Post Freddy Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
well only time can tell if they'll miss him
poor brett finch would have to step up if he's to remain on the same form as last year because without a reliable 5/8th it would be more difficult for him, but i don't think it'll be all bad for the roosters the forward pack is pretty much on par with the doggies and the backs potentially could be even better than the dogs (but i dont think that will be the case)

Reaction score
Finch is nothing. Big Homo. I really don't rate him, how he made origin ahead of Sherwin is beyond me.

The Roosters will get better as the season goes on, once Finch and Firman get used to each other, and their forwards and such, theyll go alright.

I think Amos is a more than able replacement at 5/8. Its funny though, how often do you hear wingers talked about as a possible fill in at 5/8...the only other one I can think of is Mat Rogers..

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ThatsMYteam said:
fittler was over rated i admitt he was great but were not going to be finished cause he has left
are you feeling allright?
fittler overrated your kidding yourself right?
fittler alone won us the 2002 grandfinal and his the player the team relies on to do something sepcial when the team is down we will struggle big time this year especially if we have a bad run with injuries we wont even amke the top 8 and thats reality, they'll miss his one one one defence and the wya he guises the team around the park so dont ever call him overrated is just shatters roosters supporter to call Captain Chook overrated

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Finch is nothing. Big Homo. I really don't rate him, how he made origin ahead of Sherwin is beyond me.

The Roosters will get better as the season goes on, once Finch and Firman get used to each other, and their forwards and such, theyll go alright.

I think Amos is a more than able replacement at 5/8. Its funny though, how often do you hear wingers talked about as a possible fill in at 5/8...the only other one I can think of is Mat Rogers..
i dont think finch will play much games this year the halves will be Wing at 5/8 and Firman at half
Tooooo many forwards will run over Finch his a liability and i dont really like him his a small fish in a big pond

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Opps I meant Finch *hides*

Fittler is over-rated. I can't even remember the last time he did something magical with the football. The Roosters attack has relied on Minichello, Finch and Wing
watch harder mate!

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
fittler is it annoys me when people say we will struggle without him hewasnt our whole team sure he was great n did a lot of good things 4 roosters but hes not all we have

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ThatsMyTeam said:
fittler is it annoys me when people say we will struggle without him hewasnt our whole team sure he was great n did a lot of good things 4 roosters but hes not all we have
he was a big part of that team and thats why i think the roosters will be lacking in the halves this year without him,
the only thing finch is good for is having a sook after costing his team a premiership

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
fittler was a good leader and yeah itmight take a while to get use to the change but people act as if he was all we got thats far from it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no im saying that without fitler they dont have what it takes to make it too the grand final this year!
i never said that theyll have a bad year, just won't have the same impact come september.

you need 2 players to have a great half pairing and his year finch just wont get a great 5/8th which ever way you look at it (Flannery, Firman, Roberts??? Wing???) i think the only weakness that theyll have is in argueably the most important area:The Halves

B

Bwaif

don't you just love that we have Sherwin?

Anyway, back on track... I think Fittler was a big impact on the team, he led the way, and was a good leader. So yeah, I think they will be a bit shaky at first, but will find their feet in due time. They will defo be in the top 4

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im sorry to say to TMT and Danish but its going to be a Bulldogs-Bronco's GF this year
forget the last few seasons or the myth of the "end of season fatigue" the bronco's will step up big time in september

with the roosters either going down in week 2 or losing to one of these teams in the preliminary final.
we have to wait for the season to start but thats my opinion based on each teams squads

B

Bwaif

i dont know about the bronco's I'll have to see it to believe it I suppose, but I think their loss to the coboys last year would have been a big slap in the face wake up call for them. Putting whats probable or not aside though.. I'd Love to see it be a Bulldogs Cowboys GF, that would be entertaining.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the bronco's have gotten a freshen up this season and they WILL be a force.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
The Bronco's always have trouble during the rep season and that seems to kill all their momentum for the rest of the season. I can't see that changing too much this year especially with Bennett being the Aus coach as well now. While they have the talent to always remain in the top 8 I think the rep season kills them and their current team just doesn't have the experience to handle a full NRL and rep season like the teams they had in the past.

I think the Panthers will again be the quiet acheiver. No one ever says much about them but they have 2 strong trial wins and their belief in their own game is something that good sides can use to get them through a long season.

M

MrCharisma

The Panthers have been hit very hard losing both Girdler and Whatiura as well as alot of their juniors have been stolen.

Watch out for Frank Pritchard to make some huge impact this season but the Pathers season relys on three men. Wesser, Gower and Priddis.... if they can stay injury free and in form, the Pathers should remain in the top8. Penrith also need a huge monster effort from Trent Waterhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.