10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Williams
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Kasiano
Browne is just stupid and gives away penalties in every 15mins he plays such a waste of a bench spot and Tolman is a human punching bag no wonder he never has played origin doesn't know how to offload.
A utility needs to get on the bench and des has to realise that teams are running riot over our big bodies ...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Player clean out is a difficult proposition for me. For example, for a period I find any number of players to be an invaluable contributors to the team. But other times the very same players cost you tries with his poor reads, shirt grabs and spilled bombs. I am also mindful of the "that's football" argument, but all the other teams in the NRL don't tolerate inconsistently, or consistently bad performances.

You could generally make a case for the entire backline with the exception of Rona for either being consistently out of form and outright plodding adding zero to the team. Players get comfortable when there's no pressure on them. Yes, I have included Josh Morris in this category, and he is in the top echelon of centres in the game. He is no longer a genuine speedster and his tackle breaking ability is underwhelming. He doesn't bust tackles, and I don't buy the excuse that he's bulked up too much to do it. Jamie Lyon is the human equivalent of stay puft but busts the line and creates more opportunities for his outside man than Morris ever does.

As for the forwards, the only players I am content with being guaranteed a spot in the pack are Graham, Klemmer and Jackson.

I'm not saying that X should be sacked. I make that clear now. But the OP put forward the clean out proposition. We have been in a rebuilding phase for 5 years. Some players are well and truly past their best and deserve to be moved on. This begs the question, do we need to rebuild our rebuilding strategy, or more elegantly put - is our current strategy working? You could easily make a case that the strategy has worked - it has earned us two grand finals, but as to the first grand final we were thoroughly out coached, and in the second we were lucky to be there.

Our halves are performing poorly. I accept that. I am also convinced that Hodkinson is gone and will never recapture his pre-knee op form, so something needs to be done there. Whether we give him a break this year to get his knees right, or we look elsewhere.

Ultimately, my view is that we have a number of players that are performing poorly and/or approaching 30+, now is the time to put some succession plans in place. We have a weak NSW Cup side, and our NYC team is the embarrassment of the league. Someone must be held to account in this regard and we should get our house in order before we start pointing the finger at the players themselves.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Player clean out is a difficult proposition for me. For example, for a period I find any number of players to be an invaluable contributors to the team. But other times the very same players cost you tries with his poor reads, shirt grabs and spilled bombs. I am also mindful of the "that's football" argument, but all the other teams in the NRL don't tolerate inconsistently, or consistently bad performances.

You could generally make a case for the entire backline with the exception of Rona for either being consistently out of form and outright plodding adding zero to the team. Players get comfortable when there's no pressure on them. Yes, I have included Josh Morris in this category, and he is in the top echelon of centres in the game. He is no longer a genuine speedster and his tackle breaking ability is underwhelming. He doesn't bust tackles, and I don't buy the excuse that he's bulked up too much to do it. Jamie Lyon is the human equivalent of stay puft but busts the line and creates more opportunities for his outside man than Morris ever does.

As for the forwards, the only players I am content with being guaranteed a spot in the pack are Graham, Klemmer and Jackson.
far call, but josh looks so much better when he has room to move, we are deadest so flat same time he catches the ball he gets tackled at the same time.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
far call, but josh looks so much better when he has room to move, we are deadest so flat same time he catches the ball he gets tackled at the same time.
That's true as well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stop stressing you gooses' We were playing bad and still had the upper hand before Jammer went off. And in the lead up to half time all the video ref hold ups and bullshit calls favoured the chooks... Don't jump back on the wagon when we are firing once the team is full strength.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
After Thompsons efforts tonight. I thought he tried harder than anyone out there.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team will never be full strength with a reserve grader at 7 and a teddy bear in the forwards.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop stressing you gooses' We were playing bad and still had the upper hand before Jammer went off. And in the lead up to half time all the video ref hold ups and bullshit calls favoured the chooks... Don't jump back on the wagon when we are firing once the team is full strength.
It is true to a certain extent what you say here. But in our squad last night we had 13 out of 17 who have played representative football, 12 of them in the last season and a half and our play is boring, predictable and lazy. Next week we are probably going to be missing jmoz, klemmer and the workaholic Jackson who will be the biggest loss against a big raiders pack smelling blood in the water. The time has arrived to put players on notice that their performances are unacceptable by dropping them.but judging by the way nsw cup played last week what options do we have? For mine time to
move on Dorothy who runs like a big wuss, and Hodko who basically just catches and passes. If Hasler doesn't wield the axe after the shambles we saw last night after James went off then it is time for him to go too.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a change ASAP

Hey guys I went to the game and man so much errors in certain positions first can't wait till Brett Morris comes back what rounds is that by the way?
Next is I reckon that if rumours are true and Pearce and Hodkinson are origin halves des must put moses mbye in halves with Reynolds hopefully it opens his eyes and listen to what the fans and have saying also josh Morris always gets balls flat never really much area to move. kasiano should be on bench until the other teams forwards are tired and weak gives us and him more impact and don't put chase Stanley or corey Thompson in the side again I'm sure we got someone that can play decent for us on the wing cause so far only people who in my opinion are duds are Mitch brown,jono wright,Levi Dodd,corey Thompson decent but not against other nrl wingers/ centres there is reason we haven't resigned all these players hope Tim lafai makes a speedy recovery and Sam perret goes back to where he belongs on the wing. Saddest thing is if all these other teams win embarrassingly we can be last on the ladder from top full team who can be most damaging to team to a team with no direction and attack so let's pray boys and girls that our team next week gets us a win and build some confidence!!

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm always against this type of thread but am passed off with our halves... I'd get rid of hodkinson and reynolds keep mbye as 5/8 then the money from those two to buy a gun halfback

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I went to the game and man so much errors in certain positions first can't wait till Brett Morris comes back what rounds is that by the way?
Next is I reckon that if rumours are true and Pearce and Hodkinson are origin halves des must put moses mbye in halves with Reynolds hopefully it opens his eyes and listen to what the fans and have saying also josh Morris always gets balls flat never really much area to move. kasiano should be on bench until the other teams forwards are tired and weak gives us and him more impact and don't put chase Stanley or corey Thompson in the side again I'm sure we got someone that can play decent for us on the wing cause so far only people who in my opinion are duds are Mitch brown,jono wright,Levi Dodd,corey Thompson decent but not against other nrl wingers/ centres there is reason we haven't resigned all these players hope Tim lafai makes a speedy recovery and Sam perret goes back to where he belongs on the wing. Saddest thing is if all these other teams win embarrassingly we can be last on the ladder from top full team who can be most damaging to team to a team with no direction and attack so let's pray boys and girls that our team next week gets us a win and build some confidence!!
Dude PLEASE, learn to write English before you post shite on here and make a tool of yourself !

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you're right, we do need some changes I think. Hodko to NSW Cup for a game or two, may wake him up a bit

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already said it before
hodko 300k
Reynolds 450k
kasiano 550k
Williams 600k
S.Perret, **** knows what he is on but recruit Tupou.
This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kasiano is a myth !!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
there is nobody I would let go not even trex..

We were just down on troops , graham steers the ship so yeah also we had very little ball possession .

Hodko may not have the ball skills of thurston but he saves many tries single handedly.

I'm also very suspicious about the roosters 'sudden surge' , I think drug testing should be done before and after every game

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
there is nobody I would let go not even trex..

We were just down on troops , graham steers the ship so yeah also we had very little ball possession .

Hodko may not have the ball skills of thurston but he saves many tries single handedly.

I'm also very suspicious about the roosters 'sudden surge' , I think drug testing should be done before and after every game
"Sudden Surge"? A snail would have looked like travelling at the speed of light against our mob last night. Stop making excuses, you sound like Des.

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
How long do we have to put up with this HASLER BULLSHIT ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.