Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Who is the try scoring machine that is overrated?
2. If the best goal kicker didn’t contribute on field apart from goal kicking yet is held as the best on clubs history than mark my words that is true.
3. Just speed alone won’t do it. Dwayne Chambers tried to play super league and couldn’t crack beyond his trial. Brett Dallas couldn’t hold a first grade spot. Joe Burgess was considered a fail here. Leon Bott was as fast as JAC and he is don’t play firsts with us.
And why am I the only one who’s called for us to try poach Carlin Isles? That tells me you know it too.
4.,trolling? Call me passionate. Call me controversial, call me influenced by substances buy one thing you can never do is call me a troll with a straight face.
1. Elmasri was a try scoring machine, record speaks for itself.
2. Elmasri best goal kicker of all time again record speaks for itself and did contribute with his defence.
3. Speed can’t be trained, 9 times out of 10 if he makes a break it’s a try.
If there is an overlap is a try .
Chip and chase leads to try.
4. Troll with a straight face

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say most on here love the Fox and rate him as highly as anyone in the team or the NRL for that matter, but if there was an opportunity to pick up a world class middle in a market void of quality middles, our lack thereof a good middle - realistically, our current starting middles come off the bench for 16 other teams - and factoring in we have plenty of backline stock to cover for wing…. It just makes good business sense. In saying that, I’d rather keep Fox and try and find a disgruntled middle or teams with cap pressure and negotiate a few deals. I think that is what Gus is trying to do..
Exactly this just have to weigh up the opportunities, but we need a pack so badly.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton at least tries his best every game & has won titles. RM doesn't try his best every game, doesn't care about winning or losing & is selfish.
Fancy saying to the inside source he doesn’t know about any bulldogs interest but would go if it was for more money. Says it all about the bloke. If Gus and Ciraldo are about changing the culture Matterson should not be on their hit list

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's obviously not true haha. Honestly I don't care at this point, he's a winger and I don't think we're getting great value out of him. Just get it sorted asap and move on.
You like spreading BS don’t you :tearsofjoy:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fancy saying to the inside source he doesn’t know about any bulldogs interest but would go if it was for money. Says it all about the bloke. If Gus and Ciraldo are about changing the culture Matterson should not be on their hit list
Theoretically, spot on…. But let’s face it, footy players only move for money or opportunity, the established ones only move for money so he’s just calling it as it is.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theoretically, spot on…. But let’s face it, footy players only move for money or opportunity, the established ones only move for money so he’s just calling it as it is.
Yep but all his actions in his career about more money he’s not about club. JAC I’d like to keep but if he is truly on the market for a swap deal we can swap him for an actual need and a player that would fit the club culture better. This bloke whinged at the tigers cause they trained too hard!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but all his actions in his career about more money he’s not about club. JAC I’d like to keep but if he is truly on the market for a swap deal we can swap him for an actual need and a player that would fit the club culture better. This bloke whinged at the tigers cause they trained too hard!!
Don’t disagree - I too have some query around what he may bring culturally RE attitude/behaviours… though no doubt he’s a quality player, consistency would be key. Are we a better team with him in it? Yes… but I’d much rather an actual middle… Curran fills lock nicely and that should pave the way for middles - Jordan Maclean and Saifiti would be outstanding pick ups given the lack of any decent props

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the socials they are actually trying to keep Matterson and hope to offload Paulo to us
Hmmm interesting. I probably still wouldn't do it. We can't afford to lose our fastest and best try scorer. I don't know why we don't seem to be pursuing McLean. There was a report yesterday he's re-signing for the Cows for 1 year for unders. I'm still hoping we get Daniel Saifiti. Then for 2025 we should be going for one of Terrell May, Jacob Saifiti, Lodge, Hamlin-Uele or Rudolph

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. I probably still wouldn't do it. We can't afford to lose our fastest and best try scorer. I don't know why we don't seem to be pursuing McLean. There was a report yesterday he's re-signing for the Cows for 1 year for unders. I'm still hoping we get Daniel Saifiti. Then for 2025 we should be going for one of Terrell May, Jacob Saifiti, Lodge, Hamlin-Uele or Rudolph
Saifiti and Paulo would be incredibly good pick ups - I def take Paulo for Fox given we are top heavy in backs and beyond struggling for middles.

As I’ve stated, hope we do keep Fox and can negotiate or persuade some decent middles for a win/win scenario but if Eels were hypothetically offering up Junior Paulo for Fox, we’d have to be stupid not to take it.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think Canterbury would be nuts not to accept a player swap with Matterson. Addo Carr was very average in 2023, and whilst the Dogs have quite a few backrowers, none are in the class of Matterson. Addo Carr is a winger, he is dispensable. It’s obvious he’s not happy or Gus wants him gone.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally think Canterbury would be nuts not to accept a player swap with Matterson. Addo Carr was very average in 2023, and whilst the Dogs have quite a few backrowers, none are in the class of Matterson. Addo Carr is a winger, he is dispensable. It’s obvious he’s not happy or Gus wants him gone.
You reckon Kikau isn't in the same class as Matterson? Mate what did you have to drink this morning?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kikau says your a clown. Preston will do fine for me too!