Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If The Fox is being disruptive and undermining coach/management, I have no issue with him being shown the door - there's no point in doing things by halves - all the recalcitrants need to go now.

What would, however, be unforgivable is if we fail to capitalise on the situation and obtain an inferior player in return.

Is Matterson a fair trade? Perhaps.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen this lmao .

There's a lot of dramas at the dogs with the fallout from Topine.

(Allegedly) The Polynesian boys met up every week at a cafe , anyone could join in .
Some of the leadership group lead by our old mate Mahoney titled this group the "Monkeys"and referred to them as such.

Theres alot of drama because of it and that playing group is beyond fractured.

Faitala - Mariner and Addo - Carr dramas are a by product of that.

Topine , FR and AC are /were well thought of by the majority of the playing group, Reed not so much.
where’d you hear this dribble

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would definitely take Matterson yall seen the size of him
He is one more head knock away from self identifying as a tub of cottage cheese..no thanks!!
And his decision to take a 3 match suspension rather than pay 2k fine out of his pocket(or whatever the pissy amount was illustrates that he is as far from a team player as you can get (considering he is on serious coin!) Another reason for a hard pass!!

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hope this happens. Matto would make a huge difference to us. As good as the foxx is, an above average middle is much more valuable to us right now than a really good winger. I don't know why matto would do this personally but hopefully he's pissed about the limited minutes at parra and likes the look of a guaranteed starting spot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is obvious is that Gus & Ciraldo realised very early on last year this pack wasn't going to work. We took a flyer on Pele and he could have been anything but unfortunately was a dud.
You think Matto would be effective in our colours?
I think Matterson would be a great signing. He's an Origin calibre forward that has a lot of skill and is tough.. I think Parra haven't used him properly or appreciated him the last few years. He could take his game to another level with a more consistent role at another club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hope this happens. Matto would make a huge difference to us. As good as the foxx is, an above average middle is much more valuable to us right now than a really good winger. I don't know why matto would do this personally but hopefully he's pissed about the limited minutes at parra and likes the look of a guaranteed starting spot.
We need to punch out metres and Matterson can give us that as well as ball play and strong defensive player

Fox only asset is speed and scoring tries, the latter doesn’t happen if you lose the middle

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This journo is reallly reaching. The jac thing was over weeks ago and we know he isnt going anywhere, but guy is talking like we are still thinking of letting him go.

I think the journo is trolling us

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I gotta be honest, I do love JAC and what he brings with his vocal attitude but his form has been pretty mediocre along with the injuries.. I don’t wanna lose him but we do really need forwards and we do have a fuck tonne of backs

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Garbage journalism.. who the fuck floated the idea? Has 3 years left on his contract, eel’s officials said they still want him so there’s no story.. just waisting everyone’s time.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take a top eels forward for the fox, yes we love to get our cocks out for a long range fox try, but alot of people seem to forget that the guy leaks alot of trys too.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to punch out metres and Matterson can give us that as well as ball play and strong defensive player

Fox only asset is speed and scoring tries, the latter doesn’t happen if you lose the middle
He still scored 11 tries from only 15 matches and we lost the middle almost every week. Fox is a finisher, you can’t coach that