Personal call from Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I keep hearing that we screwed up by letting ennis go... despite ennis being almost as bad as licha in attack last year.. do people have short term memory on here ?
do you have a 1 week old memory?

ennis led us to a grand final in 2014 and led cronulla to a title 2 weeks ago, he clearly proved that getting rid of him was a major mistake

i guarantee cronulla will turn to shit now because the main problem with having ennis is that you feel it initially when you dont have him anymore, like cronulla did this year when ennis was sick one week

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh its bullshit, excuses like "They're not experienced enough" doesn't hold up if you've decided to put them in first grade. Why would they let Hodko go if Des didnt have the confidence to let Mbye play his natural game.
Des just wanted the team to play a certain way and that is it. He dumped the experienced players and brought in young players or fringe players as they would do what they were told rather than challenge him like Ennis and Frank did.

Cleary is the best example of what you should do with a young player.. people carry on like he is this gun half back already but in reality he is just playing to his strengths like running, supporting and kicking. He can do this because the coach LETS him, he also tells the rest of the players to support him while Moylan and Wallace guide the side around.

Instead Des just throws a player in and tells him to do what he wants no matter his strengths ffs. Des has set the development of our players back years. I'm fucking filthy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@immortalbulldog thanks for sharing your conversation with us.

Do you think perhaps that the board have chewed her out for losing touch with the fanbase? and that this has prompted her to start making phone calls.

Do you mind if I ask if you have renewed membership, or cancelled it?

Because I noticed today suddenly there is news aout Beastwoods re-signing... normally we find those things out via the media.

In another note, the juniors thing is a bit of a cop out... why wasn't that already in place?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You know a CEO is under pressure when they start calling nobody's, to explain themselves.
omg dont listen to that immortalbulldog, you are somebody tbh

to be fair hasler should be the one to answer for all these things, raelene is stuck as fireman putting out his fires because she cant sack him if she wanted

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have no choice but to blood abbey as hoppa is a natural centre and bmoz has to be on the wing the big concern is if abbey is a dud we are fucked

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addressing the juniors she said the club will be creating a full time position to develop local talent and to guide them in the transition to u20's and so on. They will be working with Des and the new recruitment officer to also bring talent into the system from around Australia and NZ. .
The candidates for this position are:
Geoff Toovey
Cliff Lyons
Steve Menzies
Michael O'Connor
Matthew Ridge, and
Nik Kosef

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
She mentioned him and Brenko Lee specifically a few times
Hopefully Woolford gets a run, been told he will be in the 17 next season...welll that was expected when he signed the contract.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
@immortalbulldog thanks for sharing your conversation with us.

Do you think perhaps that the board have chewed her out for losing touch with the fanbase? and that this has prompted her to start making phone calls.

Do you mind if I ask if you have renewed membership, or cancelled it?

Because I noticed today suddenly there is news aout Beastwoods re-signing... normally we find those things out via the media.

In another note, the juniors thing is a bit of a cop out... why wasn't that already in place?
I renewed my membership. It rolled over. But I made it clear I would be reluctantly renewing because I love the club. There were no threats to cancel so she wasn't ringing about that. She wasn't trying to give me a sales pitch or anything. She was honest, admitted we've made mistakes and said how she's planning to fix it.
She did however say that the negotiations that go on behind the scenes in all aspects of the club are delicate and the club can't disclose everything that goes on. She hinted that she gets asked about recruitment all the time and simply can't risk telling people every single detail.

I saw the Eastwood email today. She didn't mention anything about it. I'd say that the club probably wanted to get something positive out there

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's damage control. At my old work, my big boss was well known in the industry and clients would generally quieten down when the boss called.

Good insights gleaned though.

Did you get a sense on what will change next year? I just don't want to see hit up and hit up.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm impressed she actually took the INITATIVE to call... gained some respected.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the best trick the devil played was convincing the world he didn't exist.......

Status
Not open for further replies.