards and upwards
still shouldn't of conceded 20 points with an extra player and then another 6 points with 2 extra players

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m watching the replay now. Judging by a lot of comments on here, should I bother watching the second half? Were they that bad?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was like 2 different teams ran out. Tbh it would have had to do with structure aswell we shifted around our spine taffe out our centre to fullback our 5/8 to centre then 18th man to 5/8 it was a shit show. We looked good with our first team and taffee impressed while he was on.
need to work on it for next week

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not saying he is a bad player, but 800K plus for a defensive center is just dumb for a struggling club without a 7 and good middles.
Yea fair enough I just think it's up to the coach and spine to unlock him.. they've managed to unlock Kikau.. another thing is that team's put more defenders on Crichton which can be to our advantage at times

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m watching the replay now. Judging by a lot of comments on here, should I bother watching the second half? Were they that bad?
Atkins played his part well …

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A win is a win nonetheless but no sugar coating the second half. Going to be interesting to see what we can take from that if we can implement what we take and going to be interesting to see how we play in the coming weeks. We did have to do quite a bit of re shuffling and obviously that never goes well for that so we need to learn to respond to that adversity.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters coach played it better than the roosters did in that 2nd half.
“Hutchinson is a half. We would have been happy to keep him, but he’s an out and out half.”
half a football player…………I’d rather put a jersey on a chicken Kiev that run out with hutcho as our anything next week
You blokes can hate on Hutch all you want point blank he’s the best half at the club ATM and Burton is the best 5/8th and they are both winners tonight, cry me a fucking river.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I’ll give you boys some insight..remember the 2020 grand final. Storm were up 24 nil or something and Penrith come back to within a try . Similar to this game. Storm were the better team but when they got up by so many they didn’t know what to do with so much at stake. That’s how the boys felt tonight

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That had to be the most pathetic, disgraceful win I have ever seen!!!
An inexcusable performance!
We will shamefully take the two points but the wrong team won!
I only saw the second half and refs haven't changed. Some shit penalties against us and a no try try. Enjoy the win.