Please don't f**k up management..

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hazmak

Booooooring.. We've been doing it for years. For once, we have the money. Why not buy an Inu or a Folau?

I'm not suggesting waste all the money on them. I don't think anyone would. But I would throw $300k Folau's way and about the same for Inu as as well.
LOL! If you think those blokes will go for less than 350k, you're dreaming. Every club in the NRL will be chasing them.

H

Haztrick

Mustang: Because our backline is fairly sh*t compared to others.. We have a chance to have a superstar like SBW in our forwards as well as a superstar in the back line.. Why not?

Hazmak, $350k for an 18 year old in his second year is huge. Both Izzy and Inu would only be on $50k. A $300k upgrade sounds pretty good to me if was in their situation.

H

Hazmak

Because our backline is fairly sh*t compared to others.. We have a chance to have a superstar like SBW in our forwards as well as a superstar in the back line.. Why not?
I'm so happy you're not managing the club.

You have GREAT passion, which is terrific, but no idea about business / corporations / ROI

H

Hazmak

Mustang: Because our backline is fairly sh*t compared to others.. We have a chance to have a superstar like SBW in our forwards as well as a superstar in the back line.. Why not?

Hazmak, $350k for an 18 year old in his second year is huge. Both Izzy and Inu would only be on $50k. A $300k upgrade sounds pretty good to me if was in their situation.
Yes, if you were in their situation. McNichol got offered 200k without ever playing a second of FG. These guys are BOTH game-breaking internationals. SBW's 1st contract was 400k. Folau will be on the same money, Inu will be close, if not on par.

FFS, if Ben Ross was on 400k! How much do you think people will be throwing at Folau?!

H

Haztrick

I'm so happy you're not managing the club.

You have GREAT passion, which is terrific, but no idea about business / corporations / ROI
Dude, we've been buying juniors for years and years.. Folkes doesn't use them ffs. He sticks with Phelps and Morrin and Cleal rather than guys like Nanai.. Our juniors that we always invest in.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Man after watching the chan 9 report on Mason and the interview from Oaks day. The bloke couldn't give a toss about the club. Saying the culture has changed in the last 3 years. How has it? What has caused it?

I've come to the realisation that we've lost a pretty damn good and quite team lifting player.
With the list we had at one stage: Price, Asotasi, Thurston, O'meley, Mason, Sherwin, Anasta, Myles and co we've really stuffed up chances of winning more premierships.

Namely in '03 when we lost to roosters 28-18 in the prelim final and in '06 when we squandered a 20-6 lead.

Gonna take a while to rebuild I believe.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
if the dogs want to play it smart they should wait until mid season 2008 when Nathan Brown gets sacked as coach by St George

then all the players will want to be released from their contracts and if the dogs are losing half the team as everyone keeps saying then we should get the first pick out of all there best players

it will be like the Newcastle situation that happened this year imo
just you wait I bet something like that is gonna happen

if news limited have anything to do with it
dirt will be dug up on a club or 2 for mid season controversy

it happens every year

H

Hazmak

Dude, we've been buying juniors for years and years.. Folkes doesn't use them ffs. He sticks with Phelps and Morrin and Cleal rather than guys like Nanai.. Our juniors that we always invest in.
Then get rid of Folkes. Folau will be on 400k for his next contract.

Mustang

lol
Reaction score

yeah but it doesn't necessarily need to be one of them..i doubt they'll come here..

and they'll want too much $

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah but it doesn't necessarily need to be one of them..i doubt they'll come here..

and they'll want too much $
We have the $$$$ now.
The rumour I have heard is that Hayne is basically signed at Souths because of his Dads influence (Manoa Thompson). Folau should be the one to throw everything at.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think wait until the mid season of next year when Nathan Brown gets fired and the best St George players want out of their contracts

I'm sure they wouldnt mind converting from Red and white to blue and white

I know a few people who stopped supporting the Bulldogs to support St George and vice versa

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm...how about, instead of spending the 900k on two "superstars" (Hayne isn't a superstar, he's a fkn diving cat!), we spend it on young kids with LOTS of potential.

The dogs rarely buy stars, as the return on investment is low.
hazsmack i see why my brother calls you a smart leb now!

aad just likes to live in a fantasy land.. we won't be spending 300/400k on a back.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh pay me 900k and ill play 4 them ffs

Philme

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would love to see Phelps in the lock position, he would be sleeping longer than mundine!! lol

Phelps is not worth any money we are spending on him and we should have already let him go!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
keep kane...he was having an awesome season up until his injury..personally i think we deserves the extention of his contract

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Considering Sherwin is now gone, Mason all but gone, Tonga can go an so can ughes, it means we have an absolute bucket full of cash to spend for season 09..

Unless both improve by a country mile: Please don't re-sign Morrin. Please don't re-sign Phelps. Please don't re-sign Cleal.

Get out there and buy the best. For once, let's make a superstar signing.. Folau or Inu, Hayne even. Get a good prop while your at it. Luke Douglas is pretty mad.

Please management, do us proud.
imo bulldogs have a very slim chance to retain any of those 3 players to move to belmore.

H

Haztrick

imo bulldogs have a very slim chance to retain any of those 3 players to move to belmore.
People keep saying this but I want to know why? We have bucket loads of cash and they are off contract. It's not like we're a sh*t team with no chance (ie, Raiders, who's marquee signing was Joel Monaghan). With guys like Sonny Bill, why wouldn't other players want to join us?

Let me guess, the Roosters are interested in all of them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.