Post Freddy Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what are everyones thoughts on the Roosters chances this season without Brad Fittler, no doubt this is going to be a tough one for the Tri Colours but do you think we'll see:
A)Same "benchmark" regular season team, Grand Final Chokers?
B)Make The Semi-Finals, not make a major inpression on the series
C)Callapse entirely and not make the semi's

while i like the C) scenario i still think the roosters have enough firepower in the side to make the semi's, and i think they'll be eliminated in week 1/2 of the finals.

i think we'll have to wait to the season starts and gets to the midway point before we know how they are handling life without Freddy, but ive read that theyve lost quite heavily to penrith in a trial game, dont know the full details but im assuming they had a full strength squad.

i reckon with other teams improvement the roosters will start slipping down the pecking order of NRL clubs
my top 4 this year are
1.Bulldogs
2.Brisbane
3.Penrith
4.Roosters

what are your thoughts on the Roosters?
will they lose again in the GF? or will their off season start in september?

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Like them or not the are a professional club and one that demands results. They have fallen at the final hurdle twice in a row, however the fact that they made the Grand Final on those occasions show that they know how to get there and win semis. There is a tremendous amount of pressure on Firman this year and I think Finch can do the job. He wont have Brad there to hold his hand but he is so into himself that it wont phase him.
So I think that they will still be around the top of the tree but on thinner branches.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I think they will struggle early, but will get things together towards the end of the season adn still make the semis. After that anything can happen but I find it hard to see them winning the comp before Dogs, Panthers or Broncos.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think B) will describe them dis year. i also heard the Finch has two broken hands from last nights game but im not really sure if its true?

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
I'm going with B)...They will make semi's if they're VERY lucky but will not make GF IMO...

M

MrCharisma

Roosters will be in the Top 3 sides

Although they've lost key players, they still have others. Don't be suprised to see them develope a new style of football which they previously haven't played with.

Expect Craig Wing and Anthony Minichello to play huge roles in 05.
* Minichello will act like a 2nd 5/8th similar to David Peachy
* Wing will play a large kicking role from hooker, using his former halfback experience.. similar to Craig Gower (hooker/halfback player)

Watch out for a huge effort from the forwards. The Roosters are used to a dominate specalist combo (Mini, Fittler, Finch, Wing, Ricketson). Instead they'll use the forwards to push forward and then look for chances to put their new-look backline through a gap.

Watch out for Craig Wing to possibly return to halfback like in 02 and Heath Le'Strange playing hooker.

Rumour in the mills is that Brad Fittler could make a comeback. He's been training with the Roosters and with Wing and Finch out after the trail match, I wouldn't be suprised to see him on match-payments

New look side but same attitude... I think they'll be just as dominate. Top recruiting for 05

M

MrCharisma

Craig Wing and Brett Finch got injured to be fair, I'll find the line-up and I'd be pretty sure it would be close to full strength Panthers

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
it will take roosters a while to get use to their new line up im not to worried about trial games but injuries are not good :(

M

MrCharisma

What I think will happen for the first few round is that Gavin Lester will play wing, move Amos Roberts into 5/8th combined with Firman... then use Le'Strange in hooker while Wings gorn

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Craig Wing and Brett Finch got injured to be fair, I'll find the line-up and I'd be pretty sure it would be close to full strength Panthers
don't be fair to the roosters, they got smashed :D
i think they'll be a noticable step behind the Bulldogs, Panthers and Bronco's
but will just have enough to get into the finals in 4th-7th place.

and don't make excuses that it was a trial game therefore not important and the roosters didnt play their best because that would be disrespectful to the panthers game.

B

Bwaif

yeah I don't see them going anywhere, with or without fittler they are a strong force... they just have to adjust to the game without him. I don't think they will be as strong as the dogs, but they have a good few key players which will lift them this year

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
What I think will happen for the first few round is that Gavin Lester will play wing, move Amos Roberts into 5/8th combined with Firman... then use Le'Strange in hooker while Wings gorn
Amos Roberts??? isnt that the guy that had a hard time filling in the halves at Penrith?

Brett Firman? isnt he the guy who couldnt get into the first team at the Dragons last year???

sorry, the roosters won't have what it takes in the halves this year even with a finch at 100% health, the good roosters forward pack will make it easier on them but i dont think itll be enough week in week out

M

MrCharisma

Amos Roberts... isn't he the guy who is a winger, who filled in at Penrith when both Presto and Gower were injured and yet lead his sides to victory?

Brett Firman... isn't he the 2004 Dally M winning Halfback? The player who stasticly is the best halfback in the league?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
brett friman????? brett finch buddy and this year is the year he wont have big brother fittler to give the ball too.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
fittler was over rated i admitt he was great but were not going to be finished cause he has left

M

MrCharisma

Opps I meant Finch *hides*

Fittler is over-rated. I can't even remember the last time he did something magical with the football. The Roosters attack has relied on Minichello, Finch and Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.