Phil Gould knocked back by Ben Hunt as Bulldogs search for a seven

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard that some bloke down the mall heard old mate @Isaac heard that Gus offered Hook a pathways recruitment directors role, as he has always believed young talent scouting was his strength.

Ben is unhappy and loves Hook, Hook needs a job and Gus is Gus…

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beautiful..another merry go round of will he won't he speculation lol
I'm 50/50 we need him and it comes at a big price..over to the main men in the puzzle to decide Hunt and Gus.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Three year deal for Hunt two years playing and a year as halves coach please gus

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely sign Ben hunt.
KO will be better off for it
Think the whole team will... Knowledge and experience is priceless.

Every team has an old head and every player hangs off their every word. Its a no brainer and we are 5 years already behind that 8 ball.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons aren't winning a title anytime soon.. they should sell Hunt to us, then go improve their whole roster.. meanwhile if we got Hunt and a couple of decent front rowers, or at least one top notch front rower, we would have a strong enough team to be pushing for top 4 next year and year after.
We're winning the comp next year.... the 20 year cycle is due to arrive in 2024...

1974 - Runners Up
1984 - Premiers
1994 - Runners Up
2004 - Premiers
2014 - Runners Up
2024 - Premiers

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need him.
WE are a young team and building. Drag in these older guys and what does KO learn in reserve grade?
He learns that there maybe greener pastures somewhere.
The Dogs have some great players coming through the grades and they don't need any 33-35 year old players blocking them.
I would rather watch a team of up and coming goers than a team with Superannuees.
He builds a partnership / combination with Papalii who should be an integral part of our future

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ben Hunt will take so much pressure off Matt Burton & Reed Mahoney. He's also a natural right edge player which is exactly where he'd play for us. 2 years of Ben Hunt at halfback gives KO time to develop without putting too much pressure on him.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldnt he look great in blue and white come on gus work ya magic get ben hunt to belmore

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I was Gus I'd say you'd still be on a big $ contract with us.

Also on the sly let him know there will be a role for him with the club when he retires if he wants it. Something in the realm of mental health and mentoring young players on pressure expectation and dealing with social media due to match losing plays etc.