Pick Up/Dating Tips, Dating Stories or How You Met Your Partner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seeing as Valentines day was the other day i thought we could get our fellow Kennelers to share their knowledge and tips for picking up/dating or share stories of memorable dates, good,bad or ugly. If your a spoken for Kenneler let us know how you met your partner or a story about you and your partner, really just general discussion. Just thought something different for us to discuss about.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I googled mine.

Nah seriously .. met her via an online dating site.

She had just moved to Sydney and was looking for friends, and after a series of failed internet relationships (via chat/meet sites as a teenager), I decided to try a legit site.

$20 later and a few messages and we met up... rest is history. That was in the year 2000.

I love being able to tell people she only cost me $20 :D

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
A date story of mine. I had been seeing a girl for a few months and we hadn't really had a proper date. So i said to her we should organize to finally have that proper date and i'd sort it out to give her a surprise.

After working it out i let her know. She kept at me trying to find out what i had organized. I told her that she needed to get dressed up because it was gonna be fancy. She then kept at me so i told her it was a fancy new restaurant that had open up and that i had a surprise waiting for her when we got there.

At this time i should point out that she was a bit of a ditzy blonde. She was at me again about the name of the restaurant so i said it's called The Golden Arches and it new and fancy.

So the night came for our date. She got dressed up to the 9's hair and make up looking really nice. I had my suit on to look the part. Getting ready to go i told her she had to put on the blindfold because i had a surprise waiting for when we turned up. She did and we went on our way.

I pulled up in the car park and said to her we were there. We got out of the car and i walked her up to the stairway to the entry. I said she could take off the blindfold which she did to be greeted with a McDonalds restaurant. She just looked at me weirdly and i waved my hands and said surprise. She said you made me get dressed up like this to come here it's embarrassing because i look out of place. I couldn't stop laughing though. I said i told her there was gonna be a surprise. After a couple of minutes she ended up seeing the funny side of it. And we ended up going in anyway and had a maccas date cuz why not and i said i'd organize a real proper date for next time.

So the following week i organized another date and told her again to get dressed up and all that. Did the blindfold thing again. Drove to the restaurant. Sitting in the car i told her to take off the blondfold...guess what, we were in the McDonalds drive thru. If looks could kill she had killed me 10x over. She just continually kept saying really over and over while i laughed. I said nah i'm messing with ya i actually have something organized just stopped by Maccas to see ur reaction.

Anyway we ended up finally having that proper date but it was fun messing with her before hand. She was actually a pretty good sport because she knew i liked stirring and the proper date made up for all the joking around.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I googled mine.

Nah seriously .. met her via an online dating site.

She had just moved to Sydney and was looking for friends, and after a series of failed internet relationships (via chat/meet sites as a teenager), I decided to try a legit site.

$20 later and a few messages and we met up... rest is history. That was in the year 2000.

I love being able to tell people she only cost me $20 :D
Haha that's funny mate. My ex was free but ended up costing me alot lot more in the end

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Friend of a friend. Met at a pub.

Funny thing though, this chick walked past my house to get to school everyone day (4 years younger than me), but I never met her until we were adults.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I met my partner in London while travelling a few years back. She was a lone traveller from NZ and we hooked up on our Contiki travelling Europe. She moved to London right after where I came back home to Sydney and moved on with our lives for a few months.

I ended up moving to London and we became best mates for a year before things progressed from there I guess haha.

Long story short we're now settling in back in this side of the world in Auckland together (Big change from London haha) and still going. The friend zone can be beaten hahaha

PS Fuck you Bulldogs for not playing 1 fucking single game in NZ this year!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You just gotta pull the Frankfurt out and say "yawansum? I'll give it ya"

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
met her on our wedding day.

it was lust at first sight , I can tell you that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Liar

She would've been covered head to toe there's no way you could have known

yeah the first photo I was shown , she was covered, when I actually went to see her, she was with her mother, I thought her mother was actually her.

I said to myself, fuck she seems to be a bit older for a 20 year old, but what the heck.

Soon I discovered it was her mom, I had the biggest sigh of relief of my life.. #truestory

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Piss of
You are a sexy man
You would be fighting the chicks away with a stick

you are funny, lol

I had to talk to my wife's parents, her uncles. aunts, grand parents, neighbours dogs and then his brother and then once I got the tick of approval from every one , then I was allowed to talk to her, then she was accompanied by her mother as if I am going to seduce her before the wedding night, so I was talking to her via my future mother in law while she was sitting across the table.

it was all worth it at the end. lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you are funny, lol

I had to talk to my wife's parents, her uncles. aunts, grand parents, neighbours dogs and then his brother and then once I got the tick of approval from every one , then I was allowed to talk to her, then she was accompanied by her mother as if I am going to seduce her before the wedding night, so I was talking to her via my future mother in law while she was sitting across the table.

it was all worth it at the end. lol
What about your kids? Do you plan to arrange their marriages

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about your kids? Do you plan to arrange their marriages

If they choose to.

I wanted to have my parents chose for me so If something fucks up in the future, I could always blame them, lol

naah, chicks from overseas are "easier to manage", I guess.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they choose to.

I wanted to have my parents chose for me so If something fucks up in the future, I could always blame them, lol

naah, chicks from overseas are "easier to manage", I guess.
Good that you're letting them choose

Status
Not open for further replies.