News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All you did is draw a false equivalence between a living player who is being aggressively and maliciously vilified on here, and a young player who tragically passed away and is receiving universal sympathy. The circumstances surrounding the former players’ death are still under investigation. There’s nothing at all wrong or hypocritical about waiting for all the details to come out.

For the third time today, I am not asking you to make any negative judgments about the club. All I am asking you to do is hold off on judging Topine until details surrounding the incident emerge.

I have made a concerted effort to be more positive in my posts about the club recently. I know you have noticed that, because you have liked a number of my posts. All I have done is ask you not to judge a young bloke until you know the full story and you start insulting me and calling me a hypocrite.

No offence, but I’m not going to reply to any more of your posts on this matter. You seem unwilling of unable to discuss it in a mature, respectful manner. The tribalism is strong in you, bro.
What kind of circumstances bro? It seems like pretty common team sport standards weren’t met with consequences that are universally used.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me. Honestly, I will take no joy in it. But I do think Topine deserves to be heard given some of the rubbish being talked about him.

Having said that, Rothfield is an agenda driven, bitter old man. No doubt in my mind about that.
Do you remember him celebrating the odd first grade win when he wasn't even on the bench? Showed so much emotion, good emotion. Unfortunately, people who get an emotional high easily are often the ones that fall in to depression just as easily hence the reaction after what was probably an embarrassing moment for him having to face punishment in front of his piers . Not blaming him or anyone for the current situation but my guess is he wants a full payout of his contract and the club is baulking at that. For his sake, I hope he gets some good advice, settles with the club and moves on with his life. Good luck to the young fella.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the player in question won't score a future NRL deal is crazy. If it's the player people allege he's only 22. Players have waltzed back into Top 30 squads after four year bans. Another player who's in his mid 30's is on train & trial at the Roosters of all clubs after a 3yr ban. Player managers control the game. Again if it's the player alleged his manager looks after some very elite players including one who showed little interest in wanting to come to our club very recently. I tip he will be at another club once the matter is settled. I don't think it's fair the alleged player is being attacked. According to the article it's a legal matter it's in the hands of lawyers don't add to potential damages claims. We've only heard one side of the story. It's sad people in here have no care for mental health. It's not a laughing matter. It's not a harden up matter.

SunnyCoastDOGG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the player in question won't score a future NRL deal is crazy. If it's the player people allege he's only 22. Players have waltzed back into Top 30 squads after four year bans. Another player who's in his mid 30's is on train & trial at the Roosters of all clubs after a 3yr ban. Player managers control the game. Again if it's the player alleged his manager looks after some very elite players including one who showed little interest in wanting to come to our club very recently. I tip he will be at another club once the matter is settled. I don't think it's fair the alleged player is being attacked. According to the article it's a legal matter it's in the hands of lawyers don't add to potential damages claims. We've only heard one side of the story. It's sad people in here have no care for mental health. It's not a laughing matter. It's not a harden up matter.
you’re telling me you’d sign him on an NRL deal after this? Even before all this he was a fringe first grader at a bottom 4 club. What clubs will be lining up to sign him?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you’re telling me you’d sign him on an NRL deal after this? Even before all this he was a fringe first grader at a bottom 4 club. What clubs will be lining up to sign him?
Players who get lengthy bans or have off field records walk into NRL squads. His manager will get him a deal as part of another deal. Player Managers run the game. This page doesn't represent the NRL reality. There will be someone out there who cares about mental well being. Not in here no care at all. In the NRL absolutely.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, should have known you’d throw your 2 cents in… all the usual suspects lol

I have not gone out of my way to paint the club in a negative light. I have expressed genuine misgivings about the recent decision making of the two people running the team and the club’s footy operations. I have also made a concerted effort to tone that negativity down because I’m aware it grates on a lot of people here. (Not because I was threatened by mods, as you implied in a previous passive aggressive comment… I made that decision, myself.)

Having said that, I am not going to sit back and say nothing while people pile onto and attack the character of a young player who has been on mental health leave for six months. Especially knowing what I know.

I haven’t said a single negative thing about the club in this thread. Let alone say it committed a “hideous crime” as you suggest in your very hyperbolic post. All I have said is that there is more to the story than is currently public knowledge, and the people on here attacking Topine’s character should refrain from doing so until the full story emerges.

I am only going to say this one more time. I’m not going to divulge my source. I was told what I know in confidence and the trust of the person who gave me this information means a hell of a lot more to me than the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the internet who clearly don’t like me anyway.

I really don’t care how much credibility I have in your eyes. You hold no credibility in my eyes. We reached an agreement we would not engage with each other months ago, and while I have done my best to stay true to my word, you have continued to talk about me behind my back and try to engage me in direct comments. It is clear you are a person who can not be taken at your word.

You talk about a possible financial windfall for Topine? This incident may well have cost him an NRL career. He has every right to take it to court and try to establish he has been wronged if that’s what he believes. And clearly if is what he and his legal team believe.

The fact you are coming at me, who has said nothing recently except that people should avoid making insulting and derogatory comments about a guy who has clearly had a rough run of things lately in terms of his mental health, rather than calling out some of the toxic and over the top comments being directed at Topine on this thread really speaks volumes about your character, mate.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’m going back to trying to ignore you. I’d suggest you stay true to your word and do the same. If you continue to talk negatively to or about me, you will be reported for bait posting. These new community guidelines apply just as much to you as they do to the rest of us.
Instead of blurting out all this long winded nonsense .. it would have been easier to do what I’ve just done ..

Hit the ignore button … gave you the benefit of the doubt last time … this time it’s a permanent ignore, with the rest of the crew/accounts ..

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players who get lengthy bans or have off field records walk into NRL squads. His manager will get him a deal as part of another deal. Player Managers run the game. This page doesn't represent the NRL reality. There will be someone out there who cares about mental well being. Not in here no care at all. In the NRL absolutely.
There are also UFC fighters with records who work with NRL teams but that doesn’t suit your narrative in this thread like it did in the other one

Nice one clown.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are also UFC fighters with records who work with NRL teams but that doesn’t suit your narrative in this thread like it did in the other one

Nice one clown.
Be careful he might say you have multiple accounts and you use all of them to attack him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Said players were established NRL first graders to begin with unlike the young man in question.
Quite the difference Polly.
Not saying young JT will never get another deal but comparing him to Xerri as you’ve done is night and day. Xerri owned his mistake, focused on staying fit and was determined to return to the NRL. That alone shows a mental strength which fhe other young man may simply not be capable of - and that’s not knocking nor taking mental health seriously - it’s just reality. The suggestion player managers can fix everything is silly.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think you need to harden up , and face the fact it was not a mental heath issue to start with.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the clowns certainly would make great football managers and coaches.

Their squad would be shaping up nicely with Flange, RFM, Davey, Averillo, Topine and Waddell leading the way lmfao.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think what needs to be determined whether a mental health issue is at stake, or is it just a lack of ability?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You have just spent about 4 hours putting this piece of garbage post together encouraging people to talk negatively to you by talking negatively about a Member with common sense. I am hopefully another ban for you is just around the corner?
Yeah, don’t think I can get banned for finally replying to someone who has taken passive aggressive potshots at me for months and just did it again … but dreams are free. Keep reaching for that rainbow.

Last edited:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, don’t think I can get banned for replying to someone who has taken passive aggressive potshots at me for months … but dreams are free. Keep searching for that rainbow.
@Flanagun you have never attacked anyone and not called anyone names. You can’t get banned for a different opinion. I’m sure people have reported me dozens of times I’ve never ever a message from a mod. This place is moderated quite well. Someone who said they blocked me jumped on an alternate account to reply :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve said nothing but I want the best for the kid, but if he wants to take the club to court then I hope he loses.
Fair enough, bro. All I’m asking is that people stop hating on the guy. Apart from that, I’m more than happy to let things run their course.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could there be more to the story? Perhaps. But some people are assuming the club water boarded him and ripped off his fingernails with pliers.. Whatever the case, hopefully it's resolved soon as the story has dragged on long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.