Players confirmed to be leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw on the dogs snapchat that at today's game there is cardboard cutouts of players where you can write a departing msg. Lichaa, Phillips, Garvey, Kasiano and Reynolds. How would those players leaving affect our cap? Really shows how bad they really fucked it up. Considering that both Garvey and Phillips would be on about $100,000. Lichaa $300,000. Reynolds on $500,000. And Kas signed a big deal that we will have to still pay, but say we're still paying half his contract $300,000. I'm guessing that there's 1.3 mil gone. Yet we still have to shed players. Dumb management.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope someone signs Lichaa, he deserves another shot. Sure he's no Cameron Smith but there's no doubt Hasler didn't help his development at all. Garvey and Phillips would also be good back-ups somewhere.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With both Garvey and lichaa gone I'm guessing brown will be our 9?

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I AM HEARING YOU soon as we get rid of those two the better what poor management . unforgivable heads need to roll big time

Reactions: DT

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I would like to know is...
If James Graham ends up leaving, when do we get to farewell him?? When do we see his name on a grandstand? When does he get chaired off the field? When does he get a lap of honour for the fans to say thanks?? He has played almost as many 1st grade games for the dogs as Reynolds... when do we sign cardboard cut outs?? He is our captain for fucks sake!!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What I would like to know is...
If James Graham ends up leaving, when do we get to farewell him?? When do we see his name on a grandstand? When does he get chaired off the field? When does he get a lap of honour for the fans to say thanks?? He has played almost as many 1st grade games for the dogs as Reynolds... when do we sign cardboard cut outs?? He is our captain for fucks sake!!
And that's what took him down.. The guy is an animal that doesn't need to think or need responsibilities just wreck stuff. Making him captain stunted him in hindsight.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They wont clear up.any cap space.. most of them.like Reynolds Lichaa were off contract anyway...

The others wouldnt be on much coin

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Stanley??
He won't be resigned either I would think.
He has to be on $200k minimum?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Phillips and Garvey would make no difference at all, as they'd be on close to minimum wage, and would have to be replaced in our top 30 by someone else.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
shame phillips is leaving, there's not really a spot for him in first grade but he's a handy fill in and he's found form in the ISP team. He has dropped down the pecking order though so I can understand why he would leave.

Also shame about Garvey leaving, I like our ISP team but there's not a first grade spot for them here and I guess they have to explore any opportunities they can find at another club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Announce Lichaa 3 year extension.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Announce Lichaa 3 year extension.
Like it or not, Lichaa showed today he can play footy. His defence was solid as usual but his running from DH was very good. Even his passing was pretty good today. It seems like the stint in the reggies gave him the confidence he has been lacking all year and now he is leaving.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
shame phillips is leaving, there's not really a spot for him in first grade but he's a handy fill in and he's found form in the ISP team. He has dropped down the pecking order though so I can understand why he would leave.

Also shame about Garvey leaving, I like our ISP team but there's not a first grade spot for them here and I guess they have to explore any opportunities they can find at another club.
Yeah no spots for Garvey and Phillips in first grade for any team, they are not good enough

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like it or not, Lichaa showed today he can play footy. His defence was solid as usual but his running from DH was very good. Even his passing was pretty good today. It seems like the stint in the reggies gave him the confidence he has been lacking all year and now he is leaving.
All of our players could/can play footy.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All of our players could/can play footy.
True. The Mozzes both showed toe today. Even heard Brett say in an interview after the game how good it was to get ball in space for a change, and what about Hoppa's backing up and cut out passes for the tries. May not have scored but set up 3 of them.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, But he is playing for a future at another club too don't forget.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, But he is playing for a future at another club too don't forget.
Agree, but the point is most on here think he can't play and today he demonstrated that he can. He seems to be a lot more solid now than at the beginning of the year. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing but it worked for him today.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True. The Mozzes both showed toe today. Even heard Brett say in an interview after the game how good it was to get ball in space for a change, and what about Hoppa's backing up and cut out passes for the tries. May not have scored but set up 3 of them.
We just played a little more direct and with more energy and that gave our edges more space. Manly were awful but it's still an achievement for this team to run in that many tries based on this season lol. A new environment would work wonders for our players, hopefully the club makes the right call and gives Des the boot.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We just played a little more direct and with more energy and that gave our edges more space. Manly were awful but it's still an achievement for this team to run in that many tries based on this season lol. A new environment would work wonders for our players, hopefully the club makes the right call and gives Des the boot.
Agree the energy and direct route was noticeable. Brenko gave Kelly a bath as our back 5 finally got good ball and space.

Perhaps the players feel more secure now and know Des is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.