Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol wrong. NRL players have a huge impact on the development of juniors into firstgraders, if you disagree with that then just lol, don't know what else to say. I've highlighted the numerous signings the Panthers made over the years that had significant impact on key players we see today.
So are you saying having players in the team like ..

JAC
Kikau
Mahoney
Crichton
Burton
King
Kiraz
Preston

… aren’t good enough to inspire mentor and help teach these young kids as they’re coming through .. everyone knows we could use a couple of elite props …

But if these ex premiership players and these other experienced players can’t inspire and help these young blokes coming through, who would you like in the team that can ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on bro don’t you know? Gus should have signed Haas or Tino, AFB, Reece Walsh and Tom Dearden.
It is harsh to pass judgment without knowing the full details, Gus is left no stone unturned in order to sign the best available talent, lack of trying wasn't the reason we missed out !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

JAC
Kikau
Mahoney
Crichton
Burton
King
Kiraz
Preston

… aren’t good enough to inspire mentor and help teach these young kids as they’re coming through .. everyone knows we could use a couple of elite props …

But if these ex premiership players and these other experienced players can’t inspire and help these young blokes coming through, who would you like in the team that can ?
No they're not.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

JAC
Kikau
Mahoney
Crichton
Burton
King
Kiraz
Preston

JAC is literally coming last in beep tests

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro.. take 5 mins and read thru his posts since joining.. it’s one long slag off fest. Like any long suffering supporter I am pissed about our long losing streak and not all moves the club has made sit well with me. But, there is positive signs and I honestly believe we will see a much improved showing in 24. I wasnt a Ciraldo fan but he has had 1 year and he deserves time to show if he has something and like or hate Gould he is making moves with our juniors and pathways.

Like you I just wish we signed some props.
So because most can see some improvements in various departments in the club it is toxic positivity?

This is why you get lumped with the TROLL SQUAD.

Most on here all agree that our FG squad is not up to scratch and we have many areas that need improving, but can see improvements that have not yet filtered through to the FG squad does not make it toxic positivity.

Not everything is shit or amazing. there is a lot of inbetween and this is where most supporters sit.

Labelling me as having 'toxic positivity' just shows your limited understanding of what is actually going on.
100% agree Bro.
I will give Gus and CC another 18 month's and if we aren't competitive I will be asking questions.
However I think we should all be united behind our team. Quit the negativity. If you cannot see the positives you are either being disingenuous or you have an agenda.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is harsh to pass judgment without knowing the full details, Gus is left no stone unturned in order to sign the best available talent, lack of trying wasn't the reason we missed out !!!
I think he might have been a tad sarcastic

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm fine, dw.
10 times.

10 times they ask for help.

On average, a person who kills themself asks for help 10 times through little comments like that mate.

Now. You can say you're fine, and maybe you are. Which I'm happy about.

But, anyone reading this needs to know (yourself included) that it's important to seek help if they need help.

Had to be said mate

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is future proofing us. Anyone who can’t see that is a dopey ****. I would like to sign a prop or two for 24 though
Of course uce we still have some gaps and every club goes to market when needed but to win a comp you need majority of your team already in the system for a few years. Look at tigers they signed really well the last couple years and they are still mud. Then compare to roosters very small junior league but they do so well because they get most of their good players in the system at 16/17.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree Bro.
I will give Gus and CC another 18 month's and if we aren't competitive I will be asking questions.
However I think we should all be united behind our team. Quit the negativity. If you cannot see the positives you are either being disingenuous or you have an agenda.
I agree.

Can't judge anything halfway through and this restructure is far from finished.

18 months to 2 yrs and then we can judge the results.

As I said before, some good things are happening, but we are a long way off from being the final product.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Being skeptical of a club that has continuously made the wrong decisions for 7 years straight is extremely normal behavior btw

Its up to the club to produce results on the field to justify optimism and support after so long

Back on topic though… its another “good” signing if other measures are put into place and these juniors have a healthy and cohesive environment to come into

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm fine, dw.
Every doggies fan is pissed off, it's depressing seeing what the team spewed up. We like seeing progress, juniours development, results, style, most of us follow not only the team but the club itself.

It's frustrating also we have a young generation of kids not knowing anything about the dominant club we were, even when we weren't winning GF's our club was an Australian powerhouse of a club.

We took the long route, you're smart, you'd already know we were restricted from instant success buying players, so the club itself has been improving in many areas, to improve the club. The fans are part of the club and believe it or not are a part of building success. Just like the players have to buy into the coach, and feel the support of the fans, us fans need to buy into the idea that the club is moving in the right direction.

Luckily we have guys sharing info, training updates, Gus is open with info us fans want to know, these things we haven't really had before and help us see that wheels are turning.

There's still plenty the club needs to do, but it's only time before the team improves, gets results.

I feel ya, everyone does, but we have to look at the good things being done, they far outweigh the negatives. Just like the team needs unity, build up a strong collective mind, us Bulldogs army need to too.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10.77 is ridiculous speed. I’m assuming u went to nationals at school?? I ran low 11’s and got to state level once
Yes i went to nationals, was 1st leg of nsw rep 4x100m relay for many years up until leaving school, went to st mels campsie, but was 2nd fastest there, go figure.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This post is absolutely why fans should be hopeful.
Is there is a better measure for developing new talent than how we performed in Flegg and Massey?
Bulldogs won both in 2023, with our props and halves dominating both grand finals.
Sure, these players are 2-3 years away from top grade, and many will get picked up elsewhere.
But I can't think of what else anyone can expect.
Plus when you consider that the board wanted both a pretty quick turnaround on the field as well as development I think we have done a pretty good job. We are certainly heading in the right direction development wise which would usually take 4 or 5 years to produce a top 8 or 4 side (Penrish for example).

Yet we are also close to getting a competitive side in the 2nd year and probably will come close to a top 8 by year 3. By that time some of the young guns will be hitting top grade and it can only get better.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've tried it didn't work...I need to put on some kgs. :laughing:
Reminds me of a story. A friend of my stepdad wanted to know how deep this quarry filled with water was. After trying to delve the depth with a rock on the end of a rope which wasn't long enough, he decided the next best method was to hold the heaviest rock he could and jump off the highest side of the quarry.

Anyway he did this and before he could get deep enough to drown on the way up. He burst both eardrums and let go of the rock. He supposedly still almost drowned. If he hadn't burst his eardrums I think he'd have been a Darwin award winner. I still think he deserves an honorary membership.