Please help me understand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then there is dogkat who is in fact an undercover mod..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also pro tip. Don't pay attention to the thumbs up/down system.

I usually view this forum from my phone so I can't see them but I remember the first time I logged on through a PC and saw I had 40 something thumbs downs.. I was like whaaaa? You bastards I'm usually pretty beige in here. I got all personally offended and then realised it was the same bloke that had found everyone of my posts to that point in time and for whatever reason down thumbed them all.

And this is the part I learnt my lesson:

I got to about the 16th past post of his that I had tracked down and down thumbed and my missus asked me what I was doing on the laptop. I looked up at thought about the question for a second and said "as I closed the laptop" Nothing.!
I pictured this and laughed out loud.

Very accurate though. The thumb system is a fun talking point but it's useless. Most of the time people give me a thumb down because I have a different opinion to them or they don't get my jokes. Doesn't both me if I have 30 thumbs down or 3000. They're still just virtual marks that mean nothing to me.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I pictured this and laughed out loud.

Very accurate though. The thumb system is a fun talking point but it's useless. Most of the time people give me a thumb down because I have a different opinion to them or they don't get my jokes. Doesn't both me if I have 30 thumbs down or 3000. They're still just virtual marks that mean nothing to me.
.. I ... must...resistttt...

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I joined this discussion group as a 35 year Bulldogs supporter! I understand that everybody on here has there own personal opinion and that we as supporters won't always agree.

However I am bemused by the lack of respect on this forum by some "you know who you are" for other doggies supporters who come on this forum for a chat and an exchange of views only to be belittled!

I love the doggies and always will and support the exchange of views and opinions however I deplore the way some on this forum criticise and ridicule the view of other forum members!

Let's exchange ideas and opinions without ridicule and abuse!
welcome mate, don't take anyone serious, laugh when u get thumps down, you never be boarded here( maybe a bit between October and March)

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
one of my favourite things on the kennel is the
T&A's

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
camdendoggies....

Thank you for being so upfront and honest in creating this thread.

As a part time superhero, and part time moderator (thus my tag on the left), I'm interested to read of your grievances.

More to the point though, on the bottom left hand side of every single post, there is a little triangle with an exclamation mark on it. If you feel a post is going overboard (trolling/bait posting/abusive/disgusting), in other words breaking the forum rules, then click that button and alert a moderator to the post and they will review it and take appropriate action.

Whilst we have (and its not just because I am one), one of the best group of moderators around for a forum this size, we are always happy to discuss in private any reported post by a user, to see if action is required. This all said, we aren't actually super heroes (sorry if that first comment got you all excited), and as such don't have the ability to read and see every post, in every thread, in every forum. We do our best, but then we are only human. Perhaps, to help us out, posting up some links to the comments that have offended you, would be a good start.

You can't build a home from nothing, you need foundations, floors, walls, a roof, and people to build it. The foundation is this forum, the forum admins are the floor, the mods are the walls and roof, and the people that build it are our posters. We have said goodbye to some members before, because unfortunately you can't please everyone. Some we've helped out the door because they were nothing but trouble, whilst others have left by slamming the door and stomping away.

We all bleed the same blue and white blood here, without it we wouldn't have a great forum to discuss our REAL heroes.. the guys out there on the field every weekend, bruising their bodies up for our entertainment.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just realised that I can report my own posts.... how much do I hate myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.