Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when i sold him a car a couple of years ago and I couldn't resist asking him on his opinion of the dogs. He told me he loved the dogs and they have a special spot for him but the leadership is all over the place.

This could be the biggest change in our club for a decade.

Beware of the wounded dog

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can he give his signature 'last word' every time the boys run out? I can sit down and listen to him talk all day about the Bulldogs.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you guys let him have full power for 2 to 3 years you will be laughing. He is smart enough to put the right people in the right roles. If the board tries to limit him or shit cans some of his plans it will go the other way. As a neutral it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My only hope is that he wont take the easy path and try and poach the people for the key roles from Penrith. I dont think he will, I think he takes pride on what he built, and wont want to tear it down.

As fans all I can suggest is be patient. Expect low key journeyman type signings at first. It's hard not to want success quickly after so many years of shit, but the "5 year plan" model seems a good one and sustainable.

**Just to be clear, the whole 5 year plan thing is a Rothfield myth. I just use it to describe the plans he put in place at Penrith.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder how long his signed for cos we need at least a 5 year plan

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did not miss saying on 9 he is in charge of all things Rugby League - a clear message

Reactions: TAS

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can he give his signature 'last word' every time the boys run out? I can sit down and listen to him talk all day about the Bulldogs.
He has always admired our knack for developing forwards. Hopefully we get that back