Player farewells today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game, they said farewell to Ryan, Warburton, Hogdson, Paea and Idris?

No mention of Roberts? Just an oversight or has he p**sed somebody off?

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
thats abit harsh

steve price was at the game for everyones information

P

Paint.

Im pretty sure it's cos he was a late inclusion, and the speech was written up before the match.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it's cos he was a late inclusion, and the speech was written up before the match.
Aaah, most likely. Good to see someone thinking on here.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW Pricey came up into the Kennel after the game :grinning: Awesome to see him still loving the Dogs :grinning:

Before the game they had a big tribute to all the players departing at seasons end:

Ryan - Retiring
Warburton - ESL
Hogdson - Retiring
Roberts - Parra
Paea - ESL
Idris - Gold Coast
Nanai - ???
Junior Tia-Kilifi - ???
Armit - Parra

Why are two players going to sides that are dead bottom of ladder hahaha??

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FWIW Pricey came up into the Kennel after the game :grinning: Awesome to see him still loving the Dogs :grinning:

Before the game they had a big tribute to all the players departing at seasons end:

Ryan - Retiring
Warburton - ESL
Hogdson - Retiring
Roberts - Parra
Paea - ESL
Idris - Gold Coast
Nanai - ???
Junior Tia-Kilifi - ???
Armit - Parra

Why are two players going to sides that are dead bottom of ladder hahaha??
Mate, Armit's going to Penrith not Parra
Tia-Kilifi rumoured to Roosters
..and not sure about Nanai

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sad to see Paea go. On the other hand our juniors are stars in the making. Bring on 2012.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Yeah noticed that. Good to see Hindmarsh and Cayless there wearing their Bobcat shirts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh really .. I'd heard Parra (back to where we got him). Could be wrong though.

JTK - Roosters or Jets? JTK's problem is he's very inconsistent. Given that Roosters have tremendous amounts of trouble getting the best out of their players (and prefer to just buy ready made players), JTK will struggle there.

Nanai I suspect will go to another NSW Cup side or retire. He was stuck in Bundy cup this year.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nanai? Nanai Who??

the last I heard about this Guy was when Folksie was still coach, was he still hanging around??

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see that the Dogs recognised Tongue as well by giving him one of the match balls.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Good to see that the Dogs recognised Tongue as well by giving him one of the match balls.
Agree. He seemed happy with it too.

Armit was in a few vids but didnt get mentioned much.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I thought they could of done more for Hodgo, he was an after thought after Ryan (understandably) but they gave more attention to Tongue retiring then Hodgo, when the players were doing a lap around at the end, everyone was chanting for Bobcat and Hodgo was walking behind with his kids and me and my mates started a Hodgo chant and he looked up straight away and gave us a thank you, champion bloke.

hotdoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Such a likeable bloke Hodgson is. I felt sorry that he didn't get a kick at goal once Ryan won the second rock off for his second kick.

Wish him all the best in the future.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Warburton going to the Celtic Crusaders who recently had problems with player payments? I definitely hope he's goneskies but just saying...

Paea is a bit saddening but Taupau and Kasiano means he won't be a big loss tbh along with Graham coming in.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Isn't Warburton going to the Celtic Crusaders who recently had problems with player payments? I definitely hope he's goneskies but just saying...

Paea is a bit saddening but Taupau and Kasiano means he won't be a big loss tbh along with Graham coming in.
Crusaders not existant now, think he sorted something out ... Pretty sure he did anyway (another ESL club)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Crusaders not existant now, think he sorted something out ... Pretty sure he did anyway (another ESL club)
I saw Gary at the Leagues club.

Asked him what was happening and he's still unsigned. He was confident something will pop up for him though. He deserves it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
warburton was the target of good words by phil gould i remember this year, perhaps penrith will pick him up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
still its an insult

fox sports had no idea roberts was playing but still were able to adapt and talk about him also being the last to play

Status
Not open for further replies.