Phil Gould: Frustrated clubs want change of pace, but still united behind ARLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

The support from the 16 NRL clubs for chairman John Grant and his fellow commissioners is complete and unwavering. It's clear to see these people are setting up a solid foundation for the future of our great game.

Personally, I can also guarantee my 100 per cent support for Grant and our commissioners.

This is not to say we won't disagree from time to time. Having people with differing opinions is a good thing. However, I'm sure I speak for all NRL club officials in saying we have complete confidence in knowing these commissioners will always base their decisions on what they believe to be in the best long-term interests of the game. That is all we can ask.

Read more:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just changed the thread title as it was a little misleading..

I can see Goulds point about the clubs wanting the ARLC and thus must back them, but he's missed a few major things.

Grant is too busy parading around making decisions with the ARLC on behalf of the game, whilst they can. They are taking advantage of their position (whilst in power), to bring things into the game that we simply didn't need changed. All the while things that require/required urgent addressing took way too long to come to light.

Add in incredibly poor handling of the way Bulldogs were punished vs Jorge Taufua and more recently Blake Ferguson playing up, and it reeks of inconsistencies.

The decisions made by the ARLC could easily have been made by a clubs council with appointment of an NRL CEO to oversee and make ruling on the ideas, it does not need the ARLC in order to progress the game into the future.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Hay Ozzy do you go to the trouble adding the SMH picture/link ?

Super professional champ

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I have been a little critical of the Commission's work to date, but it looks like that everyone is getting onto the same page, and that can only make things better. I hope the communication continues.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Gould was pretty vocal in calling for a Commission to oversee NRL operations, but nobody was expecting the Commission to take over, this makes NRL management obsolete.
They can stick Thursday night footy up der arses and the NRL should reinstate the shoulder charge as it wasn't the Commissions decision to make.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Hay Ozzy do you go to the trouble adding the SMH picture/link ?

Super professional champ
I work with the SMH, I have been told by one of the editors (they notice I post articles on here) that when posting an article here, I ensure that I add the link and the Fairfax associated logos of where I got these articles from.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I work with the SMH, I have been told by one of the editors (they notice I post articles on here) that when posting an article here, I ensure that I add the link and the Fairfax associated logos of where I got these articles from.
How do they feel when Mr Invisible comes along and edits your thread :p

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How do they feel when Mr Invisible comes along and edits your thread :p
All I did was edit the thread title from "Phil Gould: Frustrated clubs want change" to "Phil Gould: Frustrated clubs want change of pace, but still united behind ARLC"

I thought Gould was pretty vocal in calling for a Commission to oversee NRL operations, but nobody was expecting the Commission to take over, this makes NRL management obsolete.
They can stick Thursday night footy up der arses and the NRL should reinstate the shoulder charge as it wasn't the Commissions decision to make.
Well they've got an expert in financials as the NRL CEO.

That concerns me as it seems like they'll want him to manage the money while they attempt to manage the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.