POLL: How confident are you for dogs to play manly at ANZ week 1 of finals?

How confident?

• EXTREMELY - Weve got this in the bag

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Somewhat - 75% chance win of success

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • moderate - Its gonna be 50/50

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Not really - hardley a chance

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • NO CHANCE IN HELL - It will be all over

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We may as well knock it over first up and see where we stand, live the dream.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll answer this question after our performance against the Roosters.

You have to remember also that Finals football is a whole different ball game. Our team is very new, don't be surprised if you see so many incomplete sets and errors from our boys. Manly have all the experience in the world. You can only hope that our boys will adapt well to the Finals series and continue the form they've been in for the back half of the year.
After that performance against the Roosters, feeling much more confident now.

If the Dogs can continue to play the way they have and not buckle under the pressure and experience of Finals football then we are a big chance of winning this one.

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
We will smoke them next week. We still own their headspace after they tried to bash us at brookie but got beat by a team with two less players ! I guarantee, every one of them was watching the game tonight, hoping we'd lose !
i agree with the headspace !! but it can work the other way for them.......
their halves were off and no where near the form where they are in now , brett was out ( how much would we lose if barba was out ), glenn was not fully fit...and it was a 2 point game until 77th minute and i must say that penalty we got to make it 14 nil , ive seen worse not given.and they beat us at anz without foran,trex

the positive for us was that we played with 15 men for 60mins.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a little more confident now after a dominate 2nd half but I think we need an 80min effort and reduce our errors to beat womanly, and also ffs the reffs need to lay off a little,

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
guys here are some stats from last night - manly/gc

penalties 7-3 gc
possesion 57-43% gc
75 extra tackles made by manly
36 times more gc were tackled in opposing attacking 20m
choc rested for the last 45mins of the game

and they still won away , pressure game to seal top 4...

not bad , this team is no easy feat like most posts here !!!

it will be a tough game - margin 1-6 either way

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
They just have to have that steel in their defensive line. The pleasing part of last night was that the Doggies were talking to each other in defense, especially upon their own goal line. I have stated before that to win the Comp you have to beat Manly, and that hasn't changed today. I would really have to say that Manly are quietly saying the same things about the Bulldogs. This will be one cracker of a game, one not to be missed. Imagine what would happen if it was scheduled on Sunday Afternoon....... what a crowd would be there.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
You obviously underestimate Snake, have you seen our win percentage with and without him? We would have beat you comfortably if he was playing, believe me. He would not have thrown the ball to a dogs player for your first try like Whare did and that's just one play. I will have fun revisiting your comment once manly beat you :grinning:
That sounds like an incomplete team to me if you are relying on 1 player so heavily

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I reckon the Canterbury Bulldogs/Fans are Ready and confident!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Extremely confident.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly are looking good but the boys really stepped up to the task last time at brooky , I think if we put a lot of pressure on cherry Evans he tends to make mistakes and does not kick well which is where I think they have it over us , even if we do lose its not the end of the world we lost week1 of the semis in 04 and looked what happen there

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Tickets purchased, firing up!

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Truth is, I'm not that confident. We are playing the Premiership favourites, with no real home ground advantage. Ever since the NRL adopted the news finals format, I was worried. The Minor Premiership gives us no advantage. First and second got a second chance with the McIntyre System. Instead of playind an impotent Broncos away from the security of their home ground, we have the toughest match up of the first round of the Finals. No, I'm not confident. I'm worried.

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
That sounds like an incomplete team to me if you are relying on 1 player so heavily
mate

do you watch the games ????????

take out barba this year and certain plays /tries dont happen and we miss the top 8 !!!!!

is it so hard to understand that brett to them , slater to melbourne,inglis to souths , bowen to cowboys

and barba to us is the same thing....

if barba wasnt playing this week you would be sh iting your pants just like evey other dog supporter !!!

dont be so arrogant cause it might come back and laugh at you !!!

im very nervous playing manly ,

Status
Not open for further replies.