Please don't f**k up management..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we want Phelps in the backrow when we have the best backrow in the comp plus more good young talent coming through?
I didn't say I want him there over others - just see how he goes - if he gets the opportunity. He signed a one year deal. I am willing to give the bloke a go first before writing him off.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, sign Inu, Folau and Douglas. Would be great for the future. Of course if a new young halfback comes along and Groom and Barba don't make the cut sign them up.

Who is the next Andrew Johns?
I like the sound of the first three signings :o

Btw WHY would any of you want Phelps resigned?

He was shown up on countless times by wingers of CLASS, Folau and Inu come to mind.

He will NOT be an assest to the club, he'd be a liability.

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say I want him there over others - just see how he goes - if he gets the opportunity. He signed a one year deal. I am willing to give the bloke a go first before writing him off.
Me too, but if he leaves the club I certainly won't be too worried.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as theres a plan.
Barba and Groom seem lke their too young.
Holdsworth and Roberts as a combo were a joke last year, blind cant lead the blind.
If this Sullivan moves into half, we need a replacement hooker on the bench... issues galore atm

Add losing a quality prop in Mason, when were already lacking in the props. Hopefully theres some solutions soon

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So? Utai has always been consitently good. Not just solid, but good.

Remember his return this year against Newcastle (where he went on to break his leg). He was voted M.O.M was he not? Or possibly second, behind Mason (who played something like 76 minutes of the match)
oh. my. god.

you know there is two sides to a game of football, one where you run with the ball and try to score and the other where you try and stop the opposition (thats the other team) from running and scoring

it's fascinating really.

considering utai doesn't do either of them exceptionally well but does one exceptionally badly, i'd like to know what traits he has which allow you to consider him a 'good' player and please try and keep it to the last 12 months as we all know what he was like when he was at this best prior to the bad ankles

D_sab

Ballboy
Reaction score
from 3 international props down to 0... (all inthe past year)

Offseason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as theres a plan.
Barba and Groom seem lke their too young.
Holdsworth and Roberts as a combo were a joke last year, blind cant lead the blind.
If this Sullivan moves into half, we need a replacement hooker on the bench... issues galore atm

Add losing a quality prop in Mason, when were already lacking in the props. Hopefully theres some solutions soon
Just don't expect too much from next year. Hopefully we find some diamonds in the rough and sign some superstars, thats all i'm hoping for

Timyone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man we have lost 5 internationalforwards lately!! (well myles isnt international, but he plays for queensland!)

H

Haztrick

oh. my. god.

you know there is two sides to a game of football, one where you run with the ball and try to score and the other where you try and stop the opposition (thats the other team) from running and scoring

it's fascinating really.

considering utai doesn't do either of them exceptionally well but does one exceptionally badly, i'd like to know what traits he has which allow you to consider him a 'good' player and please try and keep it to the last 12 months as we all know what he was like when he was at this best prior to the bad ankles
Great meter eater. Power house with the ability to trample mostly anyone. He gets us out of trouble and is near unstoppable close to the line.

Last 12 months? Ok then. Utai averages 132.5 meters a match from an average of 11 runs (both hitups and from dummy half) as well as an average of 7 tackles a match with 1.75 missed. Phelps averages 78.27 meters a match from an average of 9 runs as well as an average of 5.18 tackles and 1.55 missed.

D_sab

Ballboy
Reaction score
I just hope the supporters come to every game and do what bulldogs fans do best... which is support one of the best teams in the NRL :grinning:
thats my concern here, i hope there wont be a backlash of supporters not coming to the games. That would stuff everything up!

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with aad

the highlight of phelps' career that i can remember is getting knocked out against the warriors causing them to have a player sent off..

As atomic crimson says though his best position is lock/5'8th.. and phelps hasn't had anytime in those positions. He definately isn't a centre.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh. my. god.

it's fascinating really.

Not trying to insult you or anything, but are you really suggesting Phelps offers more than Utai?

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Phelps should get first shot at Millard's centre position since he's out till rd 4. He's a good enough player.

When was he ever a forward though?? Five-Eighth yes, but no lock. I played cricket with him as well up until 2005, the biggest he's ever been is the size he's been in first grade.

H

Haztrick

Phelps over Nanai? No way. Nanai is the kind of back we have been craving for years... Tall, fast, strong and can take a high ball.

H

Hazmak

Ummm...how about, instead of spending the 900k on two "superstars" (Hayne isn't a superstar, he's a fkn diving cat!), we spend it on young kids with LOTS of potential.

The dogs rarely buy stars, as the return on investment is low.

D

D0ggyStylz

Nanai hasnt shown us nothing yet.

Currently...

Phelps> Nanai

H

Haztrick

Ummm...how about, instead of spending the 900k on two "superstars" (Hayne isn't a superstar, he's a fkn diving cat!), we spend it on young kids with LOTS of potential.

The dogs rarely buy stars, as the return on investment is low.
Booooooring.. We've been doing it for years. For once, we have the money. Why not buy an Inu or a Folau?

I'm not suggesting waste all the money on them. I don't think anyone would. But I would throw $300k Folau's way and about the same for Inu as as well.

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
i don't know why everyone, well most want falou, inu and hayne so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.