OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many sad carnts having a whinge.
We got the points. It was a game of 2 halves. We were sensational first half and they were terrible and the roles reversed in the second half. There will be a lesson in it for our boys.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None. But there has been plenty last season and in earlier games this season. Personally I still think he is the starting 6 for us, but team reshuffles during a game are common, and I'd like to see Burton to centre as an earlier choice, especially when we are in front of the game, and have Sexton available to get into the game.
If Sexton is available sure ofcourse but it always depends who goes down and who you have available.

I personally wouldnt have Sexton in the team unless its for Hutch.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That big lead in the first half gave them a sense of security they tried shut up shop in the second half hopefully a valuable lesson was learned tonight 2 pts are valuable about time we celebrate that I think and move on

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead set some of you cahunts are fucked in the head the first 40 was the best football this club has played in 10 years we put that together for 80 and we will beat any side in the comp all the the fucking experts on here where tipping is to lose by 30 plus and cry like little sluts when we we win by four lol go fuck yourselves up the mighty dogs
@maroondog72 The only thing in disagreement I say is the best 80min performance we’ve put in over recent years was 2022 queens birthday vs Parramatta when we won 34-6 the second try Averillo scored that day was just a sheer delight.

The game was decided in the first minute. Had Dom Young not got sent off we score 50.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Game changed when Taafe was sent off tbh. The shift in positions didn’t help forced our players to not play in their usual position and changed responsibilities = changed game play.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the people that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves pairing got their wish and they almost lost us the game.

It's crazy to suggest that in the first place. Burton had his best game of the season and then Ciraldo moves him to centre when Sexton came on. Sure he scored his third try there but that was because of a massive overlap.

Burton is the best half at the club and does more good things than his haters give him credit for. And Sexton and Hutch are nowhere near as good as people think. They're not FG halves.

lamb6

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the second half performance was largely a result of a lack of confidence and belief, which given the past few years, is not a huge surprise. But to hang on and win isn't a disgrace, it is a "dig deep" performance even if they should have been home and dry long before.

The players will be better for going through that game, it was both a learning experience AND a win. Not often you get two for one like that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
MD it’s not about the win, wow we won im so happy trust me, but what boils my blood in this game is the fact that when we have a player gone for like 50 minutes and the two hia failed. Technically we needed to level head and put them to theirs sword for the sheer fact of the game being ours. I know roosters are a top 4 team BUT we did not manage that game at all, we did not DEFEND at all when we had all the right formula for us to win, defend and smash. I cannot wait to hear CC press conference cause it will show me his true body language
Simple fact is we don’t have the players in key positions to manage a game what we seen in the second half was a side trying to protect a lead and they stopped playing football like they did in the first half , this side and club doesn’t have a winning mindset but that’s changing and tonight proves that.