Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly feel like Paulo is on the decline, Greig would be the one IMO.
GREIG is definitely the one on their roster with the most upside. I don’t know if they have another up and coming middle better than what we have? GREIG + another middle as a Two for one swap work.

It would be a risky game for Parra to float the idea with Greig if he had no interest in the move. What would that do to his motivation to stay and play with a club that didn’t want him.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foxx isn’t top two.
He’s a one trick pony. Speed. And there is strong evidence to suggest that may be in decline.
Look what he does goes for the intercept every time. Doesn’t cart the ball up strong. Is lazy.
He is great on the end of a strong team. He would have been great for us in 04, but he’s mid tier at best.

The premium wingers in our game are in order;
Young
To’o
Cobbo
Coates
Makinson
Tualalgi
Tupou
Saab
THEN Foxx

Remember in the speed game a small diminish drops u a lot.
UK’s Makinson….good grief, I think these blokes are way in front of him (at a minimum):
Maika Sivo
Ronaldo Mulitalo
Alex Johnston
Sunia Taruva
Jamayne Isaako
Sione Katoa
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Greg Marzhew
Mikaele Ravalava

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
UK’s Makinson….good grief, I think these blokes are way in front of him (at a minimum):
Maika Sivo
Ronaldo Mulitalo
Alex Johnston
Sunia Taruva
Jamayne Isaako
Sione Katoa
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Greg Marzhew
Mikaele Ravalava
Nasheed always has a hard on for the English players.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He better pull his finger out now

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maika Sivo
Ronaldo Mulitalo
Alex Johnston
Sunia Taruva
Jamayne Isaako
Sione Katoa
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Greg Marzhew
Mikaele Ravalava
Soem of them maybe but makinson is a smart player. Look at some of the stuff he did in the WC. It’s been known that nrl teams want him

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we don't have a cap issue
I didn’t say we did. It’s about using the cap the best way possible. Do we need that much in a winger who has defensive lapses, brain snaps etc? He’s an intl and soo player and good, but just think we can use that money more productively somewhere else

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think Canterbury would be nuts not to accept a player swap with Matterson. Addo Carr was very average in 2023, and whilst the Dogs have quite a few backrowers, none are in the class of Matterson. Addo Carr is a winger, he is dispensable. It’s obvious he’s not happy or Gus wants him gone.
We already have Kikau. We don't have another player with the same x-factor capable of making the Australian test team or Origin