Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep indeed. Each year I hope for year on year incremental improvement. The recruitment mostly looks good and seems to have us heading in the right direction both in the NRL team and Juniors. However Gus tells us to have patience….since 2020 when Bulldogs & Broncos both “finished last” on 6 points (only F/A saved us), Broncos have climbed from bottom to top by 2023.
2020-23 we have finished 15, 16, 12, 15. Almost no improvement. With turning over at minimum half the roster every year, I would expect our climb up the ladder should be well on the way. Gus/CC need to deliver in 2024, to finish somewhere 9-12 at least.
Can’t compare us and the broncos.they had juniors coming through that just weren’t ready.we all new the broncos weren't going to be down the bottom for long.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story. A friend of my stepdad wanted to know how deep this quarry filled with water was. After trying to delve the depth with a rock on the end of a rope which wasn't long enough, he decided the next best method was to hold the heaviest rock he could and jump off the highest side of the quarry.

Anyway he did this and before he could get deep enough to drown on the way up. He burst both eardrums and let go of the rock. He supposedly still almost drowned. If he hadn't burst his eardrums I think he'd have been a Darwin award winner. I still think he deserves an honorary membership.
I thought I had an original and a Life changing brilliant idea, a noble award winner...
Damn, you've ruined it for me :laughing:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.

Can't judge anything halfway through and this restructure is far from finished.

18 months to 2 yrs and then we can judge the results.

As I said before, some good things are happening, but we are a long way off from being the final product.
Oh but the critics will judge! Even though the people currently in charge have only been there for 2 to 3 years and only 1 year in Ciro’s case.

The fact we’ve been shit for 7 years or whatever they say (which is their main argument) is completely irrelevant! As if you’re going to cite that long, when the current administration, Gus and Ciro weren’t even involved. Do these people think, that there was already foundations of a good culture that they just had to build on? Hahaha so naive. Khoury, Warbs, Gus and now Ciro had to start from scratch. That’s how far we had fallen since 2014. But don’t let facts stop the whingers…

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh but the critics will judge! Even though the people currently in charge have only been there for 2 to 3 years and only 1 year in Ciro’s case.

The fact we’ve been shit for 7 years or whatever they say (which is their main argument) is completely irrelevant! As if you’re going to cite that long, when the current administration, Gus and Ciro weren’t even involved. Do these people think, that there was already foundations of a good culture that they just had to build on? Hahaha so naive. Khoury, Warbs, Gus and now Ciro had to start from scratch. That’s how far we had fallen since 2014. But don’t let facts stop the whingers…
Exactly.

And stopping the current process to start a new one will only set us to where we were 7 years ago and just prolong our agony.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.

And stopping the current process to start a new one will only set us to where we were 7 years ago and just prolong our agony.
The processes Khoury, Gus, Warb’s & CC have started and put in place, have the best chance of seeing us back to the powerhouse club we once were .. not like it’s a new idea, we’ve previously seen these same processes yield huge rewards.

Starting all over again can break these processes and foundations they’re building down and see us crash for another 10 years, to start again would be ridiculous ..

This is why it’s best to try and be as positive as possible, and trust in the system .. what other choice is there, I’m actually very optimistic about our next 10 years.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The processes Khoury, Gus, Warb’s & CC have started and put in place, have the best chance of seeing us back to the powerhouse club we once were .. not like it’s a new idea, we’ve previously seen these same processes yield huge rewards.

Starting all over again can break these processes and foundations they’re building down and see us crash for another 10 years, to start again would be ridiculous ..

This is why it’s best to try and be as positive as possible, and trust in the system .. what other choice is there, I’m actually very optimistic about our next 10 years.
I’ve said it for months when the new recruits were finally announced for 2024 that we would be in a better place this coming season than 2023 purely based on the vital experience & depth in a number of positions this team has picked up.

Yes, Props & depth up front is a big concern, but nearly every single club has some sort of concerns!

Eels concerns are depth of backline/dummy halves!
Dragons concerns are depth of fullback/backrow!
Roosters concerns are depth of halves!
Tigers concerns are everything!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The processes that have been put in place are the same recipe for disaster which got us into the original hole:
- a single dictator given full control of all aspects of the football department (Gus, previously Des)
- a rookie/unproven head coach (Ciraldope, previously Pay/Barrett). Except its even worse this time cos we are spending far more on him and longer term deal
- big money being spent outside backs and edge fwds before addressing deficiency in the spine (jac, kikau, crichton etc, previously cotric, trex etc)

An improved jnr base wont change shit unless we improve these other areas with it. 2023 steep regression was all these errors in action and we can look forward to more of the same this yr

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The processes that have been put in place are the same recipe for disaster which got us into the original hole:
- a single dictator given full control of all aspects of the football department (Gus, previously Des)
- a rookie/unproven head coach (Ciraldope, previously Pay/Barrett). Except its even worse this time cos we are spending far more on him and longer term deal
- big money being spent outside backs and edge fwds before addressing deficiency in the spine (jac, kikau, crichton etc, previously cotric, trex etc)

An improved jnr base wont change shit unless we improve these other areas with it. 2023 steep regression was all these errors in action and we can look forward to more of the same this yr
Funny how you’re the only one that thinks it’s a disaster, so you know more than the whole board that was meant to be moved on by your sources.
You refuse to wait till 2024.

You make up lies about signings and overthrowing the board.

You make up players salary from thin air.

you won’t acknowledge anything good that the club is doing.

you’re not a member of the club you don’t go to games , you refuse to watch the team train but yet you think you have the best interest of the club?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Based on your track record we should be looking forward to a good year this year

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree Bro.
I will give Gus and CC another 18 month's and if we aren't competitive I will be asking questions.
However I think we should all be united behind our team. Quit the negativity. If you cannot see the positives you are either being disingenuous or you have an agenda.
I personally don’t have any issues with people being critical or “negative”, it’s part of having discussions on a forum. It’s give and take, some things get called out for being wrong and some things are applauded.

But the problem with some monkeys on this forum is the constant and relentless negativity. They don’t give up, everything is bad about the club, the merchandise, the coaches, our recruits, Ciraldo, Gus, Khoury, our fans, our physio and medical staff and our ball boys. It’s constant non stop bashing. They either just like being different, have severe mental issues or pure and simple have an agenda. They will even put a negative spin on positive news.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny how you’re the only one that thinks it’s a disaster, so you know more than the whole board that was meant to be moved on by your sources.
You refuse to wait till 2024.

You make up lies about signings and overthrowing the board.

You make up players salary from thin air.

you won’t acknowledge anything good that the club is doing.

you’re not a member of the club you don’t go to games , you refuse to watch the team train but yet you think you have the best interest of the club?
I have thought for some time that he is a teenager with a weird sense of humour just baiting us all for his own amusement.
And the other one who keeps tagging him sounds like a prepubescent girl with a crush on him and will say anything to impress him.