Positivity - What are we excited for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
What are you guys looking forward to, excited for?

for me:

- seeing our boys at the nines
- seeing morris brothers at full stride
- kasiano working some magic
- Mbye finding a gap
- Graham getting worked up
- Klemmer winding up
- Jeynolds refusing to lose a golden point game - that manly game no one was going to take that one away from him
- New players showing us what they can do

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
excited that....
- it should be Hasler's final year (even better if sacked mid season)
- it should be Hoppa's last year or at least last Sunday free year
- it should be the final year of Tolman on the 4th
- it should be the final year of the nose whistles

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
at least no disappointments next year cos there is no expectation from this des coached rabble.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well the thread started off nicely. im with you. bring it on.
I think we really need to start off huge. actuaaly this year give a shit aboout the 9's would be great to see

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best thing about 2017 will be winning the premiership..
The worst thing about 2017 will be waking up and realising it was a dream..

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only thing to look forward to is hopefully some of our new recruits getting a crack at first grade. I think guys like brenko lee & rhyse martin will be in our side for our round 1. I am also looking forward to brad abbey being given an opportunity (thats if des gives him one).

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing to look forward to is hopefully some of our new recruits getting a crack at first grade. I think guys like brenko lee & rhyse martin will be in our side for our round 1. I am also looking forward to brad abbey being given an opportunity (thats if des gives him one).
Yeah Agree, id like to see Abbey get a run.

Scrubdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah Agree, id like to see Abbey get a run.
Seeing what Kennar can do if he breaks into the side
Seeing Mbye and Reynolds getting the ball and using it
What's going to happen with hooker - can Lichaa sharpen up the service and have a few runs from dummy half or Woodford getting a crack
Will Cleeland show us something new
Watching Trex in a Cronulla Guernsey !!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha, yeah I had Kennar in their too actually. Then removed it.
Hoping the halves get more ball, that would be an improvement. Early ball..... Agree Lichaa needs to pick it up a bit, if not that needs a change as suggested with Wollofrd if hes ready. Still not sure on Garvey. Started off well.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not excited but I'm interested to see if we've made any changes to our play style, which looks bleak after seeing Tolman at first receiver at training.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our first set of six in the opposition 20! that way I will know Wether or not we have any hope of playing exciting footy!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see support play and a shift back towards our 2012 style of play. We have two running halves that would benefit greatly from playing to their strengths.

Hopefully a few of the players we've developed will break into the top 17 and shine.

I'm also hoping to see the side dominate plenty of teams. This year whenever we got ahead by a decent margin we'd go to sleep and let trans back into the game. I want to see us put some cricket scores on when we get a roll on.

N

Natboy

Hopefully a new game plan, catching up with everyone and villi's pies might make up for Regan leaving the belles :coldsweat:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really excited by some of the young backs coming through it would be great to see Montoya and Smith get some extended time in NRL. Des better not take the safe option and bring in Holland.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm really excited by some of the young backs coming through it would be great to see Montoya and Smith get some extended time in NRL. Des better not take the safe option and bring in Holland.
I thought Holland was ok for us until he got dropped. He returned with some added handling errors and I think his goal kicking also dropped off. He might still be useful next year. Our depth in the backs is largely untested. Holland has both experience and his goal kicking in his favor, but he needs to find form. I'm personally not that fussed if somebody else passes him in the pecking order.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably more excited at the prospect of Hasler leaving.
Together with the probability that our embarrassment will finish at round 26 as we won't make the playoffs.

And who knows, Hasbeen might even get the arse mid season.

Status
Not open for further replies.