News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How about we replace pussy with determination/effort? Some of his lacklustre efforts at marker (for the opposition to score tries) were definite signs of lack of determination
Name a player who hasn't shown that at times for us in recent years. It's called a lack of belief and that starts at the top. Even guys from winning cultures like Kikau, Reed and the much maligned Burton have been caught napping at times.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Name a player who hasn't shown that at times for us in recent years. It's called a lack of belief and that starts at the top. Even guys from winning cultures like Kikau, Reed and the much maligned Burton have been caught napping at times.
Massive difference mate, they're established players, and yes established players sometimes rest on their laurels

But if you're a junior/reserve grader, given a chance in 1st grade, you squeeze every drop of blood from a rock to prove yourself. That's the attitude you expect from your reserves to prove themselves, e.g. Preston, Kiraz, Wilson, Morrin. Jackson didn't have that.

Nor should that attitude drip down from established players to your reserves, if anything that should motivate the reserve even more to take the spot of a lazy established player

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Massive difference mate, they're established players, and yes established players sometimes rest on their laurels

But if you're a junior/reserve grader, given a chance in 1st grade, you squeeze every drop of blood from a rock to prove yourself. That's the attitude you expect from your reserves to prove themselves, e.g. Preston, Kiraz, Wilson, Morrin. Jackson didn't have that.

Nor should that attitude drip down from established players to your reserves, if anything that should motivate the reserve even more to take the spot of a lazy established player
I disagree. Standards filter from the top down. And Morrin has produced some lazy and sloppy defence so far in his short career. He has still shown plenty, and I'm definitely not writing him off....he runs off the back fence and will probably become a really solid first grader for us. But the point is, most young players will produce sloppy plays from time to time when the rot sets in. Not every young player is a Preston or Kiraz who take to first grade like ducks to water.

Look, you obviously don't have much time for Topine as a player, and that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not looking to debate you on that, I'm not even a huge fan of his as a player.

But he seems like a genuinely good bloke who is entitled to a lot more consideration and respect than a lot of people on this thread are showing him. The forum shouldn't be picking apart the character of a guy who has been on mental health leave for six months Irrespective of what you think of him as a player, surely you can see that isn't right.

As for the training incident, as I said, I will let it run its course, but based on what I have heard, I don't think he is in the wrong.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Get your hand off it.

Gus came to a club struggling, that had no juniors and needed a clear out of the playing group. He took some gambles on some players, gave them an opportunity to take and then when it didn't work out, he dumped them. It was completely to be expected in how he managed the roster of a club that had been down the bottom for 7 years.

@Flanagun is a genuine poster, I've gotten along with him ever since I joined this forum in 2016, and he genuinely cares about the club

But you and 04dreaming are agenda driven muppets. While I may not have posted for a long time, I have been lurking.

Groups who oppose you are blinded muppets too (because flanagun does raise valid concerns which are falsely accused as trolling), but you and 04dreaming are agenda driven muppets.
Don't kbow much about @04 Dreaming, but I like @Polly Power, fam.

I've had some chats with him, and while he is very disgruntled, finds it hard to hide his disapproval of the current direction of the club, and can be a bit... shall we say, relentless with his posts, he was once a very passionate supporter.

PS thanks for going into bat for me.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree. Standards filter from the top down. And Morrin has produced some lazy and sloppy defence so far in his short career. He has still shown plenty, and I'm definitely not writing him off....he runs off the back fence and will probably become a really solid first grader for us. But the point is, most young players will produce sloppy plays from time to time when the rot sets in. Not every young player is a Preston or Kiraz who take to first grade like ducks to water.

Look, you obviously don't have much time for Topine as a player, and that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not looking to debate you on that, I'm not even a huge fan of his as a player.

But he seems like a genuinely good bloke who is entitled to a lot more consideration and respect than a lot of people on this thread are showing him. The forum shouldn't be picking apart the character of a guy who has been on mental health leave for six months Irrespective of what you think of him as a player, surely you can see that isn't right.

As for the training incident, as I said, I will let it run its course, but based on what I have heard, I don't think he is in the wrong.
Morrin won't make it either, love his effort and attitude, but he's too small for his position. Just won't happen.

But there's a marked difference between the effort plays of Morrin and Topine.

As I said, Gus signed players based on what was needed and prospect level. No one is saying he gets it right 100% of the time, but given we need a top 30 and backup (reserves) 30, signing had to be made, some who he may have seen as no prospect but signed nonetheless because he had to fill numbers and they were cheap.

Again I'm not commenting on what happens behind the scenes, just from on field play, he's had ample chances and has not given any indication that he has a future in 1st grade. Morrin has shown he's got tremendous effort but IMO he's just too small.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't kbow much about @04 Dreaming, but I like @Polly Power, fam.

I've had some chats with him, and while he is very disgruntled, finds it hard to hide his disapproval of the current direction of the club, and can be a bit... shall we say, relentless with his posts, he was once a very passionate supporter.

PS thanks for going into bat for me.
Nah bro, he goes down the line of blaming Gus for everything. In the trial match thread, he stated that Gus will release his team at 4pm.

There's been other comments like that from him (I've been lurking), there's quite clearly some posters here who are trying to cause discontent in trying to get the current board removed. No interest in the actual best interest of the club, just clearly trying to fan the flames of discontent against the current board.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah bro, he goes down the line of blaming Gus for everything. In the trial match thread, he stated that Gus will release his team at 4pm.

There's been other comments like that from him (I've been lurking), there's quite clearly some posters here who are trying to cause discontent in trying to get the current board removed. No interest in the actual best interest of the club, just clearly trying to fan the flames of discontent against the current board.
Mans back because United won 4 games in a row :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
regardless of inside information… purely based on public information… I am just asking why Dreaming and Polly are supporting one player, yet calling another player weak, when they both have openly shown their respective mental struggles.
Mahoney thinking to himself that he wished he stayed at the eels is in no world a comparable ‘mental struggle’ to Topine who has had to withdraw from his day to day work due to a serious mental health battle. Ur pathetic comparison is an insult to topine

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mahoney thinking to himself that he wished he stayed at the eels is in no world a comparable ‘mental struggle’ to Topine who has had to withdraw from his day to day work due to a serious mental health battle. Ur pathetic comparison is an insult to topine
“I probably put a bit too much on my shoulders that I was going to come here and do that, it was hard of course…. But when you’ve got really good people around you, coaches and players, and you see where we are going and the people you have coming you just keep working every day.”

Um, this is what he said, to which you called him weak and immature.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right, you were there, I forgot you were the tick stuck on Topine's testicles when he was 'abused'... boohoo. I guess the 'tick' knows all after all.
Yep.. Clearly the club tied him to a chair while making him play Russian Roulette with 5 bullets.. All will be revealed once the footage is released by the club.. I have a leaked version here..

View attachment 102196
@mods this thread has run its course shut it down. the insults directed at Topine throughout as well as others now making light of the situation it beyond disgraceful taste

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@mods this thread has run its course shut it down. the insults directed at Topine throughout as well as others now making light of the situation it beyond disgraceful taste
Lol, but there was no issue in calling Mahoney weak and immature, and no call from you to close that thread down?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, but there was no issue in calling Mahoney weak and immature, and no call from you to close that thread down?
Saying he had momentary mid season regrets about joining us is weak leadership yes I stand by that statment

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Buzz is part of the jury the club might actually profit of the case

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thread ran its course ages ago with your agenda all the way through it.. People are making fun of your wild accusations of inside knowledge of excessive abuse, not Topine's situation

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saying he had momentary mid season regrets about joining us is weak leadership yes I stand by that statment
Ah no, he said he had taken too much on his shoulders, and was thankful he had those around him to help… you are happy to just ignore that to justify your response?… fuck me, and you went on a rant earlier in this thread about hoping some on this forum don’t have children who might have mental challenges??

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Because he genuinely believes we'd be better off without Gus... and a few others at the club. He's a genuine dude. Albeit one with different opinions to most on here.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Morrin won't make it either, love his effort and attitude, but he's too small for his position. Just won't happen.

But there's a marked difference between the effort plays of Morrin and Topine.

As I said, Gus signed players based on what was needed and prospect level. No one is saying he gets it right 100% of the time, but given we need a top 30 and backup (reserves) 30, signing had to be made, some who he may have seen as no prospect but signed nonetheless because he had to fill numbers and they were cheap.

Again I'm not commenting on what happens behind the scenes, just from on field play, he's had ample chances and has not given any indication that he has a future in 1st grade. Morrin has shown he's got tremendous effort but IMO he's just too small.
Ok, that's your opinion, and I'm not even arguing it. Doesn't mean it's cool for people to go around calling him weak and a pussy when he has documented mental health issues. Mental health matters.

I never said he's a superstar, or even that he should be at the club moving forward. All I said is some of the comments on here are pretty low.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry clown. You don’t get to call time on when the thread gets closed. If anything the title should be changed to ‘more clown propaganda’. You’ve even been called out by a mod!

Your constant anti sentiment towards the club is disgusting

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Ok, that's your opinion, and I'm not even arguing it. Doesn't mean it's cool for people to go around calling him weak and a pussy when he has documented mental health issues. Mental health matters.

I never said he's a superstar, or even that he should be at the club moving forward. All I said is some of the comments on here are pretty low.
Get off you high horse piss pot. You have don’t nothing but put shit on CC , Gus and JK . If they come out and said the stress has caused mental health issues would you change your tune. ? I Doubt it, so STFU !

Status
Not open for further replies.